Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1752
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If we want a Free Agent, it's not that difficult to move a 10 million expiring deal. We were only trading Thad if we weren't going for the playoffs. This move signals the opposite. We are trying to improve now.

Thad can hide Vuc's defensive deficiencies.

Also, this Free Agency class might not even be that great. Kawhi will likely reup with the Clippers, and if he doesn't, and we were in play, we'd be able to move the expiring deals to make space. Derozan could still be an option, and again, we can clear space for that.
    Derozan? lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Good players require big extensions, that should be obvious. And we have been taking our chances in the draft for the past 2 decades and look at us lmao. You want us to draft more Wendell Carter Jrs? Not gonna win anything with that. Getting that first pick is a crapshoot
    I'd rather take my chances in a crapshoot draft than pretend to be excited about a fringe playoff team with 2 max players who can't defend anybody. To each his own...

What picks are we expecting to land a star with? Our 8-12 this year, and if we did improve, our 12-16? Vuc isn't even expensive for what he brings to the table. Would you guys rather we extend Lauri for 18-20 million for a 3rd of the production?

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    I'd rather take my chances in a crapshoot draft than pretend to be excited about a fringe playoff team with 2 max players who can't defend anybody. To each his own...
    If we aren't good with Vuc, it's not like he won't be tradeable. It's not like we already paid him big money. We have a season to evaluate. We can still make room to add a max this summer if one presents itself, which is a big if anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    What picks are we expecting to land a star with? Our 8-12 this year, and if we did improve, our 12-16? Vuc isn't even expensive for what he brings to the table. Would you guys rather we extend Lauri for 18-20 million for a 3rd of the production?
    You can find atleast 1 "all-star" at 7-14 in most drafts. Its about having the right talent evaluators and ofcourse a bit of luck.

Ironically the two studs we had to give up assets for were taken 13 and 16

Why are people talking about a vuc extension? We have him under contract on a bargain deal for his production for two more years after this season at which time, unless he becomes a superstar, he will be traded or not resigned. The point of trades like this for another Allstar is to attract attention to our roster and team. To make the bulls a destination by showing a winning culture which Vucevic helps do. In two years zach will just be entering his prime and we could potentially look good enough for a superstar to want to come play with him currently this teams young guys werenít doing that like we had hoped by being the ďgood, young, up and comingĒ team cuz we werenít good enough. Also itís to appease Zach, even if we become a middle of the pack playoff team thatís better than anything heís ever been on. If the bulls keep losing especially how we have been losing lately then it wouldnít be far fetched to think Zach starts to maybe get disgruntled and may want to leave whether that be in free agency or trying to force a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    Why are people talking about a vuc extension? We have him under contract on a bargain deal for his production for two more years after this season at which time, unless he becomes a superstar, he will be traded or not resigned. The point of trades like this for another Allstar is to attract attention to our roster and team. To make the bulls a destination by showing a winning culture which Vucevic helps do. In two years zach will just be entering his prime and we could potentially look good enough for a superstar to want to come play with him currently this teams young guys werenít doing that like we had hoped by being the ďgood, young, up and comingĒ team cuz we werenít good enough. Also itís to appease Zach, even if we become a middle of the pack playoff team thatís better than anything heís ever been on. If the bulls keep losing especially how we have been losing lately then it wouldnít be far fetched to think Zach starts to maybe get disgruntled and may want to leave whether that be in free agency or trying to force a trade.
    Exactly! Zach is literally the sole focus of this trade. I don't think many in here want to lose or trade Lavine, but if we stand pat, and look to the draft, that's exactly what is going to happen next summer. He's gonna go to the highest bidder on a true contender. Hell he might still, but you have to at least try to make things happen, which we did. This doesn't set us back a decade. If we crap out this and next year, we can still move Lavine at the deadline. We can still move Vuc at the deadline.

Keeping Lauri is a tough pill to swallow here. Him and Vuc donít work at all Lauri does nothing that Vuc canít do and your defense is now worse.

Ecstatic about vuc but man keeping Lauri sucks.

Iím assuming no markkanen trade, havenít nothing about him so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Keeping Lauri is a tough pill to swallow here. Him and Vuc donít work at all Lauri does nothing that Vuc canít do and your defense is now worse.

Ecstatic about vuc but man keeping Lauri sucks.
    If I ever see White-Lavine-Lauri-Vuc on the floor together I'm done lol

Iím not a fan Of keeping markkanen but itís whatever at least we upgrade one position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Lauri legend can start playing to his potential as a 6th man type. Easier matchups, can be more of an offensive focus in the 1st bench unit. Build up that trade value before a nice sign and trade where we can dump Aminu's money too.

I just want to celebrate Felicio's contract going bye bye soon.
    He's played 2,149 minutes since signing for 4/32.
    179 quarters.
    45 full games.
    Nearly 15k per minute played.

What a life for Felicio.