Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1729
    I'll admit, I'm an optimist, I believe Lauri, White and Wendell will show much better than they have under Donovan. I've always been a Spurs fan as well as a Bulls fan, I believe way more in the building your team with solid players through the draft than the trade for Superstar approach.

So many of these stars leave after a year or two or three, and the team that traded for them is out a lot of assets. Kyrie, harden and Westbrook, their teams gave up a grip to get them and now they're on new teams. Kawhi left Toronto after a year, KD left the Warriors, Lebron leaves every team. Jazz are winning with a couple of great scorers, one great defender and teamwork.

This is the Nets second time going all in for star power, at the expense of their bench and drafts picks. May bring them short-term success, but in a couple of years, it's going to really hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Also pretty curious what the Bulls have in Marko hes been having some big games this season. Videos Ive seen while small sample size shows a guy who knows how to shoot and post up. Guess well see potentially next season. AK does have himself a pretty damn good track record of Euro bigs.
    He's 1 or 2 years away? Everything I hear is good, but I don't buy the Joker comps just based on stat lines, which is all I can even base their euro careers off of. Can he Pass? Based off his career high 2.0 APG, I'd say no. I do look him up, but I basically have no opinion of him yet. I actually watch quite a bit of Euroleague on BetRivers website. Wish his team was in that so I could see him play regularly

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    I'll admit, I'm an optimist, I believe Lauri, White and Wendell will show much better than they have under Donovan. I've always been a Spurs fan as well as a Bulls fan, I believe way more in the building your team with solid players through the draft than the trade for Superstar approach.

So many of these stars leave after a year or two or three, and the team that traded for them is out a lot of assets. Kyrie, harden and Westbrook, their teams gave up a grip to get them and now they're on new teams. Kawhi left Toronto after a year, KD left the Warriors, Lebron leaves every team. Jazz are winning with a couple of great scorers, one great defender and teamwork.

This is the Nets second time going all in for star power, at the expense of their bench and drafts picks. May bring them short-term success, but in a couple of years, it's going to really hurt.
    I think they could all be good players on good teams. Even great teams. Just not 1-3 options on championship teams. 3-4 years from now, Pat Williams could become an elite wing. If Lavine sticks around that long, that could create a championship window.

If we want to push the clock up for us, we need to get an elite wing this offseason, or next in Free Agency. Otherwise it's a long waiting game. The good thing is, for the 1st time we have positive situation that might attract someone. We have a Scoring Star in Lavine, we have a good coach in Billy D, we might have a respected FO, and we have money to spend. You can probably say Thad is somewhat of a draw too. Most good players would want a teammate like Thad. Prior to this year, all we really had was maybe some good young players, none of which had proven themselves yet.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-28-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    He's 1 or 2 years away? Everything I hear is good, but I don't buy the Joker comps just based on stat lines, which is all I can even base their euro careers off of. Can he Pass? Based off his career high 2.0 APG, I'd say no. I do look him up, but I basically have no opinion of him yet. I actually watch quite a bit of Euroleague on BetRivers website. Wish his team was in that so I could see him play regularly
    I dont believe there ever was a Jokic comparison?

I dont believe there ever was a Jokic comparison?
    Not really a comp. More of a could Arty strike gold again. Same team same position different player altogether. I read that type of thing in a few articles on Marko

Not really a comp. More of a could Arty strike gold again. Same team same position different player altogether. I read that type of thing in a few articles on Marko
    Ah I mean Im not really sure what to compare him to. Hes a good pick and roll and pick and pop player. Hes got some post moves. Hell make some nice passes but hes definitely no point forward/center type. Hes not a good defender but has shown some blocking skills. Hed probably be a solid bench big man who can score.

I think people just think AK has a good track record with Euro bigs which he definitely does with Jokic and Nurkic.

I'm confused, what exactly are we arguing with Wendell?

I feel like we are all over the place:

I know one person was suggesting replacing Wendell with Whiteside, which was kinda funny.

Some want us to go for Drummond, which I'm fine with grabbing Drummond without losing any legitimate asset, since he's a UFA. I wouldn't offer him crazy money before we addressed PG and Wing in the offseason though. Those are more pressing then needs then Center.

Some want us to grab a rim protecting bench big to play a small role when we play some of the bigger more imposing bigs. To feel the role that Gafford couldn't seem to handle.

You seem to miss the point on a few things...
    For being someone who has said getting big name players in FA, how do you do that if you're in a rebuilding mentality, no one significant would want to join the team. If you're fine with "rebuilding" then we might as well not changed a thing in the FO. The mentality has to be win now (that doesn't mean a championship) minimum get passed first round, that should be the expectation.
    You mention going for drummond, as if you would get him without losing legitmate assets, whoever gets him will pay a premium and still run the risk of not re-signing. If you have a solid center "real" center that allows for the aggressive wing defense which is needed for easy fast break points.
    Gafford couldn't fill that roll, right. But WCJ has said he doesn't like the five "doesn't feel comfortable". If you didn't see WCJ as a strech four, all you need to know is he was building houses, even with open shots. How can you compare gafford not filling the role and WCJ also not fitting the role, WCJ was top 15 pick, should be held to high standard.

Hey if an all star caliber center becomes available im all about it. Im not about trading a guy who still has rookie contract years on his contract for whiteside lol.

This could be a completely different conversation next season when Wendell is an upcoming fa if hes not improving and not healthy its probably time to move on.

Of course you want an all-star caliber whatever position, but how are you going to attract that in FA or acquire and not get rid of significant assets in the process. you want to keep WCJ and play him as a stretch four or continue struggling at the center position. Yea, wait until next year, another losing season just what everyone wants to see. Or you prefer building through the draft.. more losing. You need to make a move to have a winning season to attract talent.
    You thought process on Lauri doesn't make sense then either, why not give him more time, he's only played so little under a real coach.. Lauri in his first 1-2 showed much more potential then WCJ, offensively slashing, shooting and defensively was very active. Might as well give him more time too.

Quote Originally Posted by OoooooBull View Post
    For being someone who has said getting big name players in FA, how do you do that if you're in a rebuilding mentality, no one significant would want to join the team. If you're fine with "rebuilding" then we might as well not changed a thing in the FO. The mentality has to be win now (that doesn't mean a championship) minimum get passed first round, that should be the expectation.
    You mention going for drummond, as if you would get him without losing legitmate assets, whoever gets him will pay a premium and still run the risk of not re-signing. If you have a solid center "real" center that allows for the aggressive wing defense which is needed for easy fast break points.
    Gafford couldn't fill that roll, right. But WCJ has said he doesn't like the five "doesn't feel comfortable". If you didn't see WCJ as a strech four, all you need to know is he was building houses, even with open shots. How can you compare gafford not filling the role and WCJ also not fitting the role, WCJ was top 15 pick, should be held to high standard.
    Drummond was traded for 2 end of the bench players and a future second round pick swap in 2023 a year ago. Im curious what you think is losing legitimate assets?

Of course you want an all-star caliber whatever position, but how are you going to attract that in FA or acquire and not get rid of significant assets in the process. you want to keep WCJ and play him as a stretch four or continue struggling at the center position. Yea, wait until next year, another losing season just what everyone wants to see. Or you prefer building through the draft.. more losing. You need to make a move to have a winning season to attract talent.
    You thought process on Lauri doesn't make sense then either, why not give him more time, he's only played so little under a real coach.. Lauri in his first 1-2 showed much more potential then WCJ, offensively slashing, shooting and defensively was very active. Might as well give him more time too.
    Lauri is a free agent pretty simple for me. If it was time to pay Wendell Id likely feel different right now.

And yes Id like to hold on the WCJ and pass at the going all in this season with Bench center whos singing for minimums Whiteside lol.

We past the rebuilding part of things. If we wanted to continue a rebuild, wed trade Lavine and Thad. Our draft picks are going to be late lottery at best from this point moving forward.

Drummond has literally zero trade value. The Cavs got him for pennies with a year of control left. They just benched him over a month prior to the deadline, which diminishes his value further, as well as being a few month rental since hes a UFA.

We are already capable of making the playoffs, and we arent even full strength.

Most of the guys we are going to be chasing in free agency are UFAs, so trading anything of worth for them now is jumping the gun and wasting future depth and flexibility. Trading guys on rookie deals like White or Wendell doesnt really make sense unless we are getting something big, with contract control beyond this year.

We are in a position to be patient this season, and create a deep sustainable competitive team.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls...chicago-bulls/

Dotson getting called up. I wonder if this means anything for anyone's PT on our roster, or if it's just for depth. I could see Valentine being the guy who loses minutes. He had an awful 14 games in February:

21.5 MPG
    8.7 PPG
    4.4 RPG
    1.9 APG
    0.8 SPG
    36.4/31.6 FG/3P%'s

That isn't really doing us much good. And that was after a hot start. He's getting worse at a rapid pace.

Last 10:

22.4 MPG
    7.3 PPG
    4.8 RPG
    1.8 APG
    0.6 SPG
    30.7/28.8 FG/3P%'s

That's not serviceable.

If we did that, our rotation could be:

Sato for Coby
    Thad for Pat
    Dotson for Temple (Probably shift Sato to SF on D depending on matchups)

With OPJ and Lauri out, could see a need to play Sato at the three more. Think Hutchinson is out, leaving us one wing over 6'6", Pat Will, and he'll be playing the four. Once again, we're height challenged. Half out team is under 6'6" and the taller guys can't stay healthy. Dotson has potential, we should probably start Sato at the three and let Dotson backup Coby. Sato can be the primary play maker with the first team, and Dotson and Thad young with the bench.

Page 86 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast