Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1729
    Last thing Iím going to say about Lauri because this has probably gone on long enough. Iíve heard the he needs a pg to make him good get him easier shots ect. That is probably be correct but at what point is enough?

It seems Lauri sure needs a lot of things to be a good player in the league and heís still going to be a bad defender and now your two biggest contracts is between two below average defenders I think zachs offense makes up for it lauri at no point in his career has proved his does. Zach at least has improved every single year and has been consistent. Even healthy Lauri has struggled with any consistency so far in his career likely because if his shot isnít falling heís not good enough inside to actually have a consistent offense.

Spend the money on a more versatile team that can actually defend and create their own shots.
    Last edited by Rndy; 02-24-2021 at 08:08 PM.

My 2 cents. Lauri is still a very young player, and still relatively new to American basketball. He'll be good eough to be the third scorer on a contender. We really should keep him and add a star to him, Lavine and Williams.

Second, you don't trade 2 firsts and a young player like Lauri for a player unless he's going to put you over the top. We're not nearly that desperate yet, we can always draft a PG next year or trade for one for much less. Haliburton ahsn't played nearly enough, Lonzo and Lauri looked great their rookie years, ad people are trying to trade them. A month ago, half the people in this forum were talking about Lonzo was garbage. Lauri + 2 firsts is way too much.

I could see them giving us Halibruton if we take Hield's contract and send Coby. A trade of Coby White and Otto Porter Jr for Haliburton and Hield could work for both teams. Hield could be sixth man like Coby should be, and Coby could play scoring guard for the Kings. OPJ contract expires, gives them a ton of money.

I think weíve established the pro Lauri vs anti Lauri debate letís talk about more pressing matters.

Do you guys think Beal could be a point guard in Billy scheme ? I have watched an embarrassing amount of Wizards games over the years I think his skill set he could be your main half court facilitator almost like how Harden has taken over that role for Nets not comparing them but what do you guys think about my not likely to happen idea ?

A future Beal-Lavine-3&D-Pwill-Carter lineup

Beal isnít like an elite defender but heís above average even if the last year or so hasnít been as kind to him. I think thatís a very versatile team offensively and defensively with multiple ball handlers and floor space
    Last edited by Rndy; 02-24-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    I think weíve established the pro Lauri vs anti Lauri debate letís talk about more pressing matters.

Do you guys think Beal could be a point guard in Billy scheme ? I have watched an embarrassing amount of Wizards games over the years I think his skill set he could be your main half court facilitator almost like how Harden has taken over that role for Nets not comparing them but what do you guys think about my not likely to happen idea ?
    Iím sure he can. Not sure I love the fit next to LaVine though. Very similar players. Who will be the alpha? That said, theyíre good enough and BD is good enough to make it work. Would never happen though.

Trade for Lowry

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Trade for Lowry
    Isnít he an unrestricted FA? Just wait a couple months and sign him outright. Iíd rather we get Conley TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020-2021 Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Isnít he an unrestricted FA? Just wait a couple months and sign him outright. Iíd rather we get Conley TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I rather make a push for the playoffs and look presentable for upcoming FAís . Ifwe can get him for Otto and and lower bench guy Iíll do but nothing substantial given his contract situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím sure he can. Not sure I love the fit next to LaVine though. Very similar players. Who will be the alpha? That said, theyíre good enough and BD is good enough to make it work. Would never happen though.
    I see what youíre saying Iím not sure it matters who alpha is both can play on and off the ball two versatile scorers. Iíd assume at this point they both want to win.

Zach is the most blitzed player in NBA he has zero help bringing in a guy like that canít double Zach nearly as much without paying for it.

Why would we stop discussing Lauri in a trade thread when heís obviously the most likely traded. This is making for the best reads/debates in here in a while. Letís keep it going...

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    Why canít we have all those things plus lauri? Lauri has no bearing on blocking a backup center. Also the luxury of lauri right now is we can have all those things plus lauri if we want to spend the money and thatís when he comes a huge luxury for us. Teams falter when they are missing certain aspects like back ups, or bench scoring, etc. right now we have have enough money coming off the books to sign a good veteran pg and wing hopefully one of those being a star but the free agent pool has really weakened and is now all dependent on teams faltering to hopefully open up someone like Leonard. But we still have more than enough money for a good veteran pg, a superstar and a back up center all before signing lauri to his extension. Then with lauri we could have him as a starter who will hopefully thrive with an actual point guard that can put him in better positions to score rather than white doing it. If not now we have a scoring punch in white and lauri as elite threats coming off the bench of staggering starter minutes. Itís like last year the clips having the luxury of both Harrell and Lou will coming off the bench. Now Iím all for trading lauri for a younger promising controllable player or a late lottery/mid round pick but anything later than that your hoping to strike gold for the hell of it when you have no reason to get rid of lauri because we can have everything everyone wants plus lauri. Yes then the team becomes expensive but hopefully those other three needs of ours are worth the spending and trust us into the discussion of title contender. Letís say we retain people like Thad, temple, sato for another year or similar personal for decent money

Vet. Pg/ Coby/sato
    Lavine/temple
    Leonard/pat/temple
    Lauri/Thad/pat/ Leonard
    Carter/lauri/Thad/vet C.

Thatís a hell of versatile line up with tons of ways to play big or play small that most teams couldnít rival, all contingent on if Leonard opts out and wants to come here but just a scenerio

Iíd love to dangle lauri/hutch/ a 1st and whatever else it would take to try and pry Lowry and siakim or OG from the raptors cuz I think thatís much more doable than Leonard opting out and coming here
    Iím prolly not starting Lauri over Pat if we got Kawhi and kept Lauri. The idea of a Lavine/Kawhi/Pat starting lineup is so juicy. Iím almost certain if we got Kawhi weíd win the East at least. The efficiency would be off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    I rather make a push for the playoffs and look presentable for upcoming FAís . Ifwe can get him for Otto and and lower bench guy Iíll do but nothing substantial given his contract situation.
    We are making a push for the playoffs with 2 of our starting 5 in the preseason out for significant time. Iím pretty confident we make the playoffs this year. Thad and Lavine changed the game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We are making a push for the playoffs with 2 of our starting 5 in the preseason out for significant time. Iím pretty confident we make the playoffs this year. Thad and Lavine changed the game for us.
    Still got the play in tournament to worry about and the 2nd half of the schedule is not easy

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Iím prolly not starting Lauri over Pat if we got Kawhi and kept Lauri. The idea of a Lavine/Kawhi/Pat starting lineup is so juicy. Iím almost certain if we got Kawhi weíd win the East at least. The efficiency would be off the charts.
    Yeah thatís fine by me. getting someone like Kawhi plus keeping lauri creates a whole universe of line ups for us to take advantage of also like I said keeping lauri and using him off the bench creates a hell of a scoring bench unit with him and lauri kind of like what clips had with Lou will and Harrell last year. Itís a luxury we can afford for at least a couple years while Coby is on his rookie deal. One of the biggest issues all these superstar packed teams always have is bench scoring and depth and in a scenario where we get kawhi and keep lauri that problem is nipped in the bud and becomes a strength.

Not sure why people think Kawhi would be an option here. Obviously thatíd be awesome but dude isnít leaving LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    Yeah thatís fine by me. getting someone like Kawhi plus keeping lauri creates a whole universe of line ups for us to take advantage of also like I said keeping lauri and using him off the bench creates a hell of a scoring bench unit with him and lauri kind of like what clips had with Lou will and Harrell last year. Itís a luxury we can afford for at least a couple years while Coby is on his rookie deal. One of the biggest issues all these superstar packed teams always have is bench scoring and depth and in a scenario where we get kawhi and keep lauri that problem is nipped in the bud and becomes a strength.
    My question is, can we afford a Max, Afford a vet PG, afford a Backup Rim Protector, and Go into the tax for Lauri? We all know how reluctant the Reinsdorfs are to be in that tax for multiple years. Who will they trade at the deadline to break our hearts? Kind of how they botched the season where we traded Deng, right when Rose was healthy again, and Butler was becoming the 2nd star. That was brutal. We never got to see Rose with 2 good wings. And we took the Cavs to the brink in that series!

Page 78 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast