Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 58 of 116 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1729
  1. #856
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post


    With a 2nd rounder
    I'd do it. Not sure the Pels would though. I'm guessing they would want Thad.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Exactly, or if they want a shooter put denzel in there.
    I'd prefer to keep Denzel. The ball moves with him. He's a solid 3 pt shooter. He has a nice floater. Although, not much upside at 27. I'd probably throw him in though if need be.

  2. #857
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,523

  3. #858
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,188
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Lauri, Sato & OPJ for Zo, Adams & Hart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we can make it Carter instead of Lauri i would do it.

  4. #859
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If we can make it Carter instead of Lauri i would do it.
    Agreed. Donít know what everyoneís fascination with trading lauri and over carter. If we look at purely for what they have been Iíd much rather keep an injury prone 20 point scoring, floor spreading big with decent athletism than an injury prone jack of no trades big in carter. Unless your using lauri in a trade for an actual coveted player than I would rather pay him than trade him for ball who I also have to pay.

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    Agreed. Donít know what everyoneís fascination with trading lauri and over carter. If we look at purely for what they have been Iíd much rather keep an injury prone 20 point scoring, floor spreading big with decent athletism than an injury prone jack of no trades big in carter. Unless your using lauri in a trade for an actual coveted player than I would rather pay him than trade him for ball who I also have to pay.
    Yeah. The only reason Iím suggesting Lauri over WCJ is because of me refusing to pay for Lauri. If we had one more year with him under contract Iíd do Carter in a nanosecond.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,523

  7. #862
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,428
    I'd be really excited about getting Lonzo if the bulls can avoid giving up coby lavine and lauri

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #863
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,523
    At this point Lauri showing he canít be dependable based on health, I rather not pay him . Give me some Pat will at the 4/3 next year. Iím starting to go back to my Lauri for Zo deal cuz you canít pay both of em if you wanna keep em and pay LAVINE to an earned extension . The better Zo plays of late the higher his value gets after the slow start

  9. #864
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    At this point Lauri showing he canít be dependable based on health, I rather not pay him . Give me some Pat will at the 4/3 next year. Iím starting to go back to my Lauri for Zo deal cuz you canít pay both of em if you wanna keep em and pay LAVINE to an earned extension . The better Zo plays of late the higher his value gets after the slow start
    I agree Lauri shouldnít be brought back. Iíd want a pick back if weíre talking Lauri for zo.

  10. #865
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,638
    We want to trade Lauri over Carter because Carter has traits that we really need. I'd rather go small and play Pat at the 4, than pay Lauri to be worthless on nights that his shot isn't falling.

    Lauri has some trade value. I think we can send him to the Thunder and land 1 of there 50 million 1st rounders. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

    In todays NBA, you don't need giant 4's that don't defend. We would be better with a 3/4 combo of Pat/Kispert then Pat/Lauri. At least Kispert would bring efficient offense.

  11. #866
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,638
    I'm almost certain we could stockpile 2 1st rounders this year. Lauri and Thad could net us 1 in separate trades.

    Another way we can try to get a potential high lottery pick is trading with the Warriors. With most of the NBA's stars signing long term deals, maybe we eat a long term big contract and extend our rebuild a little bit so Arty can get the right fits for us.

    Trade the Warriors Lauri and Otto, and take back Wiggins long term deal for the Wolves 1st.

    Or would the Warriors part with that pick for Thad/Lauri? Their biggest weakness is big man depth and a secondary shooter with Curry this year. Lauri would cover both, and Thad would give them a stud big off the bench. That would probably put them right in the thick of the west even without Klay.

  12. #867
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We want to trade Lauri over Carter because Carter has traits that we really need. I'd rather go small and play Pat at the 4, than pay Lauri to be worthless on nights that his shot isn't falling.

    Lauri has some trade value. I think we can send him to the Thunder and land 1 of there 50 million 1st rounders. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

    In todays NBA, you don't need giant 4's that don't defend. We would be better with a 3/4 combo of Pat/Kispert then Pat/Lauri. At least Kispert would bring efficient offense.
    I haven't seen too many people say that on any site or platform i've been on. Most want Lauri gone because of his contract situation. I don't even think it is close who you keep if the contract situation was the same.

  13. #868
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,638
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    I haven't seen too many people say that on any site or platform i've been on. Most want Lauri gone because of his contract situation. I don't even think it is close who you keep if the contract situation was the same.
    Wendell can play defense, and he can distribute, and he actually rebounds. We've been really bad without him, whereas we functioned without Lauri earlier on. Having to pay Lauri is more incentive to trade him too. if we can land a 1st for him now, and that buys us 5 years of control on a player that is handpicked by our new FO. I think he's shown enough this year to garner interest from teams around the league. A team like the Thunder who are rebuilding, have a boatload of picks, and won't mind paying Lauri for their rebuild period. Or contenders who could use a big and scoring. The Warriors need shooting bad this year. They need Curry to go off as well as 1 of Wiggins or Oubre to shoot well, which neither are consistent at. You put Lauri with a PG like Curry, and he would get open looks all night. You put him next to Draymond Green, and his defense won't be exploited as bad.

  14. #869
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Wendell can play defense, and he can distribute, and he actually rebounds. We've been really bad without him, whereas we functioned without Lauri earlier on. Having to pay Lauri is more incentive to trade him too. if we can land a 1st for him now, and that buys us 5 years of control on a player that is handpicked by our new FO. I think he's shown enough this year to garner interest from teams around the league. A team like the Thunder who are rebuilding, have a boatload of picks, and won't mind paying Lauri for their rebuild period. Or contenders who could use a big and scoring. The Warriors need shooting bad this year. They need Curry to go off as well as 1 of Wiggins or Oubre to shoot well, which neither are consistent at. You put Lauri with a PG like Curry, and he would get open looks all night. You put him next to Draymond Green, and his defense won't be exploited as bad.
    Carter averages 8 rebounds...... He is the 29th best rebounder in the nba..... He is MAYBE an average rebounder for your average Center. You keep over rating his passing. For a guy who gets 49 touches a game in a position to seek out assist, only getting 2 assist isn't good. Nobody in our starting lineup has been good on defense. Not a single person. I'll give P-will a pass though.

    Your reasoning behind wanting him moved is flawed. If its about the money, or injuries, or even if its the fact that he is probably a 3rd or 4th option on a championship team would be valid points.

  15. #870
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,638
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Carter averages 8 rebounds...... He is the 29th best rebounder in the nba..... He is MAYBE an average rebounder for your average Center. You keep over rating his passing. For a guy who gets 49 touches a game in a position to seek out assist, only getting 2 assist isn't good. Nobody in our starting lineup has been good on defense. Not a single person. I'll give P-will a pass though.

    Your reasoning behind wanting him moved is flawed. If its about the money, or injuries, or even if its the fact that he is probably a 3rd or 4th option on a championship team would be valid points.
    There are multiple reasons to move him.

    A) So we don't overpay him
    B) So we get an asset for him rather than losing him for nothing
    C) Because he's inconsistent
    D) Because he's limited on Defense
    E) It's pretty obvious we struggled more without Lauri than without WCJ, and cheap longer control of WCJ.


    Give me your reasons why we shouldn't trade him?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •