Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    We're talking about Lonzo because he's one of the few players being mentioned in trades right now, lol!! Nobody was really talking about him before he became available. His skill set fits our needs, play making and defense. I've seen trade suggestions like Felicio and a future first, not Coby White. He's easily worth that. Hopefully our draft picks after this year will be non-lottery anyway.

As for the fact that some players overcome surgery, being in trade rumors for months, being traded, bad coaches, young team, and playing most of your minutes with someone who plays your position, and still manage to develop quickly, fine.

If you're arguing that being on the same team for more than two years, having good coaches, playing with the same players, being allowed to actually play your position, playing with good vets, none of that should count when looking at his developmental pace, what would count? Anything? Or are all NBA players expected to reach stardom at the same time, same pace, regardless of the situation?

I don't think anyone said he was Jason Kidd. But is he a better pure PG than any we have on this team? Um, yes.

And people arguing about how much he'll cost next year should stop it. Only way he gets paid is if he balls out, then he'll be worth it. If not, might be able to re-sign at a value. He might just accept his QO and ride it out. Nobody knows.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 01-27-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Thereís no way Im trading a future first for Lonzo and then having to re-sign him. Hard pass

Iím also not sold that ball is much better, if any, than sato. If he is, itís marginal. Ball is basically hyped up because of his draft status and name. Since being in the league, heís proven to be just a guy. And a below average one at that.

Iíd aim much higher for the PG spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBulls311 View Post
    Seeing how well Michael Porter Jr is playing for the Nuggets makes our draft selection of WCJ hurt even more.
    I know his back issues were a concern but hell, they've probably missed the same amount of games so far.
    Sexton (who I really liked) and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander too. Those two plus MPJ make the WCJ pick look really bad.

Lonzo has 6 triple doubles already and 29 double doubles. You want to compare him to Sato?? Most players in the league don't have ONE triple double. He's tied at 84th in NBA HISTORY for triple doubles, one more moves him to 68th. Sato has never had one, never will. Lonzo has potential to be a game changer every night, and his name didn't get him those triple doubles.

I think his best is yet to come. If you think he's washed at 23,that's your opinion and that's fine.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 01-28-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Lonzo has 6 triple doubles already and 29 double doubles. You want to compare him to Sato?? Most players in the league don't have ONE triple double. He's tied at 84th in NBA HISTORY for triple doubles, one more moves him to 68th. Sato has never had one, never will. Lonzo has potential to be a game changer every night, and his name didn't get him those triple doubles.

I think his best is yet to come. If you think he's washed at 23,that's your opinion and that's fine.
    Iím not as impressed with triple doubles as much as I am overall body of work. If triple doubles were the gold standard, Westbrook would be one of the best ever. Rose I think only had one triple double in his career. Whatever, if you think Lonzo is going to grow into this bell cow player, then fine. Maybe he will. But that projection isnít based on any reality since heís been in the league.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I understand liking lonzo but the love is too much. The guy is moving on to his 3rd team in 3 years and people act like he is our savior. Does he have some potential. Sure. But lets stop talking about him like he is some sure fire solution to our PG problems. He still has major deficiencies in the NBA. He is a terrible finisher for a guard despite being 6'6. His FT% is still abysmal for a starting guard. And despite some signs of improvements he is still a pretty poor shooter.

And I get it. I would take a flier on him. But this notion to trade anything of value. Seems absurd for a guy you have to turn around and pay.

And people want to quote his big games. They all came prior to then competing. He was stat padding and the Lakers ran pure offense around him to be a facilitator. Once lebron came what has he done. Post trade what has he done. Has he shown glimpses. Sure. But you know how else has. Lauri. Coby. **** even wendell has had a handful of games.

So i cant rationalize trading any of these guys for him. And you can sit here and say that its because the pelicans don't have shooters... But he is part of that issue himself. He has very little to no off ball role because of his lack of shooting ability.

Sigh

We need something else to talk about. New rumors. AK needs to talk to someone and let it leak.

Trade

Chicago:
    K. Lowery
    P. Siam
    OG

Pick up ; N. Vonleh

Toronto:
    T. Satoransky
    O. Porter jr
    W. Carter jr
    C.hutchinson
    R. Arch
    Felicio
    L kornet
    Picks if needed

Bulls:
    Lowery. Lavine. Williams. Siakam. Lauri

White. Valentine/temple. OG. Thad. Gafford/vonleh

Trade 2

Chi
    F. Ntilikina
    M. Robinson

Nyk
    C. White
    W. Carter jr.

Bulls
    T.satoransky. lavine. Williams. Lauri. Robinson.

Frank. Valentine/temple. OPJ. Thad. Gafford/Vonleh . C hutch.

2020-2021 Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    [emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

I would even throw some swaps if needed to as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One interesting thing about Lonzo - he actually has the 2nd best raw +/- of any Pelicans players that plays significant minutes, at +6.7 (just behind Steven Adams' +7.3).

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Donít really see this doing anything for us. So we basically become the same exact or lesser version of the blazers current team? We would be almost the same structured team as they have now, Iíd love to have dame but Iíd say zach is only slightly better than CJ and nurkic is injury prone. For a trade like this to move the needle for us youíd have to try and keep either one of Coby or lauri in my opinion.