Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1745
    I just look at it like find an elite defensive, good size, good shooting, good playmaking point guard around the league you’re not going to find many. Lonzo has a weakness that he’s improved every year if he was the perfect player we wouldn’t be talking about him because he’d be untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    I just look at it like find an elite defensive, good size, good shooting, good playmaking point guard around the league you’re not going to find many. Lonzo has a weakness that he’s improved every year if he was the perfect player we wouldn’t be talking about him because he’d be untouchable.
    I'm still not sure I believe they even want to trade him. Most of the articles that hype up the Lonzo Ball trades, also state that they have a good PG in Bledsoe. They lose all credibility as soon as I read that. Bledsoe is not a good PG, he is a decent/solid Combo Guard. They would fall apart if they traded their only good passer, unless they got one back in the deal. The reason we could maybe make it work is because we could send them Sato to at least distribute for them. Bledsoe isn't a great distributor. That isn't really Ingram's game. Zion isn't exactly a Point Forward either.

Man I'm watching the Kings, because I can't get enough Haliburton, and boy does that team freaking suck!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Man I'm watching the Kings, because I can't get enough Haliburton, and boy does that team freaking suck!
    Yeah. We have to get some players from
    Their team or Hou. I’d take any of Barnes, Holmes, Bagley, Haliburton, Dipo, Tate, House, Nwaba from those teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt they would trade Halliburton lol but it’s a nice fantasy to talk about lol

Lonzo would be a good fit for us for sure, but it's all about price. Not sure what it would take to get him. Lauri would be a good starting point but what else would it take?

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    I highly doubt they would trade Halliburton lol but it’s a nice fantasy to talk about lol

Agree. I put his name in only because we’ve been bringing him up but I think he’s the least player they’d trade. They might trade fox before him because of the contract

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Lonzo would be a good fit for us for sure, but it's all about price. Not sure what it would take to get him. Lauri would be a good starting point but what else would it take?
    I think Lauri for Lonzo is pretty fair for both sides value wise. That said, not sure how well Zion and Lauri fit. Basically, Lonzo fits the bulls and the pels more than Lauri fits the bulls or the pels. If bulls want Lonzo, prob gonna have to make him an offer in the off season. What kinda contract do you think he’ll get? 15-20 mil per?

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Agree. I put his name in only because we’ve been bringing him up but I think he’s the least player they’d trade. They might trade fox before him because of the contract

Hield is killing that team. I saw him and Fox roll their eyes at each other multiple times last night. Watching them pair Haliburton with sorry *** Corey Joseph is tough too. He has to be one of the worst PGs that consistently gets PT over the last 5 years.

They definitely won’t trade Haliburton, but that wouldn’t stop me from trying to blow them away with a deal. Just for the simple fact that if we had him at PG, we’d only be 1 piece away from the perfect roster, and we’d have all the money in the world to obtain that having Haliburton on a rookie contract and not paying Lauri.

Haliburton/Lavine/(FA)/Pat/Wendell
    Sato/White/Temple/Thad/(FA)

Would be deadly. My dream roster.

Someone asked Billy D if we were better off without Lauri. Of course Billy said all the right things...

“I don’t I don’t”
    “We’ve had to learn to play without Lauri, Otto, Carter”
    “I still see him as an important part of this team”

But he didn’t just completely blow it off like someone like a Pop would do, which obviously Billy is friendlier to the press, but that’s still a question many coaches might just say no and move on.

I don’t think we are better without Lauri, but you have to wonder, are we better with Lauri in a lesser or maybe just a different role? I kinda think we might be.

When you start Lauri with Wendy and Coby with Zach, that’s 2 pairings that don’t exactly work well together. Defensively I don’t think it’s close. Pat and Wendell are better then Lauri land Wendell at the 4/5 by a long shot.

I think Lauri off the bench would actually make us a lot better then we are even playing right now. Lauri with Sato and Thad would open up his game a lot. Both of those guys look to distribute, and Thad has basically canned the 3, and is sticking to his 60% inside game. Thad and Lauri Inside out would work well. Whether it’s,

Sato/Zach/Thad/Lauri
    Or
    Sato/White/Thad/Lauri

Both of those lineups are highly functional. You can also squeeze any 1 of Denzel/Temple/Pat at the 3, and those lineups function.

I would start:

Coby/Lavine/Temple/Pat/Wendell (Only because I don't think Billy plans on starting Sato if he hasn't by now)

Then bring in Sato for White, Thad for Pat, Lauri for Wendell.

Sato/Lavine/Temple/Lauri/Thad

Then bring in Coby for Lavine, Pat for Temple to close out the 1st.

Sato/Coby/Pat/Lauri/Thad

To close out halves, I would base things on need at the time. Obviously if we are winning by a comfortable margin, you go defense with Pat/Wendell or Thad/Wendell. If we need to score, I'd pair Thad/Lauri.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-26-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Someone asked Billy D if we were better off without Lauri. Of course Billy said all the right things...

“I don’t I don’t”
    “We’ve had to learn to play without Lauri, Otto, Carter”
    “I still see him as an important part of this team”

But he didn’t just completely blow it off like someone like a Pop would do, which obviously Billy is friendlier to the press, but that’s still a question many coaches might just say no and move on.

I don’t think we are better without Lauri, but you have to wonder, are we better with Lauri in a lesser or maybe just a different role? I kinda think we might be.

When you start Lauri with Wendy and Coby with Zach, that’s 2 pairings that don’t exactly work well together. Defensively I don’t think it’s close. Pat and Wendell are better then Lauri land Wendell at the 4/5 by a long shot.

I think Lauri off the bench would actually make us a lot better then we are even playing right now. Lauri with Sato and Thad would open up his game a lot. Both of those guys look to distribute, and Thad has basically canned the 3, and is sticking to his 60% inside game. Thad and Lauri Inside out would work well. Whether it’s,

Sato/Zach/Thad/Lauri
    Or
    Sato/White/Thad /Lauri

Both of those lineups are highly functional. You can also squeeze any 1 of Denzel/Temple/Pat at the 3, and those lineups function.
    Agreed Bulls aren’t better without Lauri. I do think they’re better if Lauri came off the bench in a 6th man type role where he’d have better passers like thad, zel, and Sato instead of white and Lavine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Agreed Bulls aren’t better without Lauri. I do think they’re better if Lauri came off the bench in a 6th man type role where he’d have better passers like thad, zel, and Sato instead of white and Lavine.
    Yep. Should be playing about 22-25 mins a game off the bench. Don’t like him starting or finishing games

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yep. Should be playing about 22-25 mins a game off the bench. Don’t like him starting or finishing games
    That would probably depend on the score. If we need buckets, you might want Thad with Lauri. If we have a lead, you definitely go Thad and Wendell. Their help D to close out that Wolves game was a thing of beauty. If we are down and playing the foul game late, you have the luxury of going offense for defense with Lauri and Wendell between Free Throws.

I know the other night, we all would have rather seen Lauri taking that wide open corner 3 instead of Wendell. But no way we want Lauri on defense in those big moments.

If Lavine could keep transforming his game, it would be awesome if he could really get the PG thing down. If we could trust him running the offense as the lone lead guard, we could put out this defensive lineup to close out games:

Lavine/Temple/Pat/Thad/Wendell

We'd have a lot of energy, rebounding, length, veteran Leadership and athleticism in that group.

I feel like with Thad's passing, and even Wendell's decent passing, you can probably get by with this group offensively with a decent lead. The defense would be the difference maker anyways.

https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/basketb...ode=4nri68o6XG

Not sure if this link works, but that's a potential 8 man rotation, with Lauri Closing for offense in this scenario.

Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast