Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1738
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Not sure why people think Kawhi would be an option here. Obviously thatíd be awesome but dude isnít leaving LA.
    If they get knocked out early, anything is possible. He could see our future being brighter with him then with the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If they get knocked out early, anything is possible. He could see our future being brighter with him then with the Clippers.
    Yeah thatís possible, but I think he is just all about LA. If winning was his thing I doubt he ever would have left SA or then Toronto. Bulls would be killer with him, I just donít see it.

I actually am not sure there is a FA this year thatíll really move the needle for us to an elite level. It seems like packaging Lauri and picks to get a star could be the best way to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah thatís possible, but I think he is just all about LA. If winning was his thing I doubt he ever would have left SA or then Toronto. Bulls would be killer with him, I just donít see it.

I actually am not sure there is a FA this year thatíll really move the needle for us to an elite level. It seems like packaging Lauri and picks to get a star could be the best way to improve
    Trade Lauri and all the picks for Haliburton lol. Whatever it takes. Then just sign a guy like Oubre. Oubre and Pat are very similar how they pull down big boy boards.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-24-2021 at 11:17 PM.

That Help D with Wendell and Thad was so nice on KAT. That's how we have to contain these great bigs.

Remember at 1:15 in the 4th, Lavine drives for an easy 2 rather then going for the 3. It's coming down to the wire though.

This is where Zach needs to be the Clutch Superstar. He's struggled a bit with the game sealer in this similar situation.

You know what's really funny? The same people who are saying Lauri isn't good are the same people sure he's going to get $20 mill a year! If he doesn't have value, why would he get a $20 mill contract? A team would have to be willing to pay $20 mill for him, we're not offering that. With very few fans in the stands, doubt many teams will be wasting money.

We have new management, why think they would over pay? At the least, if we re-sign him, he's a valuable trade asset. More valuable than a late first. Half this lobby was complaining when we paid Zach too, now he's the best contract in the league, lmao!

Whatís everyoneís thoughts on the play in tourney? I actually kinda like it...although if it ****s over the bulls it could go away lol

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    You know what's really funny? The same people who are saying Lauri isn't good are the same people sure he's going to get $20 mill a year! If he doesn't have value, why would he get a $20 mill contract? A team would have to be willing to pay $20 mill for him, we're not offering that. With very few fans in the stands, doubt many teams will be wasting money.

We have new management, why think they would over pay? At the least, if we re-sign him, he's a valuable trade asset. More valuable than a late first. Half this lobby was complaining when we paid Zach too, now he's the best contract in the league, lmao!
    I think a team like OKC, with Cap Space, the need for PF, and rebuilding, would give Lauri a solid offer sheet. They'd be paying him at a time that they will have mostly rookie contracts, and no Good Veteran Free Agents likely to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Whatís everyoneís thoughts on the play in tourney? I actually kinda like it...although if it ****s over the bulls it could go away lol
    I don't hate it or love it yet. I honestly forgot all about it until a week or so ago lol. Outta mind outta sight I guess.

I don't hate it or love it yet. I honestly forgot all about it until a week or so ago lol. Outta mind outta sight I guess.
    I actually just learned about it a few days ago haha

I think a team like OKC, with Cap Space, the need for PF, and rebuilding, would give Lauri a solid offer sheet. They'd be paying him at a time that they will have mostly rookie contracts, and no Good Veteran Free Agents likely to go there.
    We'll be in pretty much the same position, cap space, young team, need for a forward. No reason for OKC to think we won't match a reasonable contract, we did with Lavine. Teams usually have to really overpay to steal a RFA.

I think we will explore a bigger upgrade to SF/PF before we make any decision on Lauri. The Bulls are going to let someone else set Lauri's market, and if we strike out in FA, we could match.

I think we will explore a bigger upgrade to SF/PF before we make any decision on Lauri. The Bulls are going to let someone else set Lauri's market, and if we strike out in FA, we could match.
    I agree with this. We just got to hope Lauri doesnít get an offer on day 1 off FA that we have to match quickly into free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I agree with this. We just got to hope Lauri doesnít get an offer on day 1 off FA that we have to match quickly into free agency.
    For sure.

2020-2021 Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

Last edited by Stunner; 02-25-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Page 79 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast