Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1190
    Yeah DABears nonsense trades let us know when you have realistic trades such as whiteside and Parker for wendell and Felicio

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Yeah DABears nonsense trades let us know when you have realistic trades such as whiteside and Parker for wendell and Felicio
    Wow personal defense... DaBears must really have your heart...

The proposed trade by your beloved DaBears doesn't make sense and is a typical 2k trade.. whiteside would be better than mcgee and more attainable.

DaBears should really send you something for coming to his defense ....

Cleveland's not winning anything anytime soon, and they're a rebuilding team, of course they would take a rookie contract wing for an expiring minimum veteran! The thought that McGee is worth so much more than ANY two NBA players that it just couldn't happen is funny. Isn't he on his second minimum contract? And definitely not a leader for young players, despite his "championship" experience. I'd rather keep Hutch as a better trading piece, McGee is a temporary band-aid, but Cleveland's looking at the lottery, with or without McGee.

At least we're a fringe playoff team, McGee has no value to them, other than to worsen their draft pick. They also have Jarret Allen as well as Drummond, McGee's value is even lower for them now.

We could potentially have Otto Porter, Valentine, Thad Young, and Lauri all gone next year. Playing time will open up for Hutch, his trade value has to be super low, better to wait till he gets some PT and boosts his value.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 02-21-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Halliburton is straight balling right now. Dudes so freaking good.

23/8/5/2/1 with 1 TO 10-16 3-6...He Good Good. Hitting multiple 3ís and floaters in the 4th, with the assists to back it, with swag on his passes too. Looking like a veteran out there. Then gets posted up by Portis in the paint and gets the jump ball.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-22-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Draymond Green won DPOY, lmao! You're going to get a player for 1/10 his salary that playsdefense at that level, and is a superior playmaker? Doubtful, and certainly not easily. He's a better shooter than Rodman by far, I watched most of the Bulls games during the Rodman era, trust me, his shot was waaaaaaaay worse, and Draymond's a better defender on smaller players in P and R. Rodman beats him in rebounding and big man defense. Playmaking is not even close. His offensive impact is far greater than Rodman's, honestly the only reason people think about Rodman at all is because he won with the Bulls and was NEVER asked to score. He literally played with the greatest scorer of all time, and still didn't touch Draymond's assists!! Yeah, Draymond's stats are boosted from playing with Steph and Klay, but tons of HOF big men played with All-Star scorers and never came close to his assists numbers.

Let's be real, no defensive player wins without scorers around them, I guess Gobert is garbage too. Just laughed my ***** off thinking what Rodman's FG% would be if he was asked to shoot 3-4 3pt'ers a game.
    I didn't mean you'd get a DPOY player for that money, just talking about screen and role and saying basically anyone who ran that with the teams Green has been on would be amazing.

Rodman, not the best comparison on my part though lol. Not sure you can really say Draymond is definitively better in any defensive area that Rodman though. He could pick up anyone on a switch, just like Dray, won DPOY.

I watched Rodman, I know his shot sucked. His EFG is still significantly higher than Dray's below average one. Looks like someone who knew his role enough not to shoot bad shots. People forget, Rodman averaged 25+ in college.

Uh, people think of Rodman for far more than that. He was well known for his time in Detroit where he won 2 titles and 2 DPOY. He's was regarded as a top 100 player of all-time when he retired, top 50 by slam. Of course he was never asked to score, his value wasn't on scoring, neither is Drays.

He played with the greatest scorer ever. You watched Jordan right? Jordan was an ISO scorer. Klay, Steph, and most of the offense relys on movement and getting them open looks. Totally different. Any intelligent player could average a high assist total in Drays role in that offense. Totally different than the triangle, which Rodman wasn't even in the picture on.

You can't really compare him to other bigs assist numbers. GS is a totally different animal on offense and distance/spot up shooting. Scoring is up, offensives are different, defenses are worse, and the pace is way faster than the 90s.

No player wins without scorers around them, not just defensive players. Gobert is great, no link there. Rodman wouldn't have ever been asked to shoot 3s, that's silly. I'm sure they aren't asking Dray to brick 3s. Dray had 1 year of decent 3 point shooting, if he would stop, they'd score more.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I didn't mean you'd get a DPOY player for that money, just talking about screen and role and saying basically anyone who ran that with the teams Green has been on would be amazing.

Rodman, not the best comparison on my part though lol. Not sure you can really say Draymond is definitively better in any defensive area that Rodman though. He could pick up anyone on a switch, just like Dray, won DPOY.

I watched Rodman, I know his shot sucked. His EFG is still significantly higher than Dray's below average one. Looks like someone who knew his role enough not to shoot bad shots. People forget, Rodman averaged 25+ in college.

Uh, people think of Rodman for far more than that. He was well known for his time in Detroit where he won 2 titles and 2 DPOY. He's was regarded as a top 100 player of all-time when he retired, top 50 by slam. Of course he was never asked to score, his value wasn't on scoring, neither is Drays.

He played with the greatest scorer ever. You watched Jordan right? Jordan was an ISO scorer. Klay, Steph, and most of the offense relys on movement and getting them open looks. Totally different. Any intelligent player could average a high assist total in Drays role in that offense. Totally different than the triangle, which Rodman wasn't even in the picture on.

You can't really compare him to other bigs assist numbers. GS is a totally different animal on offense and distance/spot up shooting. Scoring is up, offensives are different, defenses are worse, and the pace is way faster than the 90s.

No player wins without scorers around them, not just defensive players. Gobert is great, no link there. Rodman wouldn't have ever been asked to shoot 3s, that's silly. I'm sure they aren't asking Dray to brick 3s. Dray had 1 year of decent 3 point shooting, if he would stop, they'd score more.
    Of course Rodman's EFG is higher, he rarely shot from beyond 10 feet. DeAndre Jordan's EFG is usually high as hell too. Watched Rodman for years, with the Pistons and Bulls, I'm old, lmao. Like I said, Draymond is CLEARLY a better shooter than Rodman. Rodman on that Warriors team would not be nearly as effective as Draymond, they play 5 out a lot. Don't think Draymond thinks he's a great shooter or should shoot a ton of threes, but he's capable and can stretch the defense. Rodman contracts the defense. Draymond's biggest impact on offense is his passing and vision, which is far superior. This is not to knock Rodman, but to say Draymond's impact is different but equal.

The Warriors had Klay and Steph, and weren't nearly as good until Draymond started playing significant minutes. Draymond is the reason the Warriors became a different beast. Lost Draymond in the Finals and lost the Finals.

Jordan being a great iso scorer didn't stop Scottie Pippen from getting plenty of assists. Most of the team outside Jordan were good to great outside shooters, no problem getting assist numbers if you have play making skills, Jordan averaged 6 assists most seasons.

Calling Draymond a poor man's Rodman with all he adds to the team is an over reach, at least imo. In the 80's the average 3 pt% for a PF was 22%. Draymond would have been considered a good big man shooter.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 02-22-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Eh, I donít know. Rodman had a decent shot. It was just a different era. He was just so focused on his role, he wasnít looking to score. If he played today, he would have been able to adapt and knock down 3s. Dray is career 31% from 3 and has shot under 30% each of the last 3 seasons. I have no reason to doubt Rodman could have similar career numbers to dray if he played today.

Once again, go back and watch the games, my dude. i watched Rodman clang shots with the Bulls regularly, he rarely took jump shots period. Saying he would be able to shoot threes, why? How? That's like saying anybody could be a great shooter just because. Seriously, y'all don't remember those Bulls games? Sometimes he would miss so bad, even he had to laugh, lmao! Love Rodman for what he brought, but it was mostly hustle, energy and defense, same as Draymond, but without the passing.

Rodman only shot above 30% from 3 once in his career, and that was on 1.2 attempts a game, most seasons it was 20% or below. Rodman is career 23% from 3, and they left him open! Did he just like to miss? He's only averaged 3 assists once in his career. Draymond has averaged around 7 for the last 6 years. He cannot do what Draymond does, just like Draymond can't rebound like him. Different, but equal.

2020-2021 Trades/FA/Acquisitions Discussion

I never said Rodman could do everything dray could. I grew up watching the bulls. I probably literally watched every single game from 1991 to 1998.

It was a different era. Rodman was a decent mid range shooter. Just hardly took em. He focused his energy on defense and rebounding. Today the nba emphasizes the 3 ball. Iím sure Rodman could have extended and improved his range. Although he probably would not take many.

Dray is definitely the better ball handler and passer without question. Iíd take Rodman defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Even worse are the ppl commenting on this comment who are saying they donít need Lavine 🤣! Funny cuz we are 2-0 Vs the Mavs

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I really hate the idea of trading Lauri for Lonzo but the way Thad is playing it might make some sense. Still think Lauri is better than people give him credit for. Averaging 19 points on his highest 3pt % and I think it just gets better the longer he plays for Donovan.

But Coby needs to be coming off the bench. Lonzo just makes a ton of sense for this roster. Idk if the way lonzo has been playing we can get a deal done without him in it.

Maybe we can deal Thad and Otto for some assets. The truth is outside of maybe gafford everyone on the roster has looked better. But I do think today coby is holding the team back based on his PG play. He could get better in time but he could also develop while coming off the bench in a more score first role

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Just a quick little idea

Trade 1-

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybc3lf4z

Bulls send a 2021 First and the Pelicans send a 2nd round pick to the Sacramento Kings. Maybe it won't be enough but But then again who knows. Pelicans need a SG and Heild provides them some shooting. The truth is though that team like us is too tallented to be as bad as they are. They really need a HC. Heild also seems to be the odd man out in Sacramento. Not Halliburton no matter how much some of you moan over it.

Trade 2-

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yamw59x6

This one I could see some pushback. Because In theory 100% of the time I say Porter is more valuable than Drummond..... When healthy. I just dont know if that ever happens. And its not like i see drummond as an ideal fit. But what you cant deny is after that 76er game we got nobody close who can handle embid. Plus I think Drumond could be used Similar to how the thunder used Adams

Roster

Lonzo-Coby
    Lavine-Temple-Valintine
    Williams-Sato-Hutch
    Lauri-Thad
    Wendell-Drumond

The best thing to me is with Sato (4.6) and Thad (4.3) coby does not have to be the play maker as much off the bench and can let the game come to him.

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast