Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,726 to 1,729 of 1729
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Alright so, when I suggested this a couple years ago, it was met with furious responses from most of you and given our situation at that time, it was justified. But now, in our current situation, with 2 all-stars in place and our desperate need for a PG, what would be your response this time around?

Russell Westbrook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Back then, to me, it made sense. Now, not so much. IMO, AKME should now be focused on a pg and as many 2 way players as they can get.

They already fixed our biggest need. Now on to the pg position and then players to hide Zach and Vuc shortcomings on defense.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love Russ. He's a tough player, which we could use more of, and he's a baller. Period. Ballers win games. Seems like he doesn't play great with other stars at times, but Harden and KD are pretty egotistical, give me the ball guys too. Not a great defender, but average at least, and is an elite driver and rebounder, and a good passer. Keep Pat Will at SF, add a defensive PF and this team would be TOUGH to beat.

As a long time Bulls fan, think he's a Chicago type of player, aggressive and fearless. We haven't seen a lot of those lately.

Hard pass on West and how would that even get done now? He's making 44+ million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love Russ. He's a tough player, which we could use more of, and he's a baller. Period. Ballers win games. Seems like he doesn't play great with other stars at times, but Harden and KD are pretty egotistical, give me the ball guys too. Not a great defender, but average at least, and is an elite driver and rebounder, and a good passer. Keep Pat Will at SF, add a defensive PF and this team would be TOUGH to beat.

As a long time Bulls fan, think he's a Chicago type of player, aggressive and fearless. We haven't seen a lot of those lately.
    As Rndy said, 44+ a year. There's no chance he would be here next year.

It amazes me that anyone who watches basketball would call Russ a winner. The only thing he wins is the stat line. He shows no ability to adapt his game to the team he's on. Every team he's on gets worse as his role increases because he's never learned how to win. Congrats on the triple doubles.

Saying he doesn't play well with stars is crazy. Stars win titles and he's had opportunities in 2 franchises as the 2nd piece. They both underachieved greatly. 33 year old Westbrook doesn't play well with stars, lets fit his 44 million in and hope.

I'd totally take him at a discount when his contract is over. My prediction for him is the greatest 6th man in history when his contract expires. He's really an abject failure as a 1st/2nd man on a team.