Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1804
    What trade would you guys even make to get Russ on this team? Contractually it would be pretty difficult wouldn't it?

It'd be a 1 to 2 year rental, since I doubt Russ is opting out of 47 million dollars in 2022-23.

I'd assume we would have to do a sign and trade including Lauri, which I wouldn't care about being that he's not a part of the future. Lets just assume Lauri gets 18-20 million. We'd need to throw in Aminu's 9.7 expiring. Then who, Sato's 10 million?

Would the Wizards dump Westbrooks contract for an overpaid Lauri Markannen and 2 expiring deals? I dunno. Would they want Coby as a sweetener? I'm not throwing draft picks for a 2 year rental.

Westbrook isn't actually the worst fit being that we have 2 efficient shooters in Vuc and Lavine. But they both need the ball in there hands, and so does Russ. How far can we go with Russ/Lavine/Pat/Thad/Vuc? We wouldn't have much left to improve our bench, and we wouldn't have draft capital to help it much either. I guess you can get some veterans on minimum deals if they believe they can win on that team.

I'm mostly against trading for Westbrook, but being that I don't want us to waste money on this Free Agent class unless Kawhi was an option, and It'll be hard to land something substantial with Lavine getting a new deal and Vuc under contract for 2 more years, having Westbrook and Vuc expiring together in 2022-23 would open up infinite resources to land something big in Free Agency, and we might actually be entertaining enough to entice stars.

2 notable potential 2023 free agents are Beal with a Billy D connection, and Jokic with the Arty connection. That's if Beal doesn't opt out in 2022 and sign somewhere long term.

Jokic would be 28 and Beal would be 30. There would also be a 30 year old Brogdon, 29 year old Van Vleet, 29 year old Jerami Grant available in 2023.

While I'd have very little interest in getting Westbrook lets say for a second Bulls want him. I don't think people on this forum grasp cap. You guys do realize even if the Bulls wanted Lonzo ball at say 20 a season they have to get rid of Thad and Sato contracts? So what exactly are they going to have to do to add 40 million in cap. And then say goodbye to Lavine because they could no longer extend him either.

Maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand cap I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    The hate for Westbrook is embarrassing.

Lebron needed Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love, and Davis to win his championships.

Durant needed Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Klay, Kyrie and Harden to get to the finals and/or win.

Harden failed with Chris Paul on his team. Guess both of them suck too.

George and Kawhi failed last year, which makes PG a loser too?

The thinking of ďwe canít get this player because of this reasonĒ is so absurd. Iím sure there were Net fans who hated the idea of Kyrie because of ďreasonsĒÖyet that led to Durant and eventually Harden.

Just get good players.
    The inability to address any of my arguments before going in to more unsubstantiated claims is embarrassing.

Lebron needed blah to win. Yup. Lebron is better than Westbrook.

Durant needed all these guys blah blah, but Westbrook wasn't good enough to be one of them to get anywhere. Thanks for adding to my argument. That was prime Westbrook with Durant too.

Harden failed with Paul, yup, and was worse with a younger prime Westbrook. Thanks for adding to my argument.

George and Kawhi failed last year. I'm not a big George guy. George sucked last year in the playoffs. He doesn't suck, but he's not winning anything sucking as a 2nd man.

The thinking "we can't get this player because this reason" is so legit. What front office would get a 33 year old Russell Westbrook at 40+ million and think they're getting other stars? Harden didn't want to play with him.

Kyrie was 28 and had already won a title, and is better than Westbrook. No one is following a 33 year old Westbrook, especially when a top 3 player like Harden didn't want to play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    The inability to address any of my arguments before going in to more unsubstantiated claims is embarrassing.

Lebron needed blah to win. Yup. Lebron is better than Westbrook.

Durant needed all these guys blah blah, but Westbrook wasn't good enough to be one of them to get anywhere. Thanks for adding to my argument. That was prime Westbrook with Durant too.

Harden failed with Paul, yup, and was worse with a younger prime Westbrook. Thanks for adding to my argument.

George and Kawhi failed last year. I'm not a big George guy. George sucked last year in the playoffs. He doesn't suck, but he's not winning anything sucking as a 2nd man.

The thinking "we can't get this player because this reason" is so legit. What front office would get a 33 year old Russell Westbrook at 40+ million and think they're getting other stars? Harden didn't want to play with him.

Kyrie was 28 and had already won a title, and is better than Westbrook. No one is following a 33 year old Westbrook, especially when a top 3 player like Harden didn't want to play with him.
    What ďargumentsĒ do you have that need to be addressed besides suggesting that Westbrook isnít a winner? Or implying he isnít good and only padding stats. As if its easy to pad tripple-doubles for 4 years. How can one have a discussion when you are equating Oladipo and Adams as some monster duo.

You are blaming the failure of the Thunder on one player and that is so silly. So Harden and Durant who are by all accounts elite, couldnít win because of Westbrook. He was so bad that their elitism was dragged down? Has nothing to do with their inadequacies but falls all on Westbrook?

Did Harden say he didnít want to play with Westbrook? I thought Harden had issue with Chris Paul, but encouraged management to trade for Westbrook (could be wrong so maybe you are right there, who knows).

If we were an incredible team like the Warriors (prior to the injuries), then it would make sense to say we donít need Westbrook. But if you havenít noticed, we are a PATHETIC team. Not good, not bad, but PATHETIC. Aquire talent and worry about the rest later.

Itís this awful thinking by the fans of this team that has resonated for years. They jump through hoops to convince themselves why they shouldnít get an elite talent because of ďreasonsĒ.

The money is too much, they are too old, they donít play defense, they pad stats, they arenít winners. Itís all so stupid. Meanwhile, we have people creaming their pants over a rookie who was scoring a whopping 7 points a game at times.

The mental gymnastics of this fanbase is absurd. What draft capital are you hoarding? Are you worried we might not be able to draft the likes of Coby White, Windell Carter, Bobby Portis, and Lauri if we trade picks for Westbrook?

Iím not advocating for a trade, because I donít know how the financials would work. If you can do it while keeping Lavine and Vooch I say do it. Whatís going to happen? We get him and miss the playoff? Oh Iím so scared.

P.S. Sometimes, in text words can seem aggressive. Hopefully Iím not coming off that way. None of this is personal against you or any one else here.
    Last edited by dyst; 06-07-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Since Kemba Walker is making the rounds in trade convos now, what are your thoughts on him? He has a big contract and has dealt with injuries the last two years but throughout his career he's been pretty healthy overall.

I tried the trade machine to see what deals would work for him and it doesn't seem to work in any reasonable configuration. I thought it could be something like Walker for Thad, Sato and White but that still didn't work for cap reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Since Kemba Walker is making the rounds in trade convos now, what are your thoughts on him? He has a big contract and has dealt with injuries the last two years but throughout his career he's been pretty healthy overall.

I tried the trade machine to see what deals would work for him and it doesn't seem to work in any reasonable configuration. I thought it could be something like Walker for Thad, Sato and White but that still didn't work for cap reasons.
    Helllll no to that. Heís not the type of PG we need for starters.

I wouldn't want kemba

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I just don't think this is one you take the slim risk on being right compared to the disaster it would be to be wrong with Kemba.

Yeah it just doesn't make sense. Kemba is a combo guard. Undersized SG, not a true PG. That's not a good fit with Lavine.

Brogdon is a good fit who maybe you can trade for.
    Ball is good fit who we can hopefully sign and trade.
    Paul is a good fit but he isn't opting out, and I don't think he'd choose our situation.
    Conley is too injury prone so hard pass.
    Lowry fits but at his age he goes more established roster, and that's probably best for both parties.
    Schroder isn't the worst or best option, but it could work because of his D and driving ability.
    I wouldn't mind Rose, but he isn't the answer.

If the Celtics attached 2 first rounders id think that would be tempting to take on Kemba

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    If the Celtics attached 2 first rounders id think that would be tempting to take on Kemba
    Sure but honestly Boston shouldn't have to add a pick. Teams like the Pels, clippers, Heat, 76ers, and maybe the Lakers should all be willing to trade up bad contracts to give Kemba a chance.

Pels- BLedsoe and Adams for Kemba plus
    Clips- Kennard, Rondo, Ibaka for Kemba plus
    Heat- Dragic for Kemba
    76ers- Tobias and hill for Kemba and Smart
    Lakers- Kuz and Pope for Kemba

I just don't see a need for Boston to add even a 1st when Kemba could fit in with any of these teams and these teams have bad contracts or cap space to give back.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    kembas contract is soo awful. U do that move I think you have to kiss Lavine goodbuy because without getting a top pick back IDK how you expect to get better.

Bulls in: Marcus Smart and #45
    Celtics in: Thad, Sato, and #38

Saves bulls 10 mil

Bulls in: Danuel House jr. and Avery Bradley
    Rockets in: Aminu and Troy Brown Jr.

Renounce the rights to Lauri

Sign Lonzo to 4yr 88mil, sign Jamychal Green 2yr 18mil, Re-sign Theis 3 yr 27mil.

Pg: Lonzo, White
    Sg: Lavine, Bradley
    Sf: Smart, House, #45
    Pf: Williams, Green, Simonovic
    C: Vuc, Theis

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post

Saves bulls 10 mil

Sign Lonzo to 4yr 88mil, sign Jamychal Green 2yr 18mil, Re-sign Theis 3 yr 27mil.

I'd be pretty happy with that huge upgrade in perimeter defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post

Saves bulls 10 mil

Forgive me if this is a dumb question as I didn't know he did, but Smart plays the 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk