Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battle of the Bay: Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants - August 14-16

OAKLAND ATHLETICS (13-6) @ SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (8-12)

ORACLE PARK

Game 1: Friday, August 14th @ 6:45 PM

VS.
    Frankie Montas..........Johnny Cueto

Scouting Report:
    Athletics: Montas earned his first career American League Player of the Week Award coming off a week in which he went 2-0, allowing one run while striking out 14 batters over 14 innings.

Giants: Cueto carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning in his last start at Dodger Stadium, but his bid ended on a dropped fly ball by Hunter Pence. He is 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA in two starts against the A's.

Game 2: Saturday, August 15th @ 4:07 PM

VS.
    Jesus Luzardo..........Kevin Gausman

Scouting Report:
    Athletics: Luzardo earned his first big league win his last time out, limiting the Astros to two runs over 5 2/3 innings on Sunday, despite not feeling the best command of his pitches.

Giants: Gausman delivered the Giants' first quality start of the season on Sunday after firing 6 1/3 innings of one-run ball at Dodger Stadium. He is 1-2 with a 2.77 ERA in four starts against the A's.

Game 3: Sunday, August 16th @ 1:05 PM

VS.
    Sean Manaea..........Logan Webb

Scouting Report:
    Athletics: Manaea is looking to get back on track after his shortest start of the season, lasting just 2 2/3 innings in the A's loss to the Angels on Monday.

Giants: Webb gave up five runs (two earned) over 3 1/3 innings against the Astros on Monday. He allowed four runs over 4 2/3 innings in his only start against the A's in 2019.

statistics/images courtesy of mlb.com

Well that was the most pathetic 9th inning meltdown by the orange and black that I can recall ever witnessing.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Iím so, SO glad, I missed that horrific choke job. 7-2 lead in the 9th? Flores a step away from first base to make it 2 outs man on 2nd? Kapler sticking with his crappy instincts and leaving Gott in there when he was obviously not right? Just reading about it made my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyeson49 View Post
    Iím so, SO glad, I missed that horrific choke job. 7-2 lead in the 9th? Flores a step away from first base to make it 2 outs man on 2nd? Kapler sticking with his crappy instincts and leaving Gott in there when he was obviously not right? Just reading about it made my blood boil.
    Everyone's pointing the finger at Flores despite Crawford being just as responsible (if not more) for not getting an out there.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

This team sucks ****ing dick.

Time to try Anderson or Watson at closer.

I can only hope that Kapler & Zaidi are purposely setting the team up for losses at this point.

Not even surprised Spliff. Bad teams find ways to lose even when given a typically comfortable lead. Giants will need to get younger at certain positions, get way better defensively, and upgrade their pitching in the next couple years. Bright spot is, it looks like they will have some bats at least. Hard to be patient because of how spoiled we were, but I guess we have no choice.

Yeah, they're gonna be a difficult watch until at least 2022.

This is just cruel.

May be 2022 before we see any semblance of a real baseball season. Majority of these players here now, won't be here then. I assume (hope) management sees this for what it is and plans accordingly as far as looking to the future.

This is not MLB baseball, they should have cancelled the season. I can't get into anything about baseball this year, it's a write-off to me. Feel bad for guys like Yaz, but likely he won't be here either for when things may matter again. Likely I won't be here either by that time...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    This is just cruel.
    I second this. Itís already bad enough having a shortened, awkward, and risky season due to everything going on with the pandemic, but then to be tortured like this with mistake laden baseball is just pure misery.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    May be 2022 before we see any semblance of a real baseball season. Majority of these players here now, won't be here then. I assume (hope) management sees this for what it is and plans accordingly as far as looking to the future.

This is not MLB baseball, they should have cancelled the season. I can't get into anything about baseball this year, it's a write-off to me. Feel bad for guys like Yaz, but likely he won't be here either for when things may matter again. Likely I won't be here either by that time...
    Donít say that my friend, we hope to have you healthy and rooting for the Giants under better circumstances as soon as next season. Of course no one can promise how good theyíll be, but society will get back to normal sooner than later. Itís been hard to follow them this year for me too. So abnormal the setup and the minimal amount of games this year. Itís been tough to get siked up.

However, next year there will be a normal regular season, there will be real fans in the stands, and I will be one or them. Iím positive of it. Also, if youíre capable, you will attend our shining Oracle Park too . If not, I hope you stay strong and root for them fervently from wherever you are for many years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    This is just cruel.
    I think some of these "vets" were originally planned on with the intention of moving them at the deadline.
    This is butt baseball ugly to watch / listen to
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyeson49 View Post
    I second this. Itís already bad enough having a shortened, awkward, and risky season due to everything going on with the pandemic, but then to be tortured like this with mistake laden baseball is just pure misery.

Donít say that my friend, we hope to have you healthy and rooting for the Giants under better circumstances as soon as next season. Of course no one can promise how good theyíll be, but society will get back to normal sooner than later. Itís been hard to follow them this year for me too. So abnormal the setup and the minimal amount of games this year. Itís been tough to get siked up.

However, next year there will be a normal regular season, there will be real fans in the stands, and I will be one or them. Iím positive of it. Also, if youíre capable, you will attend our shining Oracle Park too . If not, I hope you stay strong and root for them fervently from wherever you are for many years to come
    Been a pretty depressing year all around this year, everywhere in the world. Baseball is an afterthought for me, much as I love my Giants. Maybe next year we get back to normal baseball, but all this man on 2nd in xtra's, and 7 inning games crap is not baseball to me. Mark this season with an asterisk on top of an asterisk.

Giants had 4 WS wins in my lifetime (okay, I was less than 2 y/o in 1954), pretty satisfying overall. Along with some exciting teams and some great players along the way. The '89 earthquake series was a big wake-up call as to how insignificant sports really are in life. You learn to take **** in stride.

Anyhow, I'm still hoping for better things, and hoping to be around to see them. We can only hope this new regime brings us back to respectability, and we can compete with our rivals in LA, who are the class organization of the league, if not all of baseball, as I see it. No hate there from me, they're doing it and doing it right. No reason we can't do the same.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Been a pretty depressing year all around this year, everywhere in the world. Baseball is an afterthought for me, much as I love my Giants. Maybe next year we get back to normal baseball, but all this man on 2nd in xtra's, and 7 inning games crap is not baseball to me. Mark this season with an asterisk on top of an asterisk.

Giants had 4 WS wins in my lifetime (okay, I was less than 2 y/o in 1954), pretty satisfying overall. Along with some exciting teams and some great players along the way. The '89 earthquake series was a big wake-up call as to how insignificant sports really are in life. You learn to take **** in stride.

Anyhow, I'm still hoping for better things, and hoping to be around to see them. We can only hope this new regime brings us back to respectability, and we can compete with our rivals in LA, who are the class organization of the league, if not all of baseball, as I see it. No hate there from me, they're doing it and doing it right. No reason we can't do the same.
    Agreed #24. Our priorities are all different nowadays. Glad sports can serve as a little bit of a distraction sometimes, but there is so much going on. Itís hard to focus, but I take it in when I can and it brings a little happiness. At minimum itís a break from the everyday stresses weíre all facing. We just have to try and be grateful for what we do have and hope we get back to some type of normalcy eventually. I have a newborn, a good wife and family, plus a comfortable life. Couldnít ask for anything more, especially seeing all the suffering happening around us. There will be brighter days in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast