At Yankee Stadium
    Red Soxs
    TBD

VS

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    3-0, 3.22 ERA, 26 SO
    Cole recorded double-digit strikeouts for the first time as a Yankee in his last start, whiffing 10 Rays over 4 2/3 innings in a no-decision at Tropicana Field. Cole said he saw "good improvement" in the effort, which marked his 26th consecutive start without a loss, a streak which dates to last season and is the fifth-longest in big league history.

Sat, Aug 15 • 7:07 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    Red Soxs
    Nathan Eovaldi
    RHP
    1-1, 4.09 ERA, 24 SO
    The flame-throwing righty was strong in his last start, equaling a career high of 10 strikeouts while walking none over six innings against the Blue Jays. Eovaldi has pitched well at Yankee Stadium in his career, going 10-5 with a 3.54 ERA.

VS

Yankees
    James Paxton
    LHP
    0-1, 7.84 ERA, 16 SO
    Paxton is coming off an encouraging 11-strikeout outing against the Rays in which his fastball touched 93.9 mph. Crediting mechanical tweaks to create separation with his hips, he permitted one hit through six scoreless innings before serving up a pair of homers in the seventh, settling for a no-decision.

Sun, Aug 16 • 7:08 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    Red Soxs
    TBD

VS

Yankees
    J.A. Happ
    LHP
    0-1, 10.29 ERA, 3 SO
    Happ is returning to the rotation after being skipped. It has been a struggle thus far for the veteran, who has allowed eight runs in seven innings to the Orioles and Phillies. He walked six batters in his last outing and said that he needs to be more aggressive in the strike zone against Boston.

Mon, Aug 17 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: YES, NESN, MLBN (out-of-market only)
    Red Soxs
    TBD

VS

Yankees
    TBD

Soxs

Anything new on judge’s injury ?

Last i heard it was still lower body tightness

I will be surprised if he doesn’t go on the IL . And people wondered why I questioned giving him a long extension

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Stanton, Judge, Sanchez should all watch the pregame interview of Thurman Munson in Game 3 of the 1978 ALCS vs the Royals.....Check it out on UTube.

He talks about how he plays day in and day out through nagging injuries.

Thurman would be shaking his head if he saw how these 3 bums take days off for nagging minor injuries.

Plus this is a very good game and it can show some of the younger Yankee fans of today on how good that 1978 Yankee team was.....George Brett hit 3 home runs, Reggie hit ANOTHER OCT homerun and Thurman won the game with a late 2 run shot in the 8th.

Keith Jackson, Howard Cosell and Jim Palmer call the game. What a treat. Also a little foreshadowing by Howard Cosell as he suggested that MLB should Look into instant replay after Mickey Rivers clearly caught a ball and was called a trap.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I will be surprised if he doesn’t go on the IL . And people wondered why I questioned giving him a long extension
    Unfortunately we are stuck with him. Hal won’t let him go.....he is this generation’s Derek Jeter but Derek won and played full seasons....
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

[QUOTE=rrzubnyy;33553922]Unfortunately we are stuck with him. Hal won’t let him go.....he is this generation’s Derek Jeter but Derek won and played full seasons....[/QUOTE

I wouldn’t have a problem keeping judge as long as they got rid of Sanchez and maybe hicks

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Riffing of Mush's post regarding injuries and playing thorough things, I just thought of an interesting concept.

There is a theory that men's testosterone, across the board has dropped over the last few decades

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhow.../#6c6088798b7f

: In a 2016 study, the average 20- to 34-year-old man could apply 98 pounds of force with a right-handed grip, down from 117 pounds by a man of the same age in 1985. Though grip strength isn’t necessarily a proxy for overall fitness, it’s a strong predictor of future mortality.

If this is true, I wonder if HGH has declined as well and the pain threshold/ healing properties of these hormones has diminished, leaving players less resilient and tolerant to pain.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    **** Sanchez. Stare down a mediocre pitcher after hitting a meaningless HR?
    Gary, I am 6 foot 185. You have me be 4 inches and 70 pounds. I will fight you 10 times a week and win all 10 times. You are a ***** of the highest level

You are soft and you are a weak willed ****.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    **** Sanchez. Stare down a mediocre pitcher after hitting a meaningless HR?
    Gary, I am 6 foot 185. You have me be 4 inches and 70 pounds. I will fight you 10 times a week and win all 10 times. You are a ***** of the highest level

You are soft and you are a weak willed ****.
    It was this same attitude from Sanchez that got him chewed out by Girardi . Gary is a punk

This is what drives me crazy , your team is up by 7 runs and you walk the first Two batters you face. No reason to be nibbling like a scardy cat .
    Last edited by Posada20; 08-14-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Anyone know what the teams record is when mush posts during the game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Anyone know what the teams record is when mush posts during the game this year?
    I would say their record is above .500

Can someone tell me why anyone in their right mind would bring back Paxton after this season ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast