Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ batting .400

DJ batting .400

Dj is currently batting .431, I realize it's a short season, can he finish the year at .400 or better. Does it count in the record books considering the truncated season? Asterisk? What say the PSD faithful.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

As incredible as it would be for DJ to hit .400 and i think he's very capable of doing it. That said their have been a small handful of players that have hit .400 or better over a 60 game stretch before. IMO if he does hit .400 it should be put in the books with an *.

My biggest question is why in the world haven't the Yanks extended this guy yet, if he keeps playing like this the price is only going to go up and up. I thought before the season started we could have gotten him on a 3-4yr deal in the range of 12-15M a yr. Now i'd be shocked if he signed for less than 20m a yr and the Yanks are going to have to pay it.

Its becoming more and more obvious with Judge and Stanton being so injury prone and Torres struggling so bad, DJ is the engine that make this team go.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    As incredible as it would be for DJ to hit .400 and i think he's very capable of doing it. That said their have been a small handful of players that have hit .400 or better over a 60 game stretch before. IMO if he does hit .400 it should be put in the books with an *.

My biggest question is why in the world haven't the Yanks extended this guy yet, if he keeps playing like this the price is only going to go up and up. I thought before the season started we could have gotten him on a 3-4yr deal in the range of 12-15M a yr. Now i'd be shocked if he signed for less than 20m a yr and the Yanks are going to have to pay it.

Its becoming more and more obvious with Judge and Stanton being so injury prone and Torres struggling so bad, DJ is the engine that make this team go.
    Absolutely. Maybe they are waiting for the off season? No question the sooner they get him signed the better. The most consistent bat in the line up.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Absolutely. Maybe they are waiting for the off season? No question the sooner they get him signed the better. The most consistent bat in the line up.
    The one thing that makes me feel a little better about the situation is its obvious DJ wants to be here and only here. I don't think there is a chance that he's playing somewhere else next yr.

Hey Doc, do u still think Torres long term position is SS? He's currently ranked as the worst defensive SS i baseball and IMO because he's pressing so hard defensively its effecting his offense. Part 2 of the question, If Torres can't handle 2nd base long term, what position do the up DJ at?

I think it counts but there will, and should be, an asterisk by it for sure. The team needs to sign him to a 3 yr extension right now.

3yrs 54m who says no

Hey Doc, do u still think Torres long term position is SS? He's currently ranked as the worst defensive SS i baseball and IMO because he's pressing so hard defensively its effecting his offense. Part 2 of the question, If Torres can't handle 2nd base long term, what position do the up DJ at?
    I'm hoping. He made some very nice plays last night. I say give him this season and reevaluate. I like DJ at 2B. He's a gold glove at the position. I hate playing guys out of position, but he is so talented you can get away with it. I agree Torres is letting his glove effect his bat, I said as much a week or two back. I am hoping he settles in. The wild card is Lindor. How serious are the Yanks? That changes the entire IF situ. DJ, Torres even Voit if they play Torres at 2B and move DJ to 1B. I think how well Torres does down the stretch will determine how seriously they pursue Lindor. Very difficult decision.

3yrs 54m who says no
    According to Sportrac, LeMahieu’s updated market value suggests that he is worth an estimated $13.9 million AAV — and would garner a four-year, $55.9M deal. Right now he's a bargain. He's just turned turned 32, so I don't expect more than a 3-4 yr deal.

According to Sportrac, LeMahieu’s updated market value suggests that he is worth an estimated $13.9 million AAV — and would garner a four-year, $55.9M deal. Right now he's a bargain. He's just turned turned 32, so I don't expect more than a 3-4 yr deal.
    If i were the Yanks i'd feel like i was stealing if we could get him for anything close to 14AAV. Everyday he keeps doing what he is doing that estimated value is just going to keep going up. I can't even imagine where would have been last yr especially and even this yr if he wasn't on this team.

I think cashman would be a fool to let dj walk . I can’t understand why they haven’t extended him yet . I fear cashman wants to let him go to make a play at lindor...

If i were the Yanks i'd feel like i was stealing if we could get him for anything close to 14AAV. Everyday he keeps doing what he is doing that estimated value is just going to keep going up. I can't even imagine where would have been last yr especially and even this yr if he wasn't on this team.
    Right now I would be prepared to give dj whstever he wants . They can’t let him go

LeMahieu is currently slashing .431/.479/.569 with two home runs (195 wRC+). If that pace continues, 14-15M AAV will seem cheap. His current deal IS A BARGAIN at 2/$24. I am guessing he' headed for a 4/ 70M payday? Age is a factor. His versatility is a plus and his bat is second to none. I think it will come down to term not dollars. Yanks likely to offer more money and shorter term.

LeMahieu is currently slashing .431/.479/.569 with two home runs (195 wRC+). If that pace continues, 14-15M AAV will seem cheap. His current deal IS A BARGAIN at 2/$24. I am guessing he' headed for a 4/ 70M payday? Age is a factor. His versatility is a plus and his bat is second to none. I think it will come down to term not dollars. Yanks likely to offer more money and shorter term.
    I'd offer him 4yr64m right now with a partial NT clause with a 5th vesting option based on his yr 4 performance and hope like hell he took the deal. I think if they wait till after the season its going to be 4yr80m, if he continues like he has since day 1.
    Last edited by dayners81; 08-13-2020 at 10:23 PM.

I'd offer him 4yr64m right now with a partial NT clause with a 5th vesting option based on his yr 4 performance and both like hell he took the deal. I think if they wait till after the season its going to be 4yr80m, if he continues like he has since day 1.
    I guess we agree he's in line for a raise! I think they should have already been in talks. 4/64 is a good deal. I'm not sure Yanks want to go beyond 4 and would prolly prefer 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast