Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

8/13-8/16: Brewers (7-9) at Cubs (12-3) IGT - NL Central Showdown

I loved Grace as a player. I actually think heís pretty underrated as a player. Heís short of the ďHall of FameĒ bar the Cubs seem to use for retired numbers, but a 45 career fWAR is massive. .303 career average and nearly twice as many walks as strikeouts. He had a .383 career obp and a 120 wRC+ over more than 9k PAs. He was an excellent player.

Grace as a broadcaster is terrible. Heís not interesting or funny and talks way too much. Marquee is trying to fix something that isnít broken with all these guest commentators.

I didnít watch yesterday, so Iím not really sure the context of the ďdingbatĒ story, but Grace has a history of being more of a dingbat than most people. If they want to let him do studio shows or whatever thatís fine. Same with Dempster. I just donít need them this often during the games.
    Last edited by CP_414; 08-16-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I loved Grace as a player. I actually think heís pretty underrated as a player. Heís short of the ďHall of FameĒ bar the Cubs seem to use for retired numbers, but a 45 career fWAR is massive. .303 career average and nearly twice as many walks as strikeouts. He had a .383 career obp and a 120 wRC+ over more than 9k PAs. He was an excellent player.

Grace as a broadcaster is terrible. Heís not interesting or funny and talks way too much. Marquee is trying to fix something that isnít broken with all these guest commentators.

I didnít watch yesterday, so Iím not really sure the context of the ďdingbatĒ story, but Grace has a history of being more of a dingbat than most people. If they want to let him do studio shows or whatever thatís fine. Same with Dempster. I just donít need them this often during the games.
    I like the guest analysts idea. They only come in for a few innings, you get fresh takes and convo rather than listening to the same 2 guys every single game. I like hearing from Grace, Dempster not so much. It would be nice if they just rotated different ex-Cubs players or ex-players in general. I find it interesting just hearing old Cubs stories from these guys too.

It would be fun to have ie: Wood, Ryno, Derrek Lee etc etc drop in and give takes and tell stories. It would also be nice to have recent ex-players from any team come in to do analysis because those guys understand today's game a lot better than guys like Grace or Deshaies. I remember when Joe Girardi just retired, he went and worked as the 3rd man in FOX or ESPN broadcasts, and it was awesome because as a recent MLB catcher he knew how all the hitters hit & their strengths/weaknesses, how pitchers would pitch them, and as a hitter knew the pitchers and what pitches they'd throw on what counts, and those kinds of insights.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Not a bad idea, let him reset & relax & have fun with the cheerleaders on the bench, he had a horrible game yesterday.

Heyward scratched with sore back. New lineup:
    Bryant DH
    Rizzo 1b
    Contreras C
    Schwarber LF
    Souza RF
    Happ CF
    Bote 3b
    Kipnis 2b
    Hoerner SS

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I like the guest analysts idea. They only come in for a few innings, you get fresh takes and convo rather than listening to the same 2 guys every single game. I like hearing from Grace, Dempster not so much. It would be nice if they just rotated different ex-Cubs players or ex-players in general. I find it interesting just hearing old Cubs stories from these guys too.

It would be fun to have ie: Wood, Ryno, Derrek Lee etc etc drop in and give takes and tell stories. It would also be nice to have recent ex-players from any team come in to do analysis because those guys understand today's game a lot better than guys like Grace or Deshaies. I remember when Joe Girardi just retired, he went and worked as the 3rd man in FOX or ESPN broadcasts, and it was awesome because as a recent MLB catcher he knew how all the hitters hit & their strengths/weaknesses, how pitchers would pitch them, and as a hitter knew the pitchers and what pitches they'd throw on what counts, and those kinds of insights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

Itís ESPNing up the local broadcast. Talk about the game that is happening in front of you.

If you want to do studio shows to reminisce about the 90s Cubs, cool. Itís not like these guys are all that recent of players or have any great insight here anyway. Grace is a couple decades removed from playing. Girardi was much better at broadcasting than guys like Grace, Dempster, and Lou.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Injury bug hitting the cubs now, this one hurts because of the DHers this week

8/13-8/16: Brewers (7-9) at Cubs (12-3) IGT - NL Central Showdown

Cubs also DFAíd P Jharel Cotton to make room for P Jason Adam

2016 World Series Champions!!!

So I guess Alzolay will get a start next week. Maybe Tyson Miller? Somebody would have to be DFAíd for Marquez if he ever gets called up I believe. I just want to say, there better be a good reason from the FO if Marquez and Carraway donít get a look before the deadline. Iím really salty about this for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta take advantage of these walks here

There we go Schwarb

Schwarbs.

Cubs team K rate % highest in MLB.

31.3% - 187 K's in 97 AB's.
    Also highest at 10.39 per game.

Ouch!

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

Hell yah Souza. Early 3-0 lead.

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast