Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 690
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,998
    Darvish is filthy.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    Eh.... doubleheaders usually benefit the worst team, since they are usually split.
    That doesn't actually make sense. They're usually split because in any two games played between any two teams the most likely outcome is a split unless both teams are on opposite sides of the 100L and 100W spectrum.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,936
    Hoerner fields at 2B the most like a player in a video game that I've ever seen. This is neither a good thing, nor a bad thing. It's just an observation of the way that he... I dunno, moves.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,936
    Newsflash: Pitchers want opposite results when compared with hitters!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Naperville
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    That doesn't actually make sense. They're usually split because in any two games played between any two teams the most likely outcome is a split unless both teams are on opposite sides of the 100L and 100W spectrum.
    Well, actually not that is completely not true. Teams have much better chance of winning 2 games in 2 days vs doubleheader. The starting players will be a lot more tired which will affect the play in back to back games. Also, the bullpen usage also affects who they will be allowed to use.

    Assuming you are right (which is not the case) you believe that a 100 win team (61.7% winning percentage) should sweep the 100 loss team (38.7% winning percentage), well then we actually have a larger differential in this matchup 80% vs 40%.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,172
    Javy is in full-on pull mode. Needs to get that all-fields game going again.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    Well, actually not that is completely not true. Teams have much better chance of winning 2 games in 2 days vs doubleheader. The starting players will be a lot more tired which will affect the play in back to back games. Also, the bullpen usage also affects who they will be allowed to use.

    Assuming you are right (which is not the case) you believe that a 100 win team (61.7% winning percentage) should sweep the 100 loss team (38.7% winning percentage), well then we actually have a larger differential in this matchup 80% vs 40%.
    You basically misread everything that I've stated here. Not only that, you're making assertions that you haven't even remotely attempted to back up. I have no reason to believe the claim that you're making.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    920
    cubs need to win this **** after that depressing hawks loss.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Naperville
    Posts
    4,058
    1 more good inning Yu!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Naperville
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    You basically misread everything that I've stated here.
    Feel free to articulate it congruent way.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Naperville
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsStar View Post
    cubs need to win this **** after that depressing hawks loss.
    It felt like we had every chance to win that game, but we could not put it away.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    Feel free to articulate it congruent way.
    Feel free to make a statement that is intelligible.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    It felt like we had every chance to win that game, but we could not put it away.
    crawford sucks, defense sucks, yet we still should have won the damn game

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Naperville
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Feel free to make a statement that is intelligible.
    Don't worry champ when you graduate high school you will understand!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,067

    8/13-8/16: Brewers (7-9) at Cubs (12-3) IGT - NL Central Showdown

    Joe Buck is having an orgasm over the word “Zagnut”

    God I hate ****ing national broadcasts, especially with these two ****heads.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •