Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Cubs win!!! Great game guys!!!

Cubs Win

**** yes!

13-3. What a revelation the cubs have been.

DUBS ON DUBS ON DUBS ON DUBS.

#FlyTheW

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Dam Omar. You gone beat your bat in the dirt every time you make an out?

13-3 yessir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Interesting thought by Rizzo
    Shows by how theyve come together and they're play on the field

https://twitter.com/CubsZone/status/...883447296?s=19
    I certainly hope Ricketts are going to allow Theo to make some solid deadline moves and give these guys a real shot. They could use some a real bullpen and bench atleast. This is very very likely their last run with this core. But I also think the Ricketts are cheap bastards so i don't really expect it.

13-3. Keep on Rollin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I certainly hope Ricketts are going to allow Theo to make some solid deadline moves and give these guys a real shot. They could use some a real bullpen and bench atleast. This is very very likely their last run with this core. But I also think the Ricketts are cheap bastards so i don't really expect it.
    At this point youíve got to go for it. Iím not saying trade Brennan Davis and Brailyn for a rental. But we need BP help. Heck we may even have those answers in house. It would be nice to know that before the deadline. We have 2 intriguing arms that should be getting a look these last 2 weeks before the deadline.

Are Cubs good? Safe to say that or na

Iím sitting here wondering whoís gonna pitch the 9th after Wick and was so confused when Joe Buck said Cubs win after that pop out [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    At this point youíve got to go for it. Iím not saying trade Brennan Davis and Brailyn for a rental. But we need BP help. Heck we may even have those answers in house. It would be nice to know that before the deadline. We have 2 intriguing arms that should be getting a look these last 2 weeks before the deadline.

I agree. But i've seen nothing that makes me think they are going to give any of the kids a shot in the next two weeks, and it's probably service time related.

And people were worried about the rotation, lmao.

If the back half of our batting order can be this productive offensively, this team is for real. I still worry about guys like Happ, Heyward, Kipnis, Bote, etc. If those guys collectively turn into pumpkins, we'll have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post

If the back half of our batting order can be this productive offensively, this team is for real. I still worry about guys like Happ, Heyward, Kipnis, Bote, etc. If those guys collectively turn into pumpkins, we'll have problems.
    I'd say the rotation is still a real worry. Hendricks/Darvish are great, and it'll be nice when Q is back, but 36 year old Lester, Chatwood (despite his really insane first 3 starts), Mills still leave a lot to be desired. Put that on top of our pathetic bullpen, and that's a pretty middling staff altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'd say the rotation is still a real worry. Hendricks/Darvish are great, and it'll be nice when Q is back, but 36 year old Lester, Chatwood (despite his really insane first 3 starts), Mills still leave a lot to be desired. Put that on top of our pathetic bullpen, and that's a pretty middling staff altogether.
    I think it's reasonably safe to believe Chatwood is a legit mid rotation guy. And that we don't need to worry about the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post

Iím not really worried about Happ. Iím not necessarily saying this version of Happ is the real Ian Happ, but I think heís somewhere close to what heís showing. Heyward was pretty good all year last year until he got moved to leadoff, and heís starting to get locked in again now. Kipnis probably wonít keep up his good start. Bote is Bote. Heís just a solid player. What you see is what you get. Heís the type of player that every team would want for what he provides. I think we will be fine. We are doing all of this with KB, Rizz, and Javy off to slow starts. Once they get going, our offense should be even better (obviously) with a resurgence from Happ and Schwarber looking like he is the guy from last year that we hoped he would be again this year. Thatís as strong of a 1-6 as anybody once the big boys get going. Add Heyward being what he was most all of last year and Nico continuing to grow and get better and our offense will be a huge strength.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast