Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 197 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Bruh, that is Ja Morant put some respect on the ROY and former Racers name!

P.S. basketball reference is counting it as a regular season game.
    SorrY and thank you. Think I was thinking of Fox because of how much Vlade F壇 up his young career these first 3 years

Thanks for the info brotha

Bruh, that is Ja Morant put some respect on the ROY and former Racers name!

P.S. basketball reference is counting it as a regular season game.
    Speaking of Ja....he said he played the last 4 games with a broken thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Speaking of Ja....he said he played the last 4 games with a broken thumb.
    Dude is a beast, if JJJ doesn't get hurt, I think the Grizzlies have a better shot at making the playoffs.

Dude is a beast, if JJJ doesn't get hurt, I think the Grizzlies have a better shot at making the playoffs.
    JJJ being out was a big loss for them.

I would love to see them move on from Big Val. I know he's there two more years, but give him up, try to get Hield in a trade, and that team of Ja-Hield-Anderson-Winslow-JJJ is a lot of fun.

I would love to see them move on from Big Val. I know he's there two more years, but give him up, try to get Hield in a trade, and that team of Ja-Hield-Anderson-Winslow-JJJ is a lot of fun.
    JV is such an overlooked talent. Yes he's flawed in the sense that he can't defend away from the basket but he's actually improved a lot around the rim. Offensively he's a weapon and the man gobbles up rebounds. Also post season JV goes to another level. Back in the Lowry/DeRozan days there were a few playoff games where JV put the team on his back. I think JV is a good fit especially with an athletic 4 like JJJ who's very limited when it comes to rebounding. They can help cover each others flaws.

The Grizzlies are at a point where they do need to add some vets though. I'd say mainly some 3pt shooters. Eric Gordon, Otto Porter or Gordon Hayward come to mind. Dillon Brooks improved but he's still streaky as hell. I just want to see Ja in the post season sooner than later. Kid has the makings of a killer.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 08-16-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I just think the Grizzlies need to get healthy. No Winslow or Jones for the restart, JJJ only played a couple games, and Ja playing with a broken thumb.

Not having a 1st round pick this year hurts, plus their books are pretty littered with not great contracts for next season, especially with the uncertainty of the impact of the pandemic on the salary cap.

I think Val is a good guy to have in certain matchups. Its a long regular season and hes a consistent post threat, dont know why everyone falls for his pump fakes but hes very useful in a pinch. I get that they could prolly use another off ball threat tho, especially if Winslow is going to handle the ball more next year. Your lineup looks alot more modern too, prolly more important

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    JV is such an overlooked talent. Yes he's flawed in the sense that he can't defend away from the basket but he's actually improved a lot around the rim. Offensively he's a weapon and the man gobbles up rebounds. Also post season JV goes to another level. Back in the Lowry/DeRozan days there were a few playoff games where JV put the team on his back. I think JV is a good fit especially with an athletic 4 like JJJ who's very limited when it comes to rebounding. They can help cover each others flaws.

The Grizzlies are at a point where they do need to add some vets though. I'd say mainly some 3pt shooters. Eric Gordon, Otto Porter or Gordon Hayward come to mind. Dillon Brooks improved but he's still streaky as hell. I just want to see Ja in the post season sooner than later. Kid has the makings of a killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I think Val is a good guy to have in certain matchups. Its a long regular season and hes a consistent post threat, dont know why everyone falls for his pump fakes but hes very useful in a pinch. I get that they could prolly use another off ball threat tho, especially if Winslow is going to handle the ball more next year. Your lineup looks alot more modern too, prolly more important
    Good point on Val by both of you. I was getting too into the Ja-JJJ ability to play at pace. And he did have a good game. Maybe they could look to 途ight size his role in the way Gasol is the go to center for Toronto, but other guys get a lions share of the minutes (Ibaka, Boucher, even some Siakam).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Because he can actually shoot mid range jumpers. JV is an excellent scoring big man who unfortunately had to play for Dwane Casey for the majority of his career.

Can't fault Conley for leaving the bubble but it for sure favors the Nuggets.

Good point on Val by both of you. I was getting too into the Ja-JJJ ability to play at pace. And he did have a good game. Maybe they could look to 途ight size his role in the way Gasol is the go to center for Toronto, but other guys get a lions share of the minutes (Ibaka, Boucher, even some Siakam).
    Marc Gasol is a gift from the heavens. He's the anchor on D and keeps the ball moving on the offensive end. Two things that JV couldn't do. JV is an excellent scoring big man but can really slow down ball movement. The trade off is that he gets the ball in the post in 1 on 1 coverage then it's almost always an automatic bucket or trip to the line. JV also has ridiculously soft hands around the basket too.

It's a shame that JV didn't get more time under Nurse but I have no complaints with Gasol. He was getting about 5 less minutes a game under Nurse but then would have the same amount of touches. There'd also be the odd game where he'd put up 15+ shots. Nurse was actually using him for what he's best at and that's scoring. He also immediately separated him and Serge just like he does with Gasol and Serge most of the time.

Basically plays need to be run for JV when he's on the floor. He's excellent on the PnR, can hit mid range jump shots, has actually put spin moves on guys and is a great finisher around the rim. He's an incredibly efficient scorer and needs to be used as such.

Don't consider it and just do it lol

Can't fault Conley for leaving the bubble but it for sure favors the Nuggets.
    Well, Ed Davis out too.

Ik the Nuggets aren't 100% but they should still take this series.

Page 5 of 197 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast