Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 184 of 197 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2945
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah the difference in Stockton and Lebron ain't much, you're right🤣 And the Jazz absolutely did not have far more depth.
    I guess you think a lot more of the Lakers depth than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah the difference in Stockton and Lebron ain't much, you're right[emoji1787] And the Jazz absolutely did not have far more depth.
    That wasn't part of my argument. Im the biggest bron fan you'll ever meet lol. Or at least equal to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The people I talk to about ball had Jokic #1 by a wide margin.

Did a quick google and every list I find has Jokic #1:
    https://basketballforever.com/2020/0...-centers-nba-2
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-for-2019-20
    https://www.nba.com/magic/ranking-nb...-20-1-20200615
    You still have a bunch of people that put Embiid first cause he is solid on both ends. Jokic isn稚 great defensively but he is underrated defensively.

Then you have people bring up Kat because what he can do offensively.

But Jokic is similar to James where you give him the ball every possession and he will get your team a good shot. He impacts the game like only Lebron can offensively. He scores 12 points and it leads to a blow out in game 7 in the playoffs. He is still slept on, but this playoff run he has started to get the recognition he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    IMO he traded legacy for comfort. He didn't like how cold it was in Toronto and when he realized he could play in LA instead, he took it. He had no intentions of ever resigning with Toronto and looked for every way out.

In Toronto, he had a better supporting cast, a better coach and played in a weaker conference.

I also believe the chances to reach the Finals is greater in East.
    Some people are happy with 5 ginormous mansions instead of 10. I'm glad he was in a position to make such a decision for himself.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Can't underestimate denver at all. But man, Do i feel as confident as ever that we can win it all.
    Denver fans saying the same thing about LAL. Murray won稚 have to go up against Bevs Leonard and George every possession and the role players don稚 have more talent than Denver痴.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No need to be salty. Kawhi had his chance to join the Lakers and ran from the moment.
    F--k Kawhi if he went to the Lakers... Kawhi, LeBron, and AD... that's just madness. He would cease to be my 2nd favorite player if he did that.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Can't underestimate denver at all. But man, Do i feel as confident as ever that we can win it all.
    Because of the Lakers size, this could be a more favorable matchup for them. They'll be able to put more bodies on Jokic (AD, Javale, Dwight).

Jamal Murray and the Nuggets bench will need to take their game to another level.

People get too cute when talking about matchups. It rarely comes down to the 8th and 9th guys of each team. The big advantage the Lakers have against the Nuggets, compared to what the Clippers lacked, is they have a player in AD who can check Jokic 1-on-1. Denver runs the majority of their offense through their big man. The Clippers were woefully overrated as a defensive team all year, and totally overmatched in the post in that series. They had to double Jokic, and he's such a great passer that it led to ball movement and open 3s for the role players. Anthony Davis can check Jokic on his own, so it'll be a completely different matchup than the last series. That's going to put a lot more on Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, etc. to be super efficient on the perimeter. We'll see if they can do that.

The second big Lakers advantage is the same thing that defines every single series LeBron James has ever played in - if you don't have a SF who can make LeBron work defensively, you're going to play the game at LeBron's pace. Portland & Houston didn't have those guys, and no matter how great their outside shooting was, they played the pace LeBron wanted to play. I don't believe Denver has that guy, either. If it comes down to AD being able to go 1-on-1 with Jokic and LeBron getting to play help defense because Denver has no one to make him work, that's not great for the Nuggets.

Denver was a sneaky bad matchup for the Clippers. The Lakers are a bad matchup for Denver. Think Lakers take the WCF in 5. Denver finally doesn't come back from 3-1.

Murray took the Canadian crown away from Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    People get too cute when talking about matchups. It rarely comes down to the 8th and 9th guys of each team. The big advantage the Lakers have against the Nuggets, compared to what the Clippers lacked, is they have a player in AD who can check Jokic 1-on-1. Denver runs the majority of their offense through their big man. The Clippers were woefully overrated as a defensive team all year, and totally overmatched in the post in that series. They had to double Jokic, and he's such a great passer that it led to ball movement and open 3s for the role players. Anthony Davis can check Jokic on his own, so it'll be a completely different matchup than the last series. That's going to put a lot more on Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, etc. to be super efficient on the perimeter. We'll see if they can do that.

The second big Lakers advantage is the same thing that defines every single series LeBron James has ever played in - if you don't have a SF who can make LeBron work defensively, you're going to play the game at LeBron's pace. Portland & Houston didn't have those guys, and no matter how great their outside shooting was, they played the pace LeBron wanted to play. I don't believe Denver has that guy, either. If it comes down to AD being able to go 1-on-1 with Jokic and LeBron getting to play help defense because Denver has no one to make him work, that's not great for the Nuggets.

Denver was a sneaky bad matchup for the Clippers. The Lakers are a bad matchup for Denver. Think Lakers take the WCF in 5. Denver finally doesn't come back from 3-1.
    I was told the LAC would be just fine in matchups. I said Utah was a tough matchup for Denver but we were the better team. Then went on to saying Denver matches up well with LAC but they were more talented. LAL have the size, but guys like Plumlee, Morris, Craig, Murray, Harris get better matchups.

Lebron just got his 4th ring. None of the remaining teams can take out the lakers. Lebron deserves it. He still the king.

Also itll be nice for the Lakers and NBA to dedicate this years ship to Kobe. The writings in the wall at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lebron just got his 4th ring. None of the remaining teams can take out the lakers. Lebron deserves it. He still the king.

Also itll be nice for the Lakers and NBA to dedicate this years ship to Kobe. The writings in the wall at this point.
    Long suffering LeBron deserves it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Through all of KL worship, people forgot exactly why Lebron went to 8 straight finals. He痴 going to bring everyone back to reality once the playoffs come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    F--k Kawhi if he went to the Lakers... Kawhi, LeBron, and AD... that's just madness. He would cease to be my 2nd favorite player if he did that.
    That would be the real definition of a super team.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Denver fans saying the same thing about LAL. Murray won稚 have to go up against Bevs Leonard and George every possession and the role players don稚 have more talent than Denver痴.
    Rightfully so, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Because of the Lakers size, this could be a more favorable matchup for them. They'll be able to put more bodies on Jokic (AD, Javale, Dwight).

Jamal Murray and the Nuggets bench will need to take their game to another level.
    Agreed, I like it in terms of our ability to guard Jokic as good as aynone, I do not like it in terms of Murray lmao..

However, I think Lillard and Harden was good preparation.