Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belarus

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Our foreign policy has always been driven by greed and not altruism. Belarus is inconsequential to us. Thus, we don't care.
    We’re not even following through on the abuse of Uighers in China. Too much business to be done with China.

Belarus is run by a dictator. But we’re ok with dictators as long as they play ball with us or don’t have any resources to exploit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We’re not even following through on the abuse of Uighers in China. Too much business to be done with China.

Belarus is run by a dictator. But we’re ok with dictators as long as they play ball with us or don’t have any resources to exploit.
    As always, “Follow the money trail.”

don’t have any resources to exploit.

I wonder how many oil and natural gas field they found in Africa and the locals probably just covered it back up. Like **** it, we dont need America bombing us for this ****.

Just pretend it dont exist [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I wonder how many oil and natural gas field they found in Africa and the locals probably just covered it back up. Like **** it, we dont need America bombing us for this ****.

Just pretend it dont exist [emoji23]

I think there’s quite a bit in Somalia.

Speaking of Africa, there are some interesting develops with African nations in China. I’ll try to dig up the article. It’s essentially the same thing the US has done in LatAm; they’re exploiting resources by granting infrastructure loans to Africa that they know these countries can’t pay back (but they’re so desperate for support that they have to accept).

I think there’s quite a bit in Somalia.

Speaking of Africa, there are some interesting develops with African nations in China. I’ll try to dig up the article. It’s essentially the same thing the US has done in LatAm; they’re exploiting resources by granting infrastructure loans to Africa that they know these countries can’t pay back (but they’re so desperate for support that they have to accept).
    Oh yea, I already know about China and Africa. China doing that all over the world. They've built major infrastructure throughout pakistan and afghanistan, and they just flexed on India by taking their northern territory in order to protect these investments.

Chinas a gangster. They're the new america.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

We’re not even following through on the abuse of Uighers in China.
    I get where you're coming from because China is a "rival" of ours, and the "even" makes sense in that regard.

But what makes you think our government has ever given a **** about Muslims? Just look at our record! We've treated the Middle East like a rag doll. We've killed hundreds of thousands of them in recent (POINTLESS) wars. We routinely support of Israel's human rights abuses against the Palestinians. So on and so on. I'm not sure why you'd expect them to care about the Uighurs, even if it's at the hands of China.

Especially someone like Trump
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh yea, I already know about China and Africa. China doing that all over the world. They've built major infrastructure throughout pakistan and afghanistan, and they just flexed on India by taking their northern territory in order to protect these investments.

Chinas a gangster. They're the new america.

It’s the end of our imperialism. Britain, then US and now China.

I get where you're coming from because China is a "rival" of ours, and the "even" makes sense in that regard.

But what makes you think our government has ever given a **** about Muslims? Just look at our record! We've treated the Middle East like a rag doll. We've killed hundreds of thousands of them in recent (POINTLESS) wars. We routinely support of Israel's human rights abuses against the Palestinians. So on and so on. I'm not sure why you'd expect them to care about the Uighurs, even if it's at the hands of China.

Especially someone like Trump
    Very true. The “even” was in reference to how obviously terrible it is, but yeah fair point.

Our foreign policy has always been driven by greed and not altruism. Belarus is inconsequential to us. Thus, we don't care.
    25 years ago it was a BIG deal as a foothold for democracy in the former USSR. And congress keeps telling us how evil Russia is, shouldn't that make us interested now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    25 years ago it was a BIG deal as a foothold for democracy in the former USSR. And congress keeps telling us how evil Russia is, shouldn't that make us interested now?
    Because it didn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Because it didn’t work.
    I guess it comes down to that our government is run by corrupt people so of course corrupt results are going to follow.

And the protests in Minsk don't seem to end...
    I don't think Belarus is worthless to us - if our government doesn't take any action, Putin surely will.

They’re shutting down any media that is critical now: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/22/w...s-outlets.html

That’s like Trumps wet dream.

It’s the end of our imperialism. Britain, then US and now China.

It was gonna happen regardless, but Trump put it in hyper drive.

No, definitely not the end of our imperialism. Maybe the beginning of the end. America still tough, will be for a while, just not at the top any more. The future is there, not here. Day by day, the present is closer to being there, not here.

They're just better than us. They're better run. They have no debt. They dont overthrow governments. They're strictly business.

If California hired a Chinese company to build that bullet train, they would have gave us a price, we would have paid it, and that thing would have been in operation RIGHT NOW from Bakersfield to Sacramento to the bay area. They're just better than us. We cant compete.

They got **** ton of resources and they're going around and building the world. They're signing all sorts of pacts and projects with Brazil, uk, France, germany, Iran, etc. They are connecting more and more with the world and we are getting more and more isolated.

You guys are discussing biased media and have seriously zero idea of what is going on in the region(objectively speaking). While Lukashenko should go, if any opposition candidate is to succeed in Belorus, they have to be a significantly pro-Russian candidate. The worst thing that happens(and the best in the eyes of some) is that if push comes to shove, Belarus will just get absorbed into Russia if they don't figure their **** out in a peaceful and reasonable manner.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast