Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Ross is quietly getting a couple bullpen arms he can count on

2. 08-11-2020, 10:42 PM
    Reason
    Spam

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I hope they can find a way to upgrade the bench soon.

Phegley
    Bote
    Almora
    Souza

Not exactly clutch off the bench

I'd rather Ross just let Caratini hit from the right side then having Phegley PH for him
    They're just trying to get Phegley some ABs.

We really need a corner OF who can hit lefties off the bench. Too bad Zagunis opted out, dude can hit and get on base. Hopefully Souza starts hitting better, but they have to play him a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Wasnít he someone they focused on acquiring so they can send him to their Pitch Lab to help tweak some things?

Clearly, it seems to be working. Hope he keeps it up
    Maybe they told him to throw harder and not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They're just trying to get Phegley some ABs.

We really need a corner OF who can hit lefties off the bench. Too bad Zagunis opted out, dude can hit and get on base. Hopefully Souza starts hitting better, but they have to play him a bit.
    I'm not sure Zagunis is a solution either. He looked a lot better a few years back. He's backslid three years in a row in AAA. Last year he was barely average there, and saw his walks tumble and his K's skyrocket. Sadly, the Cubs platoon help will likely continue to come from outside of the organization for at least another year.

I'm still going to be very iffy on Rea despite a few solid results. Now, fangraphs doesn't have tonight's velo's in yet, but his velocity in 2020 is basically on point with the small sample sizes he's had in the past, with a slight increase of around less than a mph. Perhaps we're going to see a little more flash as he gets more "up to speed" if that's what he needs. With that said, it's definitely not a case of a dude throwing 93 mph as a SP and a 99mph reliever, so I'm not sure if we're going to see more than a slight up tick here, all said and done.

With that said, if he's a pitch-lab guy, they may have worked with his spin rate (both fastball using backspin and breakers using forespin). His slider has graded out well in small samples in the past. His peripherals were really bad in AAA, but he was also used as a SP and not as bullpen guy.

When it comes down to it, he's a 30 year old, entering the BP, with no track record of ever being good. He'll almost assuredly fall on his face and be terrible. But it wouldn't be the craziest thing if the pitchlab worked with him, his breakers/fastballs have improved and he's a guy with a little helium, too.

Rea has pitched twice, only 3 innings. That sample size is nothing. Not excited yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Rea has pitched twice, only 3 innings. That sample size is nothing. Not excited yet.
    Is Kimbrels 4 games enough of a ss to get excited about?
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

I'm seeing some trade for Lindor tweets after this, if given a choice of trading for and extending Lindor(trade Bryant) or just extending Bryant, which would you choose

https://twitter.com/ZackMeisel/statu...202920962?s=19
    Last edited by chibears55; 08-12-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm seeing some trade for Lindor tweets after this, if given a choice of trading for and extending Lindor or extending Bryant, which would you choose

https://twitter.com/ZackMeisel/statu...202920962?s=19
    Yes to both. I donít expect either.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Replace excited with nauseous and I would say yes

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iím sure Almora is going to be a late inning defensive replacement. But thatís probably going to be it
    Not sure if Happ take good angles to balls, or gets a good jump on them, but he is the fastest guy on the team. So he might not be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Not sure if Happ take good angles to balls, or gets a good jump on them, but he is the fastest guy on the team. So he might not be replaced
    Fun Facts

Sprint speed.

Hoerner 93

Kris Bryant 77

Javier Baez 70

Ian Happ 64

Almora 62

Scwharber 60

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Fun Facts

Sprint speed.

Hoerner 93

Kris Bryant 77

Javier Baez 70

Ian Happ 64

Almora 62

Scwharber 60
    This is their percentiles I presume

Even by the eye test its easy to see that Happ is not close to being the fastest guy on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Well he sucked last year too so no.

GOAT team.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast