Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    I think they want to get him some work so he is ready for the brewers. The last time he pitched was a week ago.
    I get it. Luckily we don’t have to worry about that scenario now, but it would’ve been dumb had Jeffress thrown 20-30 pitches and had to be shut down for a day or two.

Either way, DUBS ON DUBS ON DUBS.

#FlyTheW

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Heyward is now an average hitter. Nice.

Another good game. 12-3. Keep on Rollin.

1/4 of the season over cubs are a MLB best 12 n 3...

Big 10 game homestand coming up with Brewers Cardinals and Whitesox

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Kipnis and Happ have definitely been great. Rizzo is about even with Contreras and both have been good. Caratini has actually been below average.
    The whole team has been pretty good.

KB is currently sitting at a 99wRC+
    Heyward is sitting at a 100wRC+
    Rizzo is at 147
    Happ has a 175
    Kipnis is at 247 (he is trash)
    Willy is at 133
    Caratini is at 94
    Javy is at 104
    Schwarber is at 112

It turns out that having a few guys do well and having no black holes will score you a TON of runs.

Wonder if Ross would consider using Kipnis as DH agsinst some RHers and just let Hoerner play 2B

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wonder if Ross would consider using Kipnis as DH agsinst some RHers and just let Hoerner play 2B
    Much like Mills as the 5th starter is a counting of blessings, so should we with Kipnis. His 26 awesome PAs this year don't erase this significance of his last 1500.

The Cubs should use Bote and Hoerner every time instead of Kipnis.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Much like Mills as the 5th starter is a counting of blessings, so should we with Kipnis. His 26 awesome PAs this year don't erase this significance of his last 1500.

The Cubs should use Bote and Hoerner every time instead of Kipnis.
    Talking about as a DH against some RHers over Caratini or Contreras( give him a full day off) when Caratini catches just to get him a few extra ABs

Gotta ride the hot bat as much as you can before it cools off

Souza and Winkler are two guys I would love to see booted off the team.

I'm glad Theo runs this team. If this forum did, we wouldn't have anyone left on the team.

Talking about as a DH against some RHers over Caratini or Contreras( give him a full day off) when Caratini catches just to get him a few extra ABs

Or you can count your blessings while they last and just go with the option that should give you the best chance to win on any given day. Which is assuredly not Kipnis.

Honestly, not sure what the beef is with Bote. Feels like he's earned real PT. If you're not rolling with Hoerner, play more Bote. In hindsight, it was easily Joe's biggest oversight last year was playing all those geeks over him all the time.

I'm not sure there's such a thing as "riding a hot..." like we like to believe. The truth is, every PA a guy like Yelich takes could be the one that break him out of a slump the same way every PA Kipnis takes is the one that sends him back to being a pumpkin. We love to believe that if you just "play the hot hand" that the hot hand will continue, but the reality is, the key is to understand and appreciate the hot hand, while knowing deep down he's a PA away from being the guy you thought.

You'll never know if you were too early in pulling support, but you'll always know you were too late. The Cubs should take this approach with Kipnis. Continue to play him in the way you would have, and be happy and surprised he's hitting, yet, don't throw extra PA's his way. But as I've stated previously, this same time last year, the Cubs forum had nothing but great things to say about another 2b that we all never want to see take another PA in a Cub uniform. These small sample size bubbles are easily popped.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Or you can count your blessings while they last and just go with the option that should give you the best chance to win on any given day. Which is assuredly not Kipnis.

Honestly, not sure what the beef is with Bote. Feels like he's earned real PT. If you're not rolling with Hoerner, play more Bote. In hindsight, it was easily Joe's biggest oversight last year was playing all those geeks over him all the time.
    Again, I'm not even talking about playing 2B or 3B

All I'm saying is getting Kipnis some extra ABs as a DH while he hot

You say play Bote more, he got his first hit tonight in his last 20 ABs

Hoerner has had 1 hit in his last 16 AB , 3 for last 20

My original suggestion wasn't to take ABs away from them, it was just to give him a few extra ABs as a DH against RHers to give Contreras an actual full day off here and there against RHers.

But, if you want to include them, wouldn't you rather continue to go with the blessing of someone who is hitting now over a couple of guys who are struggling?

Whether he continues to hit for another 5 games or 25 games, wouldn't you want to ride that as much as possible til it stops, if it stops?

Again, I'm not even talking about playing 2B or 3B

All I'm saying is getting Kipnis some extra ABs as a DH while he hot

You say play Bote more, he got his first hit tonight in his last 20 ABs

Hoerner has had 1 hit in his last 16 AB , 3 for last 20

My original suggestion wasn't to take ABs away from them, it was just to give him a few extra ABs as a DH against RHers to give Contreras an actual full day off here and there against RHers.

But, if you want to include them, wouldn't you rather continue to go with the blessing of someone who is hitting now over a couple of guys who are struggling?

Whether he continues to hit for another 5 games or 25 games, wouldn't you want to ride that as much as possible til it stops, if it stops?
    And how do we decide when he's not hot?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not sure there's such a thing as "riding a hot..." like we like to believe. The truth is, every PA a guy like Yelich takes could be the one that break him out of a slump the same way every PA Kipnis takes is the one that sends him back to being a pumpkin. We love to believe that if you just "play the hot hand" that the hot hand will continue, but the reality is, the key is to understand and appreciate the hot hand, while knowing deep down he's a PA away from being the guy you thought.

You'll never know if you were too early in pulling support, but you'll always know you were too late. The Cubs should take this approach with Kipnis. Continue to play him in the way you would have, and be happy and surprised he's hitting, yet, don't throw extra PA's his way. But as I've stated previously, this same time last year, the Cubs forum had nothing but great things to say about another 2b that we all never want to see take another PA in a Cub uniform. These small sample size bubbles are easily popped.
    Which of these 3 has a track record of Yelich that he'd be taking ABs away from?
    Caratini ? Bote ? Hoerner ?

Also, I never said to play Kipnis everyday so he can take ABs away from anyone.
    all I suggested was that MAYBE Ross should consider giving him a few extra ABs as a DH against some RHers to give Contreras a full day off

I don't get the pushback from that suggestion
    The guy playing well, let him get a few extra ABs here and there

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast