Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Should of stayed with the last reliever

Bryant smoked one

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    In general, umps should just not be tossing players. Unless something absolutely absurd happens, they need to just shut the **** up and do their job.
    To some extent, I think interaction with the umpires should be discouraged. They make mistakes. A player can have a gut reaction or express frustration, but I don't think they should just be allowed to get in an ump's face or hold the game up over a call that's not gonna get brought back or do anything to ensure bad calls won't be made in the future.

In this case, Willy absolutely should not have been tossed, and I agree that in general, umpires have too quick of a trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    To some extent, I think interaction with the umpires should be discouraged. They make mistakes. A player can have a gut reaction or express frustration, but I don't think they should just be allowed to get in an ump's face or hold the game up over a call that's not gonna get brought back or do anything to ensure bad calls won't be made in the future.

In this case, Willy absolutely should not have been tossed, and I agree that in general, umpires have too quick of a trigger.
    Yeah, I agree that interaction with umpires should be discouraged. I think it should happen via fines. I think they should just fine guys every time they get heated with the umps. That's how you discourage it.

In that case, like you said, tossing him is just ludicrous.

That's silly. If we can improve the team by him being in LF we should absolutely do it.
    Of course. The question is whether it improves the team. Maybe I just don't like things out of place. Whenever KB plays left it just feels... awkward and wrong.

Rizzo is such a great player and like-able guy. I hope heís on the north side for many more years

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Of course. The question is whether it improves the team. Maybe I just don't like things out of place. Whenever KB plays left it just feels... awkward and wrong.
    That's why feelings are less powerful than data.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Well, it gets Bote in the lineup. So it depends on how much any given person believes his bat helps us over somebody else being in the lineup.

8/11 & 8/12: Cubs (10-3) at Indians (10-7) IGT

Itís only about 50 PAs, but Willy needs to be aware of his 20/1 strikeout/walk ratio so far. Heís hitting the hall very hard, but he needs to show better strike zone awareness or his stats are going to tank.

Yeah, I agree that interaction with umpires should be discouraged. I think it should happen via fines. I think they should just fine guys every time they get heated with the umps. That's how you discourage it.

In that case, like you said, tossing him is just ludicrous.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that system.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Itís only about 50 PAs, but Willy needs to be aware of his 20/1 strikeout/walk ratio so far. Heís hitting the hall very hard, but he needs to show better strike zone awareness or his stats are going to tank.
    Eh. Most of it is that he's being pitched way differently. He's seeing 47% of pitches in the zone. Last year he saw under 37%. He's also actually swinging at balls out of the zone slightly less than he did last year. Overall contact rate is the same, too.

He's not walking because he's not seeing balls. Not because he can't recognize them in a way that is different from usual.

Also happy birthday Doogolas. It's not your birthday, but Kyle Hendricks is pitching a great game.

I would not mind Kyle getting the 7th but I do not think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Also happy birthday Doogolas. It's not your birthday, but Kyle Hendricks is pitching a great game.
    Yeah, but he let up a ******** run.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Damn I hadn't even noticed that... that is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Damn I hadn't even noticed that... that is ugly
    In case you didn't see it, I will repeat what I had posted before:

Most of it is that he's being pitched way differently. He's seeing 47% of pitches in the zone. Last year he saw under 37%. He's also actually swinging at balls out of the zone slightly less than he did last year. Overall contact rate is the same, too.

He's not walking because he's not seeing balls. Not because he can't recognize them in a way that is different from usual.

Basically, if he keeps crushing the ball, teams will leave the zone against him again. And the walks will follow.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast