Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Lester looks good, I hope he can go deep.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Almora was totally trash last year. He was so bad in his 380 PAs he had a negative fWAR. Had he played more at that level, he'd have even more negative fWAR.

Yes, I know how the stats work. Clearly you don't. We are done here. Enjoy your viewing experience and have a wonderful evening.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    heyward was trash in 2016 so did we get rid of him, wait how about when he was trash in 2017? oh 1 season in 2019 when he is average and its all good. his war is ****ing negative this year.

Am I the only one surprised Lester has been this good so far this season? I thought the way he looked last season, his loss of velocity, final year of the contract, I was thinking 5th starter type expectations. Really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Am I the only one surprised Lester has been this good so far this season? I thought the way he looked last season, his loss of velocity, final year of the contract, I was thinking 5th starter type expectations. Really impressed.
    I am totally with you, last year I was very worried and thought this year would be even worse. However, he has been a pleasant surprise this year.

Was something wrong with Plutko? I am surprised they pulled him so quickly.

Nice hitting Javy!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    I am totally with you, last year I was very worried and thought this year would be even worse. However, he has been a pleasant surprise this year.
    I don't think Lester is a bad pitcher right now, he's likely at least a capable backend starter, but it's definitely a case of results being better than his talent so far this year.

Just a few numbers for the season:
    .109 BABIP against, 100% strand rate, 5.3% HR/FB. His xFIP is 5.03 for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    Was something wrong with Plutko? I am surprised they pulled him so quickly.
    I thought only Maddon pulls starters early?

Plutko hasn't been a starter this year and isn't stretched out, that's why he was pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't think Lester is a bad pitcher right now, he's likely at least a capable backend starter, but it's definitely a case of results being better than his talent so far this year.

Just a few numbers for the season:
    .109 BABIP against, 100% strand rate, 5.3% HR/FB. His xFIP is 5.03 for a reason.
    No, No.... Lester is going to continue to be amazing all the way to our world series win!

Nice sac fly!

Beautiful hit Ian!

Nice hit by Happ at the very top of the zone

Has Lester looked better today? Like, has he actually missed some bats? I missed the first 5 innings. Kinda passed out after having meetings all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Has Lester looked better today? Like, has he actually missed some bats? I missed the first 5 innings. Kinda passed out after having meetings all day.
    He's been fine. Moreso lots of weak contact than missing lots of bats. The Indians don't have a very good lineup or I think he'd probably be getting hit harder.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast