Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    They should play Almora vs LHP, Heyward vs RHP. Maybe it would help both of them.
    Too bad Kipnis cant play RF

Damn, that was a nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Too bad Kipnis cant play RF
    Too bad! Kipnis has been WAY better than I expected this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsStar View Post
    its aged well heyward is still trash. almora has a better ****ing Wrc+ this year and better at D. forget heyward makes $180 million forget the guys we cant sign because of that ****. forget almora is basically ****ing free. forget the numbers this year. should i pretend its 2015 and look at heywards numbers? it must be nice to live in your world
    He isn't better defensively, and this years wRC+ is meaningless in two weeks. Almora had a 60 something last year. Thats embarrassingly bad.

This is asinine and I'm not debating this with you. Its not even close. Even at Heywards WORST season he was never below replacement level like Almora was in 2019. Youve completely let his contract rule your view and lost any ability to be objective.

We can live both in a world where Heyward is well overpaid and a major disappointment and yet is still significantly better than the replacement level talent Almora has become.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Nice inning Lester!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He isn't better defensively, and this years wRC+ is meaningless in two weeks. Almora had a 60 something last year. Thats embarrassingly bad.

This is asinine and I'm not debating this with you. Its not even close. Even at Heywards WORST season he was never below replacement level like Almora was in 2019. Youve completely let his contract rule your view and lost any ability to be objective.

We can live both in a world where Heyward is well overpaid and a major disappointment and yet is still significantly better than the replacement level talent Almora has become.

I might split the difference in this argument.

2020 they have both been bad
    2019 Heyward was better
    2018 it was probably a wash
    2017 Almora was better
    2016 Almora was better

So maybe Almora gets the chance vs LHP and gets on track, and Heyward plays vs RHP and gets on track. Overall we win and we are all happy.

I might split the difference in this argument.

2020 they have both been bad
    2019 Heyward was better
    2018 it was probably a wash
    2017 Almora was better
    2016 Almora was better

So maybe Almora gets the chance vs LHP and gets on track, and Heyward plays vs RHP and gets on track. Overall we win and we are all happy.
    Yeah, youre still wrong. Almora IN HIS CAREER is 2.2 fWAR. Heyward JUST last year was 1.9. The year before he was 2. Hes significantly better. Almora isn't good. Heyward is decidedly average. But thats still better than Almora who hasn't even shown the ability to hit LHP any more, his only talent.

Almora barely belongs on an MLB roster. Heyward maintains value as a RHP hitting platoon RF'er.

Yeah, youre still wrong. Almora IN HIS CAREER is 2.2 fWAR. Heyward JUST last year was 1.9. The year before he was 2. Hes significantly better. Almora isn't good. Heyward is decidedly average. But thats still better than Almora who hasn't even shown the ability to hit LHP any more, his only talent.

Almora barely belongs on an MLB roster. Heyward maintains value as a RHP hitting platoon RF'er.

I was using your favorite stat wRc+ for each season. I do want to use Heyward is a platoon OF. The other argument about money is valid. Almora cost us roughly 3.5 million for 5 years. He did not affect our ability to sign players. Also when he slumps we can bench him, we can send him down, or we could cut him. Heyward, when he slumps, gets to play every day. He probably played a significant roll in our payroll.

I was using your favorite stat wRc+ for each season. I do want to use Heyward is a platoon OF. The other argument about money is valid. Almora cost us roughly 3.5 million for 5 years. He did not affect our ability to sign players. Also when he slumps we can bench him, we can send him down, or we could cut him. Heyward, when he slumps, gets to play every day. He probably played a significant roll in our payroll.
    SMH...You cant JUST use wRC+....thats offense only. Heyward has massive value defensively. Thats why you use WAR in this case...

I also dont care about the money when saying who's better. Almora should be released this offseason. Heyward is a sunk cost. Sucks, but its sunk. So get what you can out of him.

do you know how the stats work??? heyward ****ing plays every ****ing game you war is going to be something positive even if you ****ing suck. almora could be totaly trash and if he plays 160 games he will have a ****ing 1 war. and why do they play heyward on yeah he was the highest paid hitter in the league when we ****ing signed him

do you know how the stats work??? heyward ****ing plays every ****ing game you war is going to be something positive even if you ****ing suck. almora could be totaly trash and if he plays 160 games he will have a ****ing 1 war. and why do they play heyward on yeah he was the highest paid hitter in the league when we ****ing signed him
    Almora was totally trash last year. He was so bad in his 380 PAs he had a negative fWAR. Had he played more at that level, he'd have even more negative fWAR.

Yes, I know how the stats work. Clearly you don't. We are done here. Enjoy your viewing experience and have a wonderful evening.

Apparently you don't

Lester with that 100% strand rate lolol

SMH...You cant JUST use wRC+....thats offense only. Heyward has massive value defensively. Thats why you use WAR in this case...

I also dont care about the money when saying who's better. Almora should be released this offseason. Heyward is a sunk cost. Sucks, but its sunk. So get what you can out of him.

Heyward was negative defensively last year it was almost the same as Castellanos. This year his number is also negative but it has been a short season.

You seem to want to argue that Heyward is better than Almora but that really is not the argument. Which 1 of these players would be better vs a LHP and a RHP. It seems like they could both have a spot this year.

I would be thrilled if we could release both of them next year with no cap hit.

Heyward was negative defensively last year it was almost the same as Castellanos. This year his number is also negative but it has been a short season.

You seem to want to argue that Heyward is better than Almora but that really is not the argument. Which 1 of these players would be better vs a LHP and a RHP. It seems like they could both have a spot this year.

I would be thrilled if we could release both of them next year with no cap hit.
    Heyward's defense was negative because he ate up a ton of innings in CF. Hes not a CF'er. He was still very plus in RF. He would be all season. Defense stats can get funky in full season samples. We are around 100 innings in this year for Heyward. Theyre literally meaningless.

Almora is horrible. If you're unable to see that through fWAR and the defenive numbers,, I dont know what else to show. Almora can't even hit LHP any longer. He was awful.

Yes, I wish we could dump Heyward no hit (theres no "cap"), too. But we don't live in thst world. Even so, Heyward at 2 fWAR is literally average. Hes a low end starter (ideally platoon). Almora is below positive fWAR. Thats literally AAA level and lower production.

Its not close.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 08-11-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast