Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas in August: New York Rangers win #1 pick 2020 NHL Lottery, Alexis Lafreniere

YESSSSSSSSSSSS....last night, the patience of New York Ranger fans worldwide felt vindicated.

Let's talk about being a fan of a franchise that saw 1 Stanley Cup over the last EIGHTY seasons. You know, you're all NUTS. All of you...and me.

From the agonizing 2014 Stanley Cup Finals that saw a beloved lunch pail squad come up short against the Kings after beating the Flyers 4-3, Penguins 4-3, & Canadians 4-2. Even more painful the Rangers were in the lead heading into the 3rd period in every game in the Stanley Cup Finals...

Then 2015 winning the President's Cup but losing in the Eastern Conference Finals vs Tampa...

Then 2016 shocking loss to the Ottawa Senators in the Semi-Finals...

The New York Rangers did something uncharacteristic: Full Rebuild

1. Denial: Trading away Mcdonagh.

2. Anger: Trading away Zucc.

3. Bargaining: Trading away Kevin Hayes

4. Depression: 2018 season

5. Acceptance: 2019 season

And now...

The Rangers add Alexis Lafreniere, a dynamic power forward that will replace chronic concussion machine, Jesper Fast...

Joining a young nucleus: Mika Zibanejad, Kris Kreider, Panarin, Kakko, Fox, deAngelo, Chytil, Lindgren, Shesterkin...with Kravstov, Nils Lundqvist, and K'Andre Miller on the way.

The Rangers are one Center away from becoming a serious monster in the Post Season....

Once Henrik Lundquist, Brendan Smith, & Marc Staal are off the books...they will have a lot of cap space to play with.

What a time to be alive....

when i saw the corner of that ball in the tube with our logo on it,i didn't want to get too excited yet but when it was confirmed i almost jumped out of my skin,,only problem I see is he wore #11 and that number is taken here
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 08-11-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Geezus. Talk about monster wingers.

Panarin and Kreider. Kakko and LaFreniere. We know Mika is the first line center but Rangers need a top Center to anchor that second line...and no, that's not Strome.

Makes me wonder where Chytil fits. He might remain on the 3rd line with Kravtsov, which is another packed and talented line.

I STILL think, there needs to be work on the 4th line. That has to be a defensive shutdown line.

But before all that, WHO do the Rangers draft with their second first rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Geezus. Talk about monster wingers.

Panarin and Kreider. Kakko and LaFreniere. We know Mika is the first line center but Rangers need a top Center to anchor that second line...and no, that's not Strome.

Makes me wonder where Chytil fits. He might remain on the 3rd line with Kravtsov, which is another packed and talented line.

I STILL think, there needs to be work on the 4th line. That has to be a defensive shutdown line.

But before all that, WHO do the Rangers draft with their second first rounder?
    Or? do we take that second pick and try and package that with some players to try and get a legit 2nd line center? Also reports suggest Hank will surely not be back next year,some suggest he will retire and play in Sweden. I find it hard to believe he would leave 8 million dollars on the table

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Or? do we take that second pick and try and package that with some players to try and get a legit 2nd line center? Also reports suggest Hank will surely not be back next year,some suggest he will retire and play in Sweden. I find it hard to believe he would leave 8 million dollars on the table
    For sure. Hmm...would the Rangers trade Trouba plus a draft pick and one of their expiring contracts (Smith or Staal) for a legit #2 center?

1st line: LW Kreider C Mika Zibanejad RW Buchnevich

2nd line: LW Panarin C (Available) RW Kakko

3rd line LW Lefreniere C Chytil RW Kravtsov

4th line LW Lemieux C Howden RW Gauthier

We're asking another team to take on a lot of money there,so the guy they want better be available with that second pick,but yeah I like those lines..heard JD say Alex idolized MM(thats why he wore #11),not a bad role model huh?

Worse comes to worst...just wait till Jack Eichel becomes an UFA.

Now that the Rangers have landed pick #22 what are you hoping we do with it? Personally, I was Lapierre

Quote Originally Posted by BoSchemblogger View Post
    Now that the Rangers have landed pick #22 what are you hoping we do with it? Personally, I was Lapierre
    Package to move up or package for a top 6 C/top 4 LHD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys been a while!

Iím in favor of Perrault, Holloway or Grieg if we stay with the 22nd pick. Iím afraid of Lapierreóheís already had 3 concussion and hasnít even payed with big boys yet.

If we can somehow move up Anton Lundell would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Hey guys been a while!

Iím in favor of Perrault, Holloway or Grieg if we stay with the 22nd pick. Iím afraid of Lapierreóheís already had 3 concussion and hasnít even payed with big boys yet.

If we can somehow move up Anton Lundell would be sweet.
    Hey guys. Been a long time for me as well. Hey Sly. Woke up feeling very greedy today. What would it take to move up to #2 to select Q, Byfield, the best center in this draft. We have draft capital and loads of good young talent. We also have DeAngelo and Strome. Would an offer of draft picks, Tony D, and/or Strome, and some young talent be tempting enough to entice the Kings? If not, what do you think it would take?

The Rangers would have to empty their farm system to move back up to #2. A foolish move no one would make except Ranger Front Office of old.

Right now, the Rangers are playing with house money.

Whoever will be the 2nd line Center will have Kakko and/or LaFreniere to defer the puck. That's SICK.

The Rangers are playing with house money. No one is expecting this team to reach the Stanley Cup and they have a good shot to make the playoffs next season.

This is a deep draft. I'm sure the Rangers will have a good draft. Think they'll be fine.

Here's the question, will Chytil make a leap forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Rangers would have to empty their farm system to move back up to #2. A foolish move no one would make except Ranger Front Office of old.

Right now, the Rangers are playing with house money.

Whoever will be the 2nd line Center will have Kakko and/or LaFreniere to defer the puck. That's SICK.

The Rangers are playing with house money. No one is expecting this team to reach the Stanley Cup and they have a good shot to make the playoffs next season.

This is a deep draft. I'm sure the Rangers will have a good draft. Think they'll be fine.

Here's the question, will Chytil make a leap forward?
    I agree with much of what you wrote. But not the part about emptying the farm. I believe our late 1st, next years 1st, 2 top prospects and Tony D. would be a good offer. If LA says no then we move on. It was just a suggestion which I think has more merit than you're willing to give it.

Rangers need left defenseman and a center...BADLY.

Ryan Strome is a 3rd line center. Not a second line.

For me, Iíd like to keep that 22nd pick and take Perrault. Maybe package a 3rd Rd pick to move up but Iíd take Perrault. I think the 3 top centers in this draft are Byfield, Lundell & Perrault. Byfield and Lundell will be unattainable due to the spot theyíll be drafted, like the top 10 but Perrault should be there in the 18-25 range.

I know heís listed as a RW but heís great a face-offs, his dad has like the highest face-off win percentage of all-time. He also plays physical, fast and has a great shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast