Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20 Nick. We could have had Trout if he fell a few picks in the draft. After the compensatory pick for not signing Gerrit Cole the year before, the Yankees were to pick 29th in the first round. After extending qualifying offers to Mark Teixeira and Francisco Rodriguez and losing them in free agency, the Angels had the 24th and 25th picks. Angels took Trout with the 25th pick. Four picks later, the Yankees took a high school outfielder from Texas, Slade Heathcott. The rest is history.
    I know

All high school picks are crap shoots

But you have to take them to keep the minor league rosters balanced and not havjing too many 22 yr olds sprinkled around and then drying up with nowhere to play.

But Bundy was available and he always had good stuff. Now we see seeing why Baltimore drafted him #1.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I know

All high school picks are crap shoots

But you have to take them to keep the minor league rosters balanced and not havjing too many 22 yr olds sprinkled around and then drying up with nowhere to play.

But Bundy was available and he always had good stuff. Now we see seeing why Baltimore drafted him #1.
    More to the Trout draft story. Nolan Arenado wasn't just available when the Yankees picked at No. 29 in 2009. He wasn't taken until the 59th overall pick. Practically every big-league team is kicking themselves with how spectacular Arenado turned out.

You are right about Bundy, not disagreeing only offering perspective.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

More to the Trout draft story. Nolan Arenado wasn't just available when the Yankees picked at No. 29 in 2009. He wasn't taken until the 59th overall pick. Practically every big-league team is kicking themselves with how spectacular Arenado turned out.

You are right about Bundy, not disagreeing only offering perspective.
    I still have reservations about Colorado players.

And with regards to Bundy?

Cashman usually takes fliers on these type of pitchers as he knows they have good stuff but might need a change of scenery or a good organization to fully tap into that potential.

The Angels traded filler for Bundy

Yanks had plenty of filler in the minors as well.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-12-2020 at 08:50 AM.

How did Dylan Bundy fall through the cracks?

He leaves Baltimore and is now the new Gerit Cole.

Dude is dominating in every game! I mean complete domination of every opposing team so far!

Way to go Cashbox!

We could have had any Bundy in the rotation instead of Happ!

If we had every pitcher some of you think we should have, we'd have 75 pitchers on the roster. You can't just have every player.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Meredith Marakovits @M_Marakovits
    5m
    No Aaron Judge in tonight’s lineup #yankees
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Meredith Marakovits @M_Marakovits
    5m
    No Aaron Judge in tonight’s lineup #yankees
    Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch
    Asked to elaborate on “lower body tightness,” Boone mentioned hips, hamstrings and calves.
    4:20 PM · Aug 12, 2020

So his entire lower body lol

Boone said he was trying to give Judge rest. Even the NY Post had an article asking where Judge was.

I think they are hiding an injury. Hell, Boone is BSing and says he needs some rest, load management BS. Total bullspit!

Hey Boone, the Yankees didn’t play Monday and do not play on Thur. Try again pal.....
    Told you so.

And Boone was telling us he pulled him early because he wanted to give him extra rest.

Judge is another soft player.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Told you so.

And Boone was telling us he pulled him early because he wanted to give him extra rest.

Judge is another soft player.
    Yo. Check your PMs.

Like I said I loved the accession of youth back in late 16. Sanchez, Bird, Judge and Sevy all emerged and quickly rose in the new Yankee youth movement.Frazier, Torres soon followed.

The problem with the kids is they all get nagging injuries.

The Core 4+ Bernie had injuries but never like these. The full potential of this new Yankee generation will seem to always fall short because of these nagging injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yo. Check your PMs.
    Ok.......

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Frazier making the most of an opportunity! Frazier is raking. He's got a homer, single and double tonight.

Frazier making the most of an opportunity! Frazier is raking. He's got a homer, single and double tonight.
    I don't like him, but he can hit. Have to give him credit for that. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity and mashes.

Also, OT, but as a mod can you please force mush to post a pic of himself. I just need to know what he looks like.
    Maybe threaten a permaban if he refuses.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 08-12-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't like him, but he can hit. Have to give him credit for that. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity and mashes.

Also, OT, but as a mod can you please force mush to post a pic of himself. I just need to know what he looks like.
    Maybe threaten a permaban if he refuses.
    I don't believe I have that authority. But for you I will ask.

I don't believe I have that authority. But for you I will ask.
    Thank you. I PMd him but he didn't respond.

Told you Frazier is a spark plug type player.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast