Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    BVW gets credit for not trading Dom like a lot of people wanted. Heís now a key piece to the lineup.

Honestly same goes for Gimenez, a lot of people wanted to deal him because we had Rosario.

This team is absolutely going to make the playoffs with the current format. Things are definitely looking up from here IMO.
    The biggest problem is still this rotation. Its going to be hard to make the playoffs with one quality SP. As much as I like what i've seen from Peterson, he's still not proven. I can't blame Brodie for Stroman opting out and Syndergaard's injury because those two things were unpredictable. This team is a lot more formidable with those guys around. It just didn't work out that way.

The Stroman deal was made specifically because the Mets had no intentions on re-signing Wheeler. More of that **** where trading off assets instead of spending money is the Wilpon way.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-14-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Honestly Iím not gonna give him A ton of credit because it was common sense lol. Unless somebody offered something significant for Dom it made no sense to trade him
    Not really common sense. Dom was blocked at 1B and was basically seen as a glorified PH. But sometimes it pays to keep your depth instead of dealing it away to address other needs.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The biggest problem is still this rotation. Its going to be hard to make the playoffs with one quality SP. As much as I like what i've seen from Peterson, he's still not proven. I can't blame Brodie for Stroman opting out and Syndergaard's injury because those two things were unpredictable. This team is a lot more formidable with those guys around. It just didn't work out that way.

The Stroman deal was made specifically because the Mets had no intentions on re-signing Wheeler. More of that **** where trading off assets instead of spending money is the Wilpon way.
    I still donít like Wheelerís deal. Iíd rather spend that money on an actual TORP like Bauer this offseason.

The rotation is a bit of a concern, but Porcello has been pitching better and I think Gsellman will prove to be solid. Iím not going to overreact over 2 innings when heís barely pitched in the last year.

Matz really needs to step up though. Wacha will be good if he can keep the ball in the ballpark.

The bullpen looks good now. Iím all-in on Diaz being back. He looks like his 2018 self, maybe better.

Matz has been terrible. I havenít liked the guy for a while, heís hardly a #5 starter at this point. I would consider moving him to the pen or trading him for something but I doubt he has much value.

Hopefully Uncle Steve buys the team and opens up his wallet. Bauer and Realmuto would be amazing additions but I think the Mets need another starter behind aside from Bauer. Definitely wouldnít mind signing a Robbie Ray or James Paxton...maybe even re-sign Porcello is he keeps up what heís doing. A rotation of DeGrom, Bauer, Paxton/Ray/Porcello, Gsellman/Lugo, and Peterson wouldnít be half bad. Szapucki and Kilomť also wouldnít be half bad people to have on board...until Syndergaard gets back, who on a bright note, will probably accept a QO next year.

The Mets as it stands, have plenty of valid options for the rotation. The problem is, all of the options are either unproven, or weaken the team by subtracting from the bullpen. A legitimate ace is necessary to backup DeGrom, the rest can be figured out another way.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I still donít like Wheelerís deal. Iíd rather spend that money on an actual TORP like Bauer this offseason.

The rotation is a bit of a concern, but Porcello has been pitching better and I think Gsellman will prove to be solid. Iím not going to overreact over 2 innings when heís barely pitched in the last year.

Matz really needs to step up though. Wacha will be good if he can keep the ball in the ballpark.

The bullpen looks good now. Iím all-in on Diaz being back. He looks like his 2018 self, maybe better.
    Matz is what he is at this point. He's a backend SP who is susceptible to the long ball. He can't pitch much worse than he is right now but even with marketable improvement, he's still a below average SP.

My problem with Porcello is they have to field a team that doesn't hit because he's a guy who relies on good defense to get hitters out. If he's getting ground balls consistently, great. If not, he's going to be in trouble because he doesn't produce many swings and misses.

I like the bullpen and the offense. The offense gets a lot of flack but they are currently the best offensive team in the NL with a 117 wRC+. Its the lack of hitting in high leverage spots that has hurt them.

The rotation still scares the **** out of me though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-14-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Not really common sense. Dom was blocked at 1B and was basically seen as a glorified PH. But sometimes it pays to keep your depth instead of dealing it away to address other needs.
    . It was common sense. It didnít sound like anybody was offering anything significant enough to trade him. So it made sense to keep him for depth

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    FoC knows because he was childhood friends with Aaron Burr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. In three on three, he was always weak going to his left.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Matz is what he is at this point. He's a backend SP who is susceptible to the long ball. He can't pitch much worse than he is right now but even with marketable improvement, he's still a below average SP.

My problem with Porcello is they have to field a team that doesn't hit because he's a guy who relies on good defense to get hitters out. If he's getting ground balls consistently, great. If not, he's going to be in trouble because he doesn't produce many swings and misses.

I like the bullpen and the offense. The offense gets a lot of flack but they are currently the best offensive team in the NL with a 117 wRC+. Its the lack of hitting in high leverage spots that has hurt them.

The rotation still scares the **** out of me though.
    Yeah Matz canít seem to keep the ball in the park. His velocity and swinging strike rate is significantly up this season though.

The situational hitting will turn around. Alonso is heating up now and Ramos canít suck forever.

Ramos just sucks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Iím glad Robby is back. DH is a good spot for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised they sent Drew Smith down instead of releasing Dozier who is unlikely to get much playing time in the infield.

Six lunging, embarrassing swings by Alonso and Smith. Absolute garbage from both of them in back to back at bats.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415