Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like I said I donít blame a player opting out for COVID but like I also said Iím not a big fan of Stroman it the initial trade. I definitely donít wa to go give him a big contract if it is Cohen. IMO Stroman hasnít proven even to warrant a bigtime commitment

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Like I said I donít blame a player opting out for COVID but like I also said Iím not a big fan of Stroman it the initial trade. I definitely donít wa to go give him a big contract if it is Cohen. IMO Stroman hasnít proven even to warrant a bigtime commitment
    The quandary is they gave up 2 good young players for him, but he is not worth overspending to keep.

What a crappy trade.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Stroman opts out

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Where are there many many cases of young healthy people getting ravaged by Covid, much less young healthy professional athletes.
    Most lay people need a test to be told they have/ had it because they feel fine.
    I know of several even in my own community. I work in hospitals. I see them front line. I get called to see them in the hospital when theyíre critically ill with covid and have widespread hematologic abnormalities that are life threatening.

I belong to physician national societies and across the nation physicians are sharing these stories.

How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    The quandary is they gave up 2 good young players for him, but he is not worth overspending to keep

Plus they lost Wheeler basically because they thought Stroman would replace him no matter what you think of the Wheeler contract it turned out to be very bad for us. But this is another reason I want a more experienced GM with a track record. Like I said I try to be fair I give Brodie credit for the drafts. I mean they still have to work out but on paper we had two strong drafts. But besides the JD Davis trades oof his deals are awful lol. Plus Iím also nervous going toward the trade deadline he will become desperate and throw away even more prospects Iím attempt to keep his job
    Last edited by JCrusher; 08-10-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I was not a big fan of that deal because of losing SWR and I believed Stroman was a mid rotation guy, not a front of the rotation guy.

But unless the Mets will spend of somebody better, I would not mind signing him.
    We need two starters because Matz has gotta go.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I read that Stroman was accruing service time on the injured list so he could be a FA after this season.

Now this decision isnít surprising. He probably planned on opting out all along, but had to secure his bag first.
    Canít blame him. Cespedes did the same thing.

Stroman is forfeiting about 3MM this year by opting out.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Plus they lost Wheeler basically because they thought Stroman would replace him no matter what you think of the Wheeler contract it turned out to be very bad for us. But this is another reason I want a more experienced GM with a track record. Like I said I try to be fair I give Brodie credit for the drafts. I mean they still have to work out but on paper we had two strong drafts. But besides the JD Davis trades oof his deals are awful lol. Plus Iím also nervous going toward the trade deadline he will become desperate and throw away even more prospects Iím attempt to keep his job
    There were people on this forum criticizing Wheeler and praising Stroman. Granted it has only been two starts but he has a 2.08 ERA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets and these owners were not going to give Wheeler 117 million.

Just was not going to happen.

Mets and these owners were not going to give Wheeler 117 million.

Just was not going to happen

I agree I knew he was a goner. Im not saying I would have loved giving him that contract but They should have resigned him a year earlier maybe for a cheaper contract maybe. Wheeler liked being here he has admitted that several tones(especially in 2015) and you can tell he was hurt when the Mats didnít even attempt to offer him anything. I think Brodue thought he was really smart with the whole Stroman trade but obviously losing Wheeler and now Stroman along with trading Kay and SWR makes him look dumb again

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I know of several even in my own community. I work in hospitals. I see them front line. I get called to see them in the hospital when theyíre critically ill with covid and have widespread hematologic abnormalities that are life threatening.

I belong to physician national societies and across the nation physicians are sharing these stories.

How about you?

Do you see young people ill with other maladies, or just Covid now that everything else has been cured?
    Again the doctors who are out there( and there are plenty) are they allowed to say kids aren't affected, or do all the docs calling for schools to open know nothing?

Were you against the riots?Are you of the thought that gatherings are bad but riots caused nothing
    Is church a killer, but a gathering of a thousand in church for George Cloyd was healthy?
    You also said the teacher out here that died with Covid while she was overweight, had Lupus and Diabetes and Asthma, so honestly I take your opinion with a grain of salt.
    Maybe you can talk down to most on here, but not me, sorry, congrats your a doctor, I respect it, but I've had a great career, so leave the condescending to the weed smokers living check to check.
    Again the data shows it doesn't adversely affect young healthy people, there are always one offs, but if you are saying this is deadly to young people you 're wrong.

If I'm part of this nonsense semi lockdown, where a reused cloth mask is saving everyone from the killer with a 99.6 recovery rate, then as I hear all the time, lets follow the science and data,.

Do any of the physicians you share stories with think school should open, and that young people aren't affected?
    Or are they not alliwed in that group
    Last edited by Bandit999; 08-11-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Yeah he needs to be frizen from making a move, this team is going nowhere this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    What a crappy trade.
    maybe not... just resign him.

I donít blame him.
    this plus 1000000.....

but yo omg these guys should just say to hell with it and risk their futures/moneys/family and their health... sick you are spot on.

basically been arguing with people in the NFL area over their stupid takes because of opt outs... i also said my peace in the stroman thread.

This trade could still be fine if you guys just resign him. Right now him opting out is something any and everyone would do right now period. There shouldnt be non bubbled sports yet here we are... even in a bubble there are risks but how can anyone complain seeing what the marlins/cards did... Gregorious for the phillies was legit scared to death after the series with the marlins and has warn a mask from day 1 because of his health complications.... nomatter how safe a player is all it takes is some bad luck and a stupid player on the other side to **** **** up... see scott kingery and what he said about how covid hurt him... and the boston guy etc.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-11-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

How about you?

had to go into the ER literally 2 nights ago because i had breathing issues... I am 35 and in great shape but in october i had multiple blood clots in my lungs including 1 very large one messing with my heart making one side strain and work twice as hard as the other side... spent 7 days in icu... had to sign myself out because i have a sick dad i take care of... long story short anytime i get severe shortness of breath i have to go to ER because i have super thick blood and history of blood clots... went and all is fine just had a severe bout of acid reflux.... talked to the nurse multiple times and over the last 2 days methodist hospital a major hospital here in philly had over 250 covid cases with more than half being young adults... several once they found out they had it tried to leave the ER with symptoms before they were stopped by security because they didnt want to stay etc..... a 102 year old woman came into the ER and basically died but not from covid... I could hear the nurses station talking about her and they went on to say they have 3 total rooms left in the hospital in non icu and micu... 3 rooms.... my nurse told me she has had next to no days off because its all hands on deck and because people are making this so much worse because if they dont see it for themselves they dont believe it.

welcome to our country

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast