Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dude youíre a clown.

This was definitely surprising. Especially considering he was rehabbing to come back and the fact that heís a rental that we traded for.

But heís doing this for his family, so I understand. I still hope we can re-sign him after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    This was definitely surprising. Especially considering he was rehabbing to come back and the fact that heís a rental that we traded for.

But heís doing this for his family, so I understand. I still hope we can re-sign him after this season.
    I think their is a strong chance they resign him.

I get it man, this **** is not something to take lightly and I donít blame him for it.

Does it suck for the Mets?

**** yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think their is a strong chance they resign him.

I get it man, this **** is not something to take lightly and I donít blame him for it.

Does it suck for the Mets?

**** yeah.
    Donít want any part of signing him. Heís pedestrian

Iím not bashing Stroman for opting out thatís his right during these uncertain times. However I Have never been a big fan of him to be honest on or off the field. Off the fields I feel he talks too much. But more than anything I was a big fans of SWR and pissed we traded him. Anyway doesnít matter anymore. Iím just happy Peterson looks like he may be a good rotation arm going forward especially if Stroman is gone

I was not a big fan of that deal because of losing SWR and I believed Stroman was a mid rotation guy, not a front of the rotation guy.

But unless the Mets will spend of somebody better, I would not mind signing him.

Iím not opposed to resigning him but not to a big deal. Especially since he opted out and was just ok in his short time here

Dude youíre a clown.
    The tolerant Left

I was not a big fan of that deal because of losing SWR and I believed Stroman was a mid rotation guy, not a front of the rotation guy.

But unless the Mets will spend of somebody better, I would not mind signing him.
    Jesus Christ I actually agree with you

Stroman opts out

Look if you donít want to take precautions for yourself thatís fine. What right do any of us have telling someone else what to do with their career or their health?

For the lay non-medical people here there are many many cases of people who were the unlucky bastards to get bad COVID and who have serious lingering health issues several months out - not clear if these will fully resolve or not. And plenty of those people were young and otherwise healthy - small percentages of huge numbers are still pretty large numbers.

Now imagine youíre a one in a million athlete playing a game where losing a mile or two of your fastball can end you - or having your reflexes or bat speed slow down by 0.2 seconds so that you can never hit another major league pitch properly again.

These guys have small windows of time to make their millions. I canít blame a single one of them for saying no thanks to this forsaken season and waiting this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

I read that Stroman was accruing service time on the injured list so he could be a FA after this season.

Now this decision isnít surprising. He probably planned on opting out all along, but had to secure his bag first.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Look if you donít want to take precautions for yourself thatís fine. What right do any of us have telling someone else what to do with their career or their health?

For the lay non-medical people here there are many many cases of people who were the unlucky bastards to get bad COVID and who have serious lingering health issues several months out - not clear if these will fully resolve or not. And plenty of those people were young and otherwise healthy - small percentages of huge numbers are still pretty large numbers.

Now imagine youíre a one in a million athlete playing a game where losing a mile or two of your fastball can end you - or having your reflexes or bat speed slow down by 0.2 seconds so that you can never hit another major league pitch properly again.

These guys have small windows of time to make their millions. I canít blame a single one of them for saying no thanks to this forsaken season and waiting this out.

Soto looks like he was ravaged by Covid.

Stroman is full of ****, he opted out because he knew coming back from the calf, if he pitched ****** it hurt his value.
    That's business, that's fine, Covid is just a convenient excuse for the woke crowd.
    Stroman runs his mouth constantly but is mediocre at best

I read that Stroman was accruing service time on the injured list so he could be a FA after this season.

Now this decision isnít surprising. He probably planned on opting out all along, but had to secure his bag first.
    Of course, it's all about money, the Covid excuse appeases the sky is falling sad sacks around

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Where are there many many cases of young healthy people getting ravaged by Covid, much less young healthy professional athletes.
    Most lay people need a test to be told they have/ had it because they feel fine.

Thatís the business side of things and teams always do things based on in that side of things so I donít blame a player if he does it too.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast