Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Do you see young people ill with other maladies, or just Covid now that everything else has been cured?
    Again the doctors who are out there( and there are plenty) are they allowed to say kids aren't affected, or do all the docs calling for schools to open know nothing?

Were you against the riots?Are you of the thought that gatherings are bad but riots caused nothing
    Is church a killer, but a gathering of a thousand in church for George Cloyd was healthy?
    You also said the teacher out here that died with Covid while she was overweight, had Lupus and Diabetes and Asthma, so honestly I take your opinion with a grain of salt.
    Maybe you can talk down to most on here, but not me, sorry, congrats your a doctor, I respect it, but I've had a great career, so leave the condescending to the weed smokers living check to check.
    Again the data shows it doesn't adversely affect young healthy people, there are always one offs, but if you are saying this is deadly to young people you 're wrong.

If I'm part of this nonsense semi lockdown, where a reused cloth mask is saving everyone from the killer with a 99.6 recovery rate, then as I hear all the time, lets follow the science and data,.

Do any of the physicians you share stories with think school should open, and that young people aren't affected?
    Or are they not alliwed in that group
    Hahahhaha Gish galloping clown. What a response!

"I've had a great career." Trump Jr over here.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post

God man , some of you guys are so obsessed with Trump that literally every topic in your lives revplves around him.

Joe once again bringing 0 to the table of any discussion he enters

Keep living check to check Joe

You are one of the people who allows themselves to be talked down to, I don't especially when I have more money than said doctor

Heeading out to go golfing, talk to you later Joe, keep grinding it out.

Congratulations on being very successful in your career. I'm happy for you - and I mean that. I have no desire nor need to talk down to you or anyone here. But since you like to discuss public health matters as if you have expertise, and you question mine, I can absolutely point out the difference in my professional opinion and your layperson's impression. The 2 are non-equivalent in matters of public health. I'm sure whatever area you have expertise in is one in which you know more than me. I'm not foolish enough to think I know more than an expert in any particular arena.

And you absolutely should take all information with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to convince you of anything - it serves no purpose to me or anyone else here. You will do what you want and believe what you want. That's your prerogative.

But let's get back to the discussion at hand, which is Stroman and other professional athletes who have decided to opt out rather than take a chance with this disease. Is Marcus Stroman's opinion about his professional career and health somehow non-valid? Is it really that hard to imagine that a professional athlete whose entire earning potential is based on peak performance and precision reflexes would feel it is more rational to sit out a few months in the middle of a pandemic that has a chance to derail his career, rather than take a risk while other teams are having outbreaks?

You can't sit here and proclaim that your opinion is valid, while simultaneously trashing Marcus Stroman for making a life and career decision based on what he feels is best for him and his family.
    Last edited by GottaBelieve; 08-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Don't worry. He's got this.

This Covid stuff is turning into the biggest hoax ever. 99.6% recovery rate and we have morons like our governor comparing it to the Spanish flu. Give me a break, the liberal left makes me sick.
    Face the facts, stroman is coming on a contract year, he was scared of hurting his value and run away. This team, this ownership all blow. Tired of it. At least I have the rangers

God man , some of you guys are so obsessed with Trump that literally every topic in your lives revplves around him.

Joe once again bringing 0 to the table of any discussion he enters
    Keep living check to check Joe

You are one of the people who allows themselves to be talked down to, I don't especially when I have more money than said doctor
    Heeading out to go golfing, talk to you later Joe, keep grinding it out.
    Living rent-free in your head definitely helps with expenses.

The Mets rotation next year is deGrom, Matz & Peterson with Noah coming off his TJS.

Kay and Dunn would have been nice.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    had to go into the ER literally 2 nights ago because i had breathing issues... I am 35 and in great shape but in october i had multiple blood clots in my lungs including 1 very large one messing with my heart making one side strain and work twice as hard as the other side... spent 7 days in icu... had to sign myself out because i have a sick dad i take care of... long story short anytime i get severe shortness of breath i have to go to ER because i have super thick blood and history of blood clots... went and all is fine just had a severe bout of acid reflux.... talked to the nurse multiple times and over the last 2 days methodist hospital a major hospital here in philly had over 250 covid cases with more than half being young adults... several once they found out they had it tried to leave the ER with symptoms before they were stopped by security because they didnt want to stay etc..... a 102 year old woman came into the ER and basically died but not from covid... I could hear the nurses station talking about her and they went on to say they have 3 total rooms left in the hospital in non icu and micu... 3 rooms.... my nurse told me she has had next to no days off because its all hands on deck and because people are making this so much worse because if they dont see it for themselves they dont believe it.

welcome to our country
    First, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. Blood clotting issues are unfortunately common. I hope you're still on blood thinners and if you're not please make sure to talk to a hematologist near you to discuss if this makes sense.

And yes, most of the cases now being diagnoses are young people. Most don't get very ill. Some do - the ones that do tend to survive now (because we now have better idea of how to manage these patients than we did when NY got hit). Some unfortunately are living with persistent lung injury due in part to pulmonary infarcts (dead lung tissue after diffuse blood clots in the pulmonary arteries). Not to get too much into the weeds but when you have dead lung tissue you develop something called a perfusion mismatch - meaning you're supplying good blood to areas of the lung that can't get oxygen. This leads to a person becoming functionally less well oxygenated and leads to a lot of health problems. It remains to be seen if this will improve fully with time.

In any case, stay safe and I hope your overall health continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Mets rotation next year is deGrom, Matz & Peterson with Noah coming off his TJS.

He's an awful GM and he has set this team back several years. We need Cohen and his money just to undo some of the damage.

Well Kilome and Szapucki are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well Kilome and Szapucki are still here.
    I believe Kilome's value is that of a reliever.

I have no idea what Szapucki is going to be.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    He's an awful GM and he has set this team back several years. We need Cohen and his money just to undo some of the damage

. Agreed. Basically the only thing Brodie is good at is drafting and even then we donít know how they will pan out. We definitely need at least 4 out of those top 6 to pan out. Allan and Ginn are the major ones obviously

I believe Kilome's value is that of a reliever.

I have no idea what Szapucki is going to be.
    Gsellman is her too and well Lugo can always get his desired file next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    . Agreed. Basically the only thing Brodie is good at is drafting and even then we donít know how they will pan out. We definitely need at least 4 out of those top 6 to pan out. Allan and Ginn are the major ones obviously
    I don't mind trading prospects but they better return young major league talent or legitimate high end talent that puts the team over the top. Otherwise you're just burning assets.

Brodie burns through these young players like Steve Phillips. No amount of drafting will overcome his instinct to dump near MLB ready prospects for crap in return.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast