Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    First, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. Blood clotting issues are unfortunately common. I hope you're still on blood thinners and if you're not please make sure to talk to a hematologist near you to discuss if this makes sense.

And yes, most of the cases now being diagnoses are young people. Most don't get very ill. Some do - the ones that do tend to survive now (because we now have better idea of how to manage these patients than we did when NY got hit). Some unfortunately are living with persistent lung injury due in part to pulmonary infarcts (dead lung tissue after diffuse blood clots in the pulmonary arteries). Not to get too much into the weeds but when you have dead lung tissue you develop something called a perfusion mismatch - meaning you're supplying good blood to areas of the lung that can't get oxygen. This leads to a person becoming functionally less well oxygenated and leads to a lot of health problems. It remains to be seen if this will improve fully with time.

In any case, stay safe and I hope your overall health continues to improve.
    yup yup.. they have me on 20mg of xeralta forever now... so all should be good.

Stroman opts out

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    had to go into the ER literally 2 nights ago because i had breathing issues... I am 35 and in great shape but in october i had multiple blood clots in my lungs including 1 very large one messing with my heart making one side strain and work twice as hard as the other side... spent 7 days in icu... had to sign myself out because i have a sick dad i take care of... long story short anytime i get severe shortness of breath i have to go to ER because i have super thick blood and history of blood clots... went and all is fine just had a severe bout of acid reflux.... talked to the nurse multiple times and over the last 2 days methodist hospital a major hospital here in philly had over 250 covid cases with more than half being young adults... several once they found out they had it tried to leave the ER with symptoms before they were stopped by security because they didnt want to stay etc..... a 102 year old woman came into the ER and basically died but not from covid... I could hear the nurses station talking about her and they went on to say they have 3 total rooms left in the hospital in non icu and micu... 3 rooms.... my nurse told me she has had next to no days off because its all hands on deck and because people are making this so much worse because if they dont see it for themselves they dont believe it.

welcome to our country
    Thatís funny one of my best friends works at the universityís hospital in Philadelphia.

She JUST told me they have 800 total beds, and only about 6-8 are currently occupied by COVID patients...and sheís a liberal, sheís not a COVID denier.

250 cases in two days, she doesnít buy it.

I donít believe your numbers. Iíll leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ghee; 08-11-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Thatís funny one of my best friends works at the universityís hospital in Philadelphia.

She JUST told me they have 800 total beds, and only about 6-8 are currently occupied by COVID patients...and sheís a liberal, sheís not a COVID denier.

Yeah. It's all a great big hoax.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    See ya next week.
    Stay safe.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

uh anyways, as far as pitching goes...

I think Kilomť would be a good starter.

Next year, I would keep Peterson in and attempt to sign at least 2 free agents...one big name and one medium name. Going after Bauer would be my top priority and maybe re-sign Stro. If not Stro, go after guys like Paxton, Robbie Ray, Quintana, Samardzija, Tanaka, etc. Guys who should cost too much but have a history of being good. In Paxton and Rayís case, guys who have been successful in the past but awful this year so their price might be down.

regardless, I think we need to replace Stroman with an equal or better talent for next year. Iím sure the rest of the rotation will be fine.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Look, I donít believe itís a hoax...but itís become an undeniably political topic where each side uses statistics they cherry pick to make it suit their argument.

Itís embarrassing how tribal our society has become.

Look, I donít believe itís a hoax...but itís become an undeniably political topic where each side uses statistics they cherry pick to make it suit their argument.

I'm with you on the tribes.

But when i hear of hospitals filling up because of Covid, I can't imagine why anyone would doubt it. I also never imagined a time when scientists would take a back seat to politicians during a pandemic.

I've exchanged thoughts with you over the years. You're obviously among the good guys, well grounded. Peace.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Here is a stat you canít cherry pick. 165k dead.

hope they dont resign him

guy faked a calf injury the day before the season so he could sit on the dl for two weeks and then opts out?

**** him

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Hereís a stat for ya,

Average age of COVID death, 78.

Average life expectancy in the US, 78.

Give it a goog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No you cherry pick the cause of those 165kk deaths.
    Perfect example, you posted a story of a 7 year old in Georgia who died of Covid.
    Except when you actually read the story the 7 year old drowned in a bathtub with Covid.
    Turn off CNN for like an hour a day.

Why is it the death rate for heart disease. Cancer, Stroke, Diabetes down in 2020?
    Could it be everything is attributed to Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    hope they dont resign him

guy faked a calf injury the day before the season so he could sit on the dl for two weeks and then opts out?

**** him
    No he's very concerned for the virus that has a 99.6 recovery rate.
    I'm told this deadly killer can be stopped though by a ****** clothe mask with a string attached to it.
    Soto just hit a ball 500 feet, can't believe he aurvived the killer he had to be told he had

Hereís a stat for ya,

Average age of COVID death, 78.

Average life expectancy in the US, 78.

Give it a goog.

I don't know what Sick is worried about.

A ****** cloth mask with a string cures everything.

You ever see the mask a guy working with asbestos uses, and compare to the mask for this deadly killer, that most never know they have/ had.

You 'll never make sense to Sick, CNN tells him to be scared and he complies

aa

14. 08-12-2020, 07:48 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Trolling

15. 08-12-2020, 07:59 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Trolling

why would a nurse lie to me? and why would the nursing station say they have 3 rooms left exactly? who are they trying to impress? I am sure you could actually call and see if there are beds at methodist for patients and they would give you the numbers so you can decide if a person wants to go there... i have 2 neighbors on my block that work at the university of pennsylvania and will let you know how true this is considering i live right inbetween both methodist and pennsylvania hospital down by passyunk ave.

i mean again... you could just call methodist hospital yourself

hell i hope they were playing the ******** card but fun note there were people in beds outside of rooms in the ER as well

There was also 90 new cases today alone . the hospital is full of people with diseases/coronoa/flu etc...... its insanity.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-13-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast