Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

China Sanctions Cruz, Rubio and others

Hereís something I donít get to say often: Nice work Rubio and Cruz! Love it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/polit...ith/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hereís something I donít get to say often: Nice work Rubio and Cruz! Love it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/polit...ith/index.html

I will begrudgingly even give <gulp> Tom Cotton a kudos... BUt I still hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

What does sanctioning them actually entail? That none of these guys can get a peddlerís license in Bejing?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    What does sanctioning them actually entail? That none of these guys can get a peddlerís license in Bejing?
    Yep. That privilege is reserved for Ivanka Trump.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

If they have no plan to travel there and have no assets there, it entails exactly zip
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If they have no plan to travel there and have no assets there, it entails exactly zip
    Likelihood of no assets or investments that would be impacted is slim but who knows. But congressmen often travel and work out policy directly with other countries so it could impact some workflow.

Can someone remind me why anyone cares?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Well orchestrated on their part. Nothing but political gold for the likes of these guys ó gonna play big back home in Peoria (Xiís gotta know this, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    No idea. It is something of a brownie point for them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

China is a threat or downright unethical on many levels. Their currency might very well replace the dollar in global markets.

Their abuse and imprisonment of the Uyghurs is looking eerily similar to Nazis and Jews.

Their shady tech tactics and espionage is a threat to US businesses and security.

Their attempts to interfere in our elections are on or with Russia.

Their environmental and labor abuses are disgusting.

And of course, their abuse of people in Hong Kong and anti democratic tactics are atrocious.

So Rubio, Cruz and others standing against that and being sanctioned for it is a badge of honor IMO. Itís nice to see them fight them a bit.

We should care very much about China right now. British imperialism faded and US dominated. Our imperialism is now fading and China is a clear leader.

Well orchestrated on their part. Nothing but political gold for the likes of these guys ó gonna play big back home in Peoria (Xiís gotta know this, right?).
    Thereís a lot of conflicting info right now. It began with some intelligence showing China interfering with elections in the way Russia did and working against Trump. Additionally, if you look at a map of where Chinas tariffs effected the US, it was identical to a map of red districts.

Both parties have a history of inaction against China. Trump hasnít had the best strategy, but heís the first to make an attempt so it seems China would favor any establishment politician (Biden or Rubio the same) over an unpredictable Trump.

But Iíve also heard that they feel itís all a show that benefits both leaders equally. They both claim a tariff war. Both pull back to an agreement that is no different than before and both claim victory. Win win.

Who knows

Thereís a lot of conflicting info right now. It began with some intelligence showing China interfering with elections in the way Russia did and working against Trump. Additionally, if you look at a map of where Chinas tariffs effected the US, it was identical to a map of red districts.

Both parties have a history of inaction against China. Trump hasnít had the best strategy, but heís the first to make an attempt so it seems China would favor any establishment politician (Biden or Rubio the same) over an unpredictable Trump.

But Iíve also heard that they feel itís all a show that benefits both leaders equally. They both claim a tariff war. Both pull back to an agreement that is no different than before and both claim victory. Win win.

Who knows
    Not I. But until I do, I elect to remain skeptical.

China is a threat or downright unethical on many levels. Their currency might very well replace the dollar in global markets.

Their abuse and imprisonment of the Uyghurs is looking eerily similar to Nazis and Jews.

Their shady tech tactics and espionage is a threat to US businesses and security.

Their attempts to interfere in our elections are on or with Russia.

Their environmental and labor abuses are disgusting.

And of course, their abuse of people in Hong Kong and anti democratic tactics are atrocious.

So Rubio, Cruz and others standing against that and being sanctioned for it is a badge of honor IMO. Itís nice to see them fight them a bit.

We should care very much about China right now. British imperialism faded and US dominated. Our imperialism is now fading and China is a clear leader.
    I was being sarcastic. Liberals have been telling me for years that China is a made up boogeyman.

In hindsight, my sarcasm was clearly not evident.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I was being sarcastic. Liberals have been telling me for years that China is a made up boogeyman.

I just figured with that avatar, sarcasm was assumed until proven otherwise
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I mean, if we're gonna be calling other countries boogeymen that's kinda ridiculous because the US is right there with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast