Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

6 54.55%
  • Kobe Bryant

1 9.09%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

1 9.09%
  • Charles Barkley

1 9.09%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 9.09%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

1 9.09%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The list is pretty laughable, if I'm being honest. At this point, I'm simply waiting to see just how much more outlandish this list becomes. Goes to show what happens when people base their opinions on numbers that they don't really understand. This outcome mimics research on decision making, which shows that the more information that people get, the poorer decisions they make. The reason is that we don't know how to weight those numbers appropriately and end up focusing on things that don't actually matter. This is the reason why gambling sites make a ton of information available to people, because the more they give us and the more information we have the more likely we are to make poor choices.
    You think we voted Russell in cuz of his numbers? Lmfao man you really don't understand nba math do ya. Gambling sites actually covet their numbers, they don't share the important stuff one iota, I've taken advantage of this in the days before they caught up to the statistical revolution. And the lines are affected by popular choices too

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You think we voted Russell in cuz of his numbers? Lmfao man you really don't understand nba math do ya. Gambling sites actually covet their numbers, they don't share the important stuff one iota, I've taken advantage of this in the days before they caught up to the statistical revolution. And the lines are affected by popular choices too
    I'm not referencing a specific selection (specifically Russ), but the list as a whole. This list is pretty shameful and yes, I think the reason for that is because of what some of you guys are looking at in making your selections. The data on this is pretty clear (and no this isn't correlational data, but data that is actually meaningful and derived from scientific studies) and it shows that giving people more information almost always leads to poorer decisions and that is what is occurring here.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 08-13-2020 at 09:06 PM.

The list is pretty laughable, if I'm being honest. At this point, I'm simply waiting to see just how much more outlandish this list becomes. Goes to show what happens when people base their opinions on numbers that they don't really understand. This outcome mimics research on decision making, which shows that the more information that people get, the poorer decisions they make. The reason is that we don't know how to weight those numbers appropriately and end up focusing on things that don't actually matter. This is the reason why gambling sites make a ton of information available to people, because the more they give us and the more information we have the more likely we are to make poor choices.
    This comment is 100% because of where LeBron and Kobe are ranked.
    Last edited by valade16; 08-13-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This comment is 100% because of where LeBron and Kobe are ranked.
    No, almost entirely because who is listed ahead of kobe, as well as various other greats. Although the LBJ ranking was very predictable based on this being PSD, which basically echoes whatever ESPN says most of the time, at least when it comes to LBJ.

No, almost entirely because who is listed ahead of kobe, as well as various other greats. Although the LBJ ranking was very predictable based on this being PSD, which basically echoes whatever ESPN says most of the time, at least when it comes to LBJ.
    So it's not Kobe's ranking, it's just everyone else's in relation to where Kobe is

Well it's not just ESPN, it's basically everyone but the players who played with Kobe or grew up admiring him.

Though, if PSD simply parrots ESPN we're doing it wrong since this list is vastly different than ESPN's...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So it's not Kobe's ranking, it's just everyone else's in relation to where Kobe is

Well it's not just ESPN, it's basically everyone but the players who played with Kobe or grew up admiring him.

Though, if PSD simply parrots ESPN we're doing it wrong since this list is vastly different than ESPN's...
    No, as I said, it's where guys are ranked in relation to kobe as well as where they are ranked in relation to various other former stars (I referenced kobe because you mentioned kobe). It's not just the players who played with kobe (although that says a ton given that your peers are probably the most reliable source), it's also former player who did not play with kobe. It's generally former players, regardless of whether or not they played with kobe. But again, my response isn't specific to Kobe's ranking. Curry, KD, and KL do not really belong on this list, with or without kobe.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 08-13-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Well it was only a matter of time before big moves came in here with his bias and lebron hate all while speaking about something he has no clue about... its not worth it guys trust me.

i demand iverson be top 5 because its where players had him ranked including tmac/shaq etc

these players played the game and thus know the sport even though most players are in all actuality dumb when it comes to measuring players etc.

No, as I said, it's where guys are ranked in relation to kobe as well as where they are ranked in relation to various other former stars (I referenced kobe because you mentioned kobe). It's not just the players who played with kobe (although that says a ton given that your peers are probably the most reliable source), it's also former player who did not play with kobe. It's generally former players, regardless of whether or not they played with kobe. But again, my response isn't specific to Kobe's ranking. Curry, KD, and KL do not really belong on this list, with or without kobe.
    LeBrons peak is better than Kobes. Worlds better, itís not even close. Even most kobe fans see this. Get your head out of your ***.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Yep, it was discussed in the previous thread, and Kobe won by a pretty wide margin...don't forget to mention that part. The massive majority picked kobe
    You werenít in that discussion but itís funny, youíre saying majority picked Kobe and here we are in the very thread Wade destroyed Kobe in peak voting lmao!!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

I'm not referencing a specific selection (specifically Russ), but the list as a whole. This list is pretty shameful and yes, I think the reason for that is because of what some of you guys are looking at in making your selections. The data on this is pretty clear (and no this isn't correlational data, but data that is actually meaningful and derived from scientific studies) and it shows that giving people more information almost always leads to poorer decisions and that is what is occurring here.
    Feel free to point out which legendary players u want to **** on

Not gonna get into gambling with u, ur liberal use of the word favorite still leaves a bad stench for me

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You werenít in that discussion but itís funny, youíre saying majority picked Kobe and here we are in the very thread Wade destroyed Kobe in peak voting lmao!!
    Umm, yeah because most people aren't voting in this thread. There was a specific thread comparing peak kobe, peak Wade, and peak tmac. That was the specific title of the thread and so people went in there to vote on that specifically. Kobe won that vote (and the people who posted and took a position on that thread was far larger than the number who voted on Wade being #15 here; e.g., there were more votes for kobe than total votes in this #15 thread, I think). A lot of those posters didnt bother voting here (I sure didn't). I think kobe had something like 15 votes or something, more than the total votes here lol (so yeah, the votes on that thread easily trump whatever people voted for here in terms of kobe vs. wade). Those are facts. You left that thread crying because Kobe came close to if not doubled the number of votes over Wade (and this is all true and well documented).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 08-14-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Feel free to point out which legendary players u want to **** on

Not gonna get into gambling with u, ur liberal use of the word favorite still leaves a bad stench for me
    Curry, KD, KL, and Moses Malone are ranked way too high here.

Lol it's funny that you keep referencing how I used favorite. I acknowledged multiple times that I misspoke, because I was going off of memory from over 20 years ago so not really sure why you continue to bring this up. Calling basketball is actually pretty easy and actually works best when taking the less is more approach (i.e., pick 2-3 factors that are highly predictive and use those to pick games; I have several models that do relatively well and in the past I have posted nightly predictions for each game in the league. I did this because I was getting flak over saying how easy it was to pick games. After about a week of nightly predictions not too many posters (i.e., no one) had anything to say). However, picking basketball doesn't really require understanding the game, I actually avoid any thought about it at all when picking games. Covering a spread however is a lot more challenging and my models admittedly don't do nearly as well in those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    LeBrons peak is better than Kobes. Worlds better, itís not even close. Even most kobe fans see this. Get your head out of your ***.
    Umm, yeah you clearly don't know what most kobe fans think/believe. Their mutual peers and teammates have picked kobe (including Wade and Bosh) so this isn't as cut and dry as you would think. You also don't understand the numbers you're so fond of. As I've pointed out many times, but maybe you don't really understand the reason behind this, the differences between kobe and LBJ are minuscule when you translate them to the actual game in terms of what the differences are. This isn't really arguable either. For instance, LBJ's biggest advantage over kobe is probably his efficiency in scoring and when this is translated to the game, it amounts to kobe missing about a half shot more than LBJ per game (not even a full shot). That's a very tiny difference for a single game and allows for a ton of other factors to easily make up for that. At any rate, it's all in the math if you actually bother examining what those numbers translate to in a game (but you clearly haven't done that).

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i demand iverson be top 5 because its where players had him ranked including tmac/shaq etc

these players played the game and thus know the sport even though most players are in all actuality dumb when it comes to measuring players etc.
    You are one of the worst posters on here man. You rarely have anything substantial to post or have any ideas that you put out there. Typically you simply mock other posters and say random things with very little logical backing or explanation and then cowardly flee when those things don't pan out (like when you said the season was over, remember that and then you weren't man enough to own up to it despite multiple posters calling you out; yeah that's kind of cowardice dude).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast