Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Don't wish injuries on anyone but I am glad he is out of the lineup. He is a rally killing machine. Takes robotic swings hoping the ball is pitched in a spot he likes. Strikes out like he is getting a bonus for it. Then the camera shows him in the dugout with confused look on his face.
    Occasional 800' home run at 200 m.p.h. does nothing for me. Now we are stuck with him and his gigantic salary. He is Ellsbury's perrenial DL honorary replacement.
    Maybe he will be available to pinch hit in a final W.S. or playoff game. And strike out of course.
    Yeah, he's Ellsbury's replacement. That was the whole point trading for him. You don't just lose Ellsbury and then do nothing to replace his seat on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I thought Stanton would have a very good/great season this year before all the madness ensued.
    He was on a tear to start the season. I thought the Yankees would get a couple more really productive years and then he'd fall into, well, what he falling into now. a big bodied, 30+ athlete who is starting to break down.
    I still think he has flashes and I still think he could make it through a whole season but I also think, this is the start of the downfall.
    So we got him for 10 years

Year 1 happy with his production
    Year 2 never saw him
    Year 3 quick start and now out half of the season(60 game garbage season but even this year is half of 60)again!

I still think he will give us 4 great seasons with the other 6 like last year and this year.

Hopefully he has healthy Octobers as that would erase a lot of issues with him.

Hell ARod gave us great regular seasons and helped us get to Oct games.

Now after 2009 it was a joke but from
    2004-2009 I liked ARod.....Stanton canít even give us great seasons for his first 5 as he can never be in the freaking lineup!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-12-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So we got him for 10 years

Year 1 happy with his production
    Year 2 never saw him
    Year 3 quick start and now out half of the season(60 game garbage season but even this year is half of 60)again!

I still think he will give us 4 great seasons with the other 6 like last year and this year.

Hopefully he has healthy Octobers as that would erase a lot of issues with him.

Hell ARod gave us great regular seasons and helped us get to Oct games.

Now after 2009 it was a joke but from
    2004-2009 I liked ARod.....Stanton canít even give us great seasons for his first 5 as he can never be in the freaking lineup!

4 great seasons total? I think it's possible. 4 more? mmmm. I doubt it.

Ignorance is bliss

Being out for 2 seasons in a row at the very beginning of each season, when a player's body hasn't even gone through the wear and tear of a full season yet, is a sign Stanton is unlikely to ever be healthy again. There is a possibility Stanton may be at the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Being out for 2 seasons in a row at the very beginning of each season, when a player's body hasn't even gone through the wear and tear of a full season yet, is a sign Stanton is unlikely to ever be healthy again. There is a possibility Stanton may be at the end of his career.
    I wouldn't go that far but I do think he is likely at his peak but since always injured, we won't see the player he is.
    I do agree that he will decline after the next couple years. So I would not say, he's near the end but he is on the back 9

Ignorance is bliss

I wouldn't go that far but I do think he is likely at his peak but since always injured, we won't see the player he is.
    I do agree that he will decline after the next couple years. So I would not say, he's near the end but he is on the back 9
    It's the beginning of the end unless stanton goes on some special regiment for his legs, which he's constantly injuring simply sliding or rounding the bases now. How can he continue on like this? He can't. He's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's the beginning of the end unless stanton goes on some special regiment for his legs, which he's constantly injuring simply sliding or rounding the bases now. How can he continue on like this? He can't. He's finished.
    I agree about it being the beginning of the end. I think where we differ is the slope of the hill.

Ignorance is bliss

4 great seasons total? I think it's possible. 4 more? mmmm. I doubt it.
    I was thinking 3 more good seasons in the next 7 years but scattered.

2018 was acceptable to me.

Oct is a crapshoot with all players. Some years are good and some are poor.

ARod had a torrid postseason in 2004 up to Game 4 in the ALCS.... He was ripping the cover off of the ball. Then came Game 4 vs Boston and he was a failure after that every year until 2009.

I think the collapse put enormous pressure on ARod to carry the team in Oct and it just didnít happen. Oct 2009 he got hot in first Postseason Series and then never stopped.

Big Mike will be the same if he stays all 10.

ARod had a torrid postseason in 2004 up to Game 4 in the ALCS.... He was ripping the cover off of the ball. Then came Game 4 vs Boston and he was a failure after that every year until 2009.

I think the collapse put enormous pressure on ARod to carry the team in Oct and it just didnít happen. Oct 2009 he got hot in first Postseason Series and then never stopped.

Agreed.

Ignorance is bliss

Stanton will go out like arod , he will retire before his contract is up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123