Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Frazier or Andujar in LF would be a highlight reel. Tauchman in CF works.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Frazier or Andujar in LF would be a highlight reel. Tauchman in CF works.
    With the 2017 magic all but gone what does the next crop of players look like?

Judge is the only one that is producing.

It might be time to trade Sevy, Torres, Sanchez, Frazier and Andujar and start over again with the next crop.

Everybody was saying the kids from 2017-2018 were going to be like the Dynasty Core 4+ Bernie were wrong.

Torres, Sanchez, Andjuar can’t hit anymore. Sevy is probably finished as a possible ace, Bird is long gone. Betances is gone. Frazier never gets a chance.

What a totally disaster that is starting to unfold.

Then add in the trades with Stanton, Hicks, Paxton and Happ and you have a roster that is in disarray.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-11-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Andujar can't hit anymore?

How do we know? He hasn't played.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I knew he was in trouble when he could have played the field and they went with somebody else. Then he was shipped out....

He is gone for sure IMO!

Cashman has to use him and or Frazier for trade chips.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I knew he was in trouble when he could have played the field and they went with somebody else. Then he was shipped out....

He is gone for sure IMO!

Cashman has to use him and or Frazier for trade chips.
    I agree with you on this, however you need to showcase the talent! Both should be playing. Andujar can hit, no question. Frazier has blinding bat speed and can hit. They need to show the rest of the league.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

And to think Torres can't hit is total nonsense. Obviously there's a screw loose somewhere.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Torres can't either. He was elite last year and 2018, but 3 bad weeks to start 2020 means he's clearly finished too

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Torres can't either. He was elite last year and 2018, but 3 bad weeks to start 2020 means he's clearly finished too
    Scrub.... and he sucks at SS. Trade his *** asap.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Scrub.... and he sucks at SS. Trade his *** asap.
    I'd just DFA him. Not worth the hassle of trying to find a trade partner. Nobody would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd just DFA him. Not worth the hassle of trying to find a trade partner. Nobody would want him.
    You might be right. Might be a very difficult sell at the very least.

This team needs more handsome guys. Now there is a fundamental quality that every BB player needs. You know good hair, nice smile, good teeth the things that matter on the field.

With his Marlins injury history right there to see why in hell did Cashman think it would all stop with him coming to the Yankees or even take the risk no matter much money Jeter was talking off the total contract?

The guy has talent with the bat no doubt but the up and down injuries just take a toll on the team. Of course Judge and Stanton look great in the lineup but how often are they both in the lineup together?

I hope after this 2020 season Cashman tries to trade Stanton to a team of his liking and get whatever piss poor low level minor leaguer they can get. And have Hal take on some of the salary as well to make it more attractive. But enough is enough!

Day, as you can see again Stanton is not worth it. I know you like the Judge/Stanton combo but it is never going to work out because of these injuries.
    Mush i loved the trade at the time and i thought he had a very solid 2018. I have since started to agree with the idea its going to be extremely difficult for us to win with Stanton, Judge, Sanchez, Voit and all those k's in the market,

I'd love to see Stanton get trade even if we had to kick in some cash to get it done

With his Marlins injury history right there to see why in hell did Cashman think it would all stop with him coming to the Yankees or even take the risk no matter much money Jeter was talking off the total contract?

The guy has talent with the bat no doubt but the up and down injuries just take a toll on the team. Of course Judge and Stanton look great in the lineup but how often are they both in the lineup together?

I hope after this 2020 season Cashman tries to trade Stanton to a team of his liking and get whatever piss poor low level minor leaguer they can get. And have Hal take on some of the salary as well to make it more attractive. But enough is enough!

Day, as you can see again Stanton is not worth it. I know you like the Judge/Stanton combo but it is never going to work out because of these injuries.
    Don't wish injuries on anyone but I am glad he is out of the lineup. He is a rally killing machine. Takes robotic swings hoping the ball is pitched in a spot he likes. Strikes out like he is getting a bonus for it. Then the camera shows him in the dugout with confused look on his face.
    Occasional 800' home run at 200 m.p.h. does nothing for me. Now we are stuck with him and his gigantic salary. He is Ellsbury's perrenial DL honorary replacement.
    Maybe he will be available to pinch hit in a final W.S. or playoff game. And strike out of course.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Don't wish injuries on anyone but I am glad he is out of the lineup. He is a rally killing machine. Takes robotic swings hoping the ball is pitched in a spot he likes. Strikes out like he is getting a bonus for it. Then the camera shows him in the dugout with confused look on his face.
    Occasional 800' home run at 200 m.p.h. does nothing for me. Now we are stuck with him and his gigantic salary. He is Ellsbury's perrenial DL honorary replacement.
    Maybe he will be available to pinch hit in a final W.S. or playoff game. And strike out of course.
    why in the hell would u want a guy who is hitting 293/.453/1.038 out of the line up . This isn't a guy whos hitting under .100 . This is someone who is off to an impressive start, wanting him out of the lineup is a bit confusing at best

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    why in the hell would u want a guy who is hitting 293/.453/1.038 out of the line up . This isn't a guy whos hitting under .100 . This is someone who is off to an impressive start, wanting him out of the lineup is a bit confusing at best
    I have never questioned his hitting talent. I can live with the K’s as long as he can drive in 100+ every year. But he can’t do that year in year out because he doesn’t play enough. That is my only issue with him. His injury history.

And then we have Dr and 28 telling me about his Marlins injury history was because of being hit in the face.

WhT about the other seasons? Oh, those don’t count?

Look, I get it, he has great potential.

But this is that Geico commercial with Big Mike sitting and listening to the pep talk and then putting his head down when the poor guy looks around the room looking for worlds of potential.

Again, give us full seasons of christ sakes!

Or give us enough games to drive in 100+

I mean, look at 2020!

AGAIN we get teased by this guy.

Remember in Game 1 of the ALCS vs the Stros last year when he hit that HR and the confidence that was rising with everybody after that game? Then at 4pm the next day, 3 hours prior to first pitch the Yankees announce that Stanton is injured and won’t play.

The same in 2020, he is off to a great start and then he another freaking injury.

A freaking tease. He is that girlfriend that always lets you down.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-12-2020 at 06:42 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I thought Stanton would have a very good/great season this year before all the madness ensued.
    He was on a tear to start the season. I thought the Yankees would get a couple more really productive years and then he'd fall into, well, what he falling into now. a big bodied, 30+ athlete who is starting to break down.
    I still think he has flashes and I still think he could make it through a whole season but I also think, this is the start of the downfall.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast