Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Stanton injury

With his Marlins injury history right there to see why in hell did Cashman think it would all stop with him coming to the Yankees or even take the risk no matter much money Jeter was talking off the total contract?

The guy has talent with the bat no doubt but the up and down injuries just take a toll on the team. Of course Judge and Stanton look great in the lineup but how often are they both in the lineup together?

I hope after this 2020 season Cashman tries to trade Stanton to a team of his liking and get whatever piss poor low level minor leaguer they can get. And have Hal take on some of the salary as well to make it more attractive. But enough is enough!

Day, as you can see again Stanton is not worth it. I know you like the Judge/Stanton combo but it is never going to work out because of these injuries.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    With his Marlins injury history right there to see why in hell did Cashman think it would all stop with him coming to the Yankees or even take the risk no matter much money Jeter was talking off the total contract?

The guy has talent with the bat no doubt but the up and down injuries just take a toll on the team. Of course Judge and Stanton look great in the lineup but how often are they both in the lineup together?

I hope after this 2020 season Cashman tries to trade Stanton to a team of his liking and get whatever piss poor low level minor leaguer they can get. And have Hal take on some of the salary as well to make it more attractive. But enough is enough!

Day, as you can see again Stanton is not worth it. I know you like the Judge/Stanton combo but it is never going to work out because of these injuries.
    In fairness Nick, two of the major ones were a pitch to the face and a pitch that hit his hand/wrist, outside his control.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Stanton isn't going anywhere. He has an NTC.
    He and Judge are a great combo if we didn't have Voit, Sanchez and Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes. You were wrong. Even if we'd been swept by the jays but won out the rest, we would have been in.
    So the Jays, while important were never the games that decided if we got into the playoffs or not.

Noice try on trying to change the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Way to change my words , I never said those games would decide if they made the playoffs or not , .
    Except

How they do vs Toronto will determine if they make the playoffs or not

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    In fairness Nick, two of the major ones were a pitch to the face and a pitch that hit his hand/wrist, outside his control.
    last year it was his legs and now again his legs..the man looks more buff this year then he did last...he is a injury waiting to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    last year it was his legs and now again his legs..the man looks more buff this year then he did last...he is a injury waiting to happen..
    ?
    He looks noticeably slimmer and in shape this year lol

Stanton isn't going anywhere. He has an NTC.
    He and Judge are a great combo if we didn't have Voit, Sanchez and Hicks
    So a NTC ALWAYS stops a future trade?

Come on. Ask him where his injured riddle body wants to go and just send that team $50 million as well and end the madness with this guy.

NTC is a poor excuse as I can name 100s of past trades with NTC clauses...you know how it works Clown.

All they need to do is find willing partner and have him wanting to go to that team and bingo he is gone!

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    ?
    He looks noticeably slimmer and in shape this year lol
    I shape yes. But his body always seems to get injuries. His body is not made to play 140-150, only 110.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So a NTC ALWAYS stops a future trade?

Come on. Ask him where his injured riddle body wants to go and just send that team $50 million as well and end the madness with this guy.

NTC is a poor excuse as I can name 100s of past trades with NTC clauses...you know how it works Clown.

All they need to do is find willing partner and have him wanting to go to that team and bingo he is gone!
    The bolded is the key. What if he says, "I love it here and I want to stay"?
    Or what if he gives you 2 teams and neither want him? Or one wants him but because they know the Yankees need to move him, they have them over a barrel and offer a piss poor deal?

I'm with you. I want him gone, gone, gone. IT just won't be as easy as you believe it will be.

Yes. You were wrong. Even if we'd been swept by the jays but won out the rest, we would have been in.
    So the Jays, while important were never the games that decided if we got into the playoffs or not.

Way to change my words , I never said those games would decide if they made the playoffs or not , .
    Except

9. 08-10-2020, 08:29 AM

The bolded is the key. What if he says, "I love it here and I want to stay"?
    Or what if he gives you 2 teams and neither want him? Or one wants him but because they know the Yankees need to move him, they have them over a barrel and offer a piss poor deal?

I'm with you. I want him gone, gone, gone. IT just won't be as easy as you believe it will be.
    I agree. That contract is bear few want to contend with, add the injuries and Yanks have an anchor not easily shed.

How much do you feel Yanks would have to eat to move him?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

I agree. That contract is bear few want to contend with, add the injuries and Yanks have an anchor not easily shed.

How much do you feel Yanks would have to eat to move him?
    At least half. He;'s on the wrong side of 30, so even if it's untrue, it will be presume that his injuries will only increase and his productivity will decrease.

From a financial perspective, you have to ask, is he worth 10-12 mil a year for what he is? Because that is likely what you will pay to have someone else put him on the field.
    If you believe he is, then you keep him. What I mean is that, you are paying 10-12 mil for him to play elsewhere, if you just chalked up that loss as part of the product, you are still paying him 10-12 to play for you.

I don't believe he is worth that to the yankees. Again, It's not ability. It's style of play and redundancy.

Except

At least half. He;'s on the wrong side of 30, so even if it's untrue, it will be presume that his injuries will only increase and his productivity will decrease.

From a financial perspective, you have to ask, is he worth 10-12 mil a year for what he is? Because that is likely what you will pay to have someone else put him on the field.
    If you believe he is, then you keep him. What I mean is that, you are paying 10-12 mil for him to play elsewhere, if you just chalked up that loss as part of the product, you are still paying him 10-12 to play for you.

I don't believe he is worth that to the yankees. Again, It's not ability. It's style of play and redundancy.
    Therein lies the dilemma. I think as a DH / part time OFer he is worth that to the Yanks. We can argue about the redundancy, which btw, I don't totally disagree, I feel other players have help mitigate compared to seasons past. From my pov you want power in the 3-4-5 spot. Judge in the 2 is debatable.

Honestly clown, I have said it previously, I wouldn't shed a tear if they found a fish to take Stanton's contract. In the meantime Yanks need to make the best of the situ.

Therein lies the dilemma. I think as a DH / part time OFer he is worth that to the Yanks. We can argue about the redundancy, which btw, I don't totally disagree, I feel other players have help mitigate compared to seasons past. From my pov you want power in the 3-4-5 spot. Judge in the 2 is debatable.

Honestly clown, I have said it previously, I wouldn't shed a tear if they found a fish to take Stanton's contract. In the meantime Yanks need to make the best of the situ.
    Doc, I just think two of Voit, Stanton, Sanchez, Judge and Hicks, need to go. The remaining 3 will have much better value, provided of course they are replaced with good hitters

Except

Doc, I just think two of Voit, Stanton, Sanchez, Judge and Hicks, need to go. The remaining 3 will have much better value, provided of course they are replaced with good hitters
    Of those mentioned who is expendable other than Stanton and that's debatable. His contract sucks, but he is an above average DH. In Stanton's lone full season in pinstripes – back in 2018 – the reigning NL MVP at the time played in 158 games, hit 38 homers and drove in 100 runs. Considering the barrage of criticism he's received in the last 12 months – often justified courtesy of his inability to stay on the field a year ago – he's entering this season as one of the club's most underrated assets. He was at his best when penciled in as the Yanks' DH. The slugger mashed 24 HR's, compiled 60 RBI, had a .284 average (six points off his single-season best) and an OPS of .942. Stanton had 164 hits in 2018 – four shy of matching his total during his MVP season in 2017. With a universal DH this season his value increases, imo.

I prefer Voit at 1B and keeping DJ's GG at 2B. Would you rather have Ford full time? Hicks is the starting CFer. Sanchez? If he could be replaced with a better defensive catcher I'm on board. Judge? Face of the franchise and one of the best at his position, cannon arm and speed for his size.

I completely understand your criticism and argument. The Yanks as constructed are too one dimensional. I disagree. You need power in the middle of a line up. Yes they K too often, all power hitters suffer from the same malady. Again, imo the addition of DJ, Tauchman and the maturing of Gio and Torres adds the balance they lacked.

Earl Weaver preached his prescription for winning: “pitching and three-run homers.” He explained, “Pitching keeps you in the games. Home runs win the game.”

Of those mentioned who is expendable other than Stanton and that's debatable. His contract sucks, but he is an above average DH. In Stanton's lone full season in pinstripes – back in 2018 – the reigning NL MVP at the time played in 158 games, hit 38 homers and drove in 100 runs. Considering the barrage of criticism he's received in the last 12 months – often justified courtesy of his inability to stay on the field a year ago – he's entering this season as one of the club's most underrated assets. He was at his best when penciled in as the Yanks' DH. The slugger mashed 24 HR's, compiled 60 RBI, had a .284 average (six points off his single-season best) and an OPS of .942. Stanton had 164 hits in 2018 – four shy of matching his total during his MVP season in 2017. With a universal DH this season his value increases, imo.

I prefer Voit at 1B and keeping DJ's GG at 2B. Would you rather have Ford full time? Hicks is the starting CFer. Sanchez? If he could be replaced with a better defensive catcher I'm on board. Judge? Face of the franchise and one of the best at his position, cannon arm and speed for his size.

I completely understand your criticism and argument. The Yanks as constructed are too one dimensional. I disagree. You need power in the middle of a line up. Yes they K too often, all power hitters suffer from the same malady. Again, imo the addition of DJ, Tauchman and the maturing of Gio and Torres adds the balance they lacked.

Earl Weaver preached his prescription for winning: “pitching and three-run homers.” He explained, “Pitching keeps you in the games. Home runs win the game.”
    I'm not anti homer by any means. I'm anti, swing for one in all at bats and in all situations.

I would much rather have Judge than any of the above. I like his style of play. I like his attitude. I am ok with have a couple guys who are for the most part, all or nothing hitters. (Judge has shown he can be better than that but he falls back into a long, hr swing.)

For Voit, I now changed gears and instead of lindor, I want to pursue Rizzo. Alls star at first. Great lefty bat. low k rate. hits Hrs. DJ-Judge-Rizzo-Torres-Stanton-Hicks-Gary-GIo-Tauchman- That to me is a far more round lineup. Rizzo extends everything. Pipe dream? most likely but that's the kind of First baseman I would love to get

Hicks is concerning. His K rate has skyrocketed the last 2 seasons. I still think he's the starter as a stop gap. I know what the stats say about him. I think he's a very good CF. He can't stay on the field. I would love to see Tauchman in CF and Frazier/ Andujar in LF

Except

How about Yanks throw caution to the wind, Lindor AND Rizzo! A George move channeled from beyond!

I do agree, great lefty bat that would do well at the stadium. Exceptional glove.

So in essence, Rizzo replaces Voit. Major upgrade. Are they less likely to be homer happy with Rizzo? I do get the point, you are replacing a swing and miss going for the fence bat with a more consistent contact bat. I guess I am more willing to live with the K's in exchange for the long ball. I do sense Judge is becoming more of a situational hitter. Nothing more depleting than swinging for the fence when a line drive wins the game. I get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast