Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    THe one thing we have to be wary of is if the Rockets catch the Nuggets for that 3rd seed. Then yes, the Nuggets would be part of that 4-5 bracket and face us in the 2nd round. BUt then you have the Rockets facing the Clippers in the 2nd round too.

Man, so much can happen in the next 4 days.

And we still don't even know our first round opponent!
    But still Denver is no threat for any top 4 seed

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    But still Denver is no threat for any top 4 seed
    I agree with that sentiment

I'd rather they fall to the 4th and I don't mind facing them in the 2nd round.

Let the Rockets and Clips duke it out in the 2nd round.

Clippers will dispatch of the Nuggets before they even face us.
    Never said I was worried about Denver, just pointing out the lack of fear other teams show us. Aren't we the ones who gots the #1 seed locked up? Shouldn't it be us resting our stars for the post season? It was obvious that Denver didn't care about that win with them resting their 3 best players the entire 4th quarter and we got LBJ & AD going for 38 mins each. Why was the win so important to us? You keep pointing out how these next few days are important for seedlings (I agree) but it's seems the Lakers (more then any other team) are trying to manipulate the seedings with their extra unnecessary effort last night.

Bs!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Bs!
    You saying we don't have the #1 seed locked up? AD & LBJ didn't play 38 minutes last night while Denver didn't rest Porter, Murray & Jokic the entire 4th last night?

What's BS?

So I have a question. Why do you guys think we’re some unstoppable team? People are acting like we’re playing good right now. This team has looked completely different since the start of the bubble. We’re not the same team we were back in March. To completely dismiss Denver as a threat is silly.. There is no legit home court advantage this year so other than our seeding being the top seed means nothing. I think the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, And Rockets all have a legit shot at making the finals because everything is so different from when we paused the season back in March.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    You saying we don't have the #1 seed locked up? AD & LBJ didn't play 38 minutes last night while Denver didn't rest Porter, Murray & Jokic the entire 4th last night?

What's BS?
    If someone has a negative opinion about how the Lakers are playing people get upset..

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    So I have a question. Why do you guys think we’re some unstoppable team? People are acting like we’re playing good right now. This team has looked completely different since the start of the bubble. We’re not the same team we were back in March. To completely dismiss Denver as a threat is silly.. There is no legit home court advantage this year so other than our seeding being the top seed means nothing. I think the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, And Rockets all have a legit shot at making the finals because everything is so different from when we paused the season back in March.
    This is the point in trying to make, posters here act like we just got to show up and its a wrap. That we got a switch to just turn on whenever we want. We have played like crap in the bubble. LBJ has been LBJ, Kuzma has really come into his own and Waiters has been good (but that can change if something triggers his mentality). AD has a couple of good games #s wise but nothing close to being dominant that you'd expect from a top 5 player in the league. Everyone else has been suspect.

If someone has a negative opinion about how the Lakers are playing people get upset..
    This is why Lakers fans are ridiculed in other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    This is why Lakers fans are ridiculed in other forum.
    Yep..

I think you guys are def right about the Lakers looking sub par during the bubble. We should all have some concerns. But I will guarantee this. These guys have nothing to play for, and when Lebron has nothing to play for at his age, nobody tries less. And that lack of urgency trickles down to the rest of the team. It will be a whole other Bron come the playoffs, although Bron has been known to coast in the first rounds some what as well. When we see a challenge Bron will raise his game to meet that challenge and the rest of the teams intensity will follow suite. Bron and therefore the rest of the team isn’t going to risk injury for meaningless games that change nothing. I look forward to the playoffs starting and this teams effort tripling and this team getting back to playing some dominant basketball

Lakers, Clippers and Rockets have a shot at making the Finals, definitely not Denver.

I agree with that sentiment

I'd rather they fall to the 4th and I don't mind facing them in the 2nd round.

Let the Rockets and Clips duke it out in the 2nd round.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Lakers, Clippers and Rockets have a shot at making the Finals, definitely not Denver.
    Hmm. I disagree. Denver has a really good team, I'd put them equal with Houston , behind LAL/LAC.

But LAL/LAC well ahead of the other two.

Any sleepers you think that could make a real run?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Mavs..

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast