Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Nate Thompson is useless. Pitlick and Grant aren't a whole lot better. Man I hate those little weasels from the Canadiens. Suzuki gave Hart a little love tap on the head after that weak goal, I don't know if nobody on the team saw that or what but he needs to get beat up badly. Poor Hart was fighting it last night. I just hope and pray it doesn't go 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Nate Thompson is useless. Pitlick and Grant aren't a whole lot better. Man I hate those little weasels from the Canadiens. Suzuki gave Hart a little love tap on the head after that weak goal, I don't know if nobody on the team saw that or what but he needs to get beat up badly. Poor Hart was fighting it last night. I just hope and pray it doesn't go 7.
    our home announcers praised thompson through the majority of the game....... not sure if that matters but they did

its funny, montreal fans are calling us the boring team lol
    we *are* the boring team. sean couturier is our best player. we have ryan braun and nick thompson. the flyers gameplan is to drown opponents in mud.
    this is just a lazy/dumb justification. Not calling you one, but its a stupid and moronic move. We came out flat on every period to start and two of them were the 4th line starting (even though one of them was a pk start). AV even threw out the 4th line on an offensive zone draw that resulted in the gallagher line getting a scoring chance.
    i'm just telling everyone why it happened. it wasn't a mistake, or something that AV did mindlessly. this was the 2nd night of a back to back, and AV was trying to steal a shift in the 3rd period. it backfired.
    niskanen getting a hearing and will definitely be suspended in the next game. Given how bad he has been, idk if this is a good or bad thing.

@casper...hopefully we get provorov-ghost but I best AV might do provorov-braun (nightmare)
    i don't know how i feel about that.

gallagher crosschecked niskanen, and niskanen was just returning the favor. there was no intent to injure there; gallagher spun into him at the moment when niskenen was getting him back, but because gallagher is 4'7, it caught him in the mouth, instead of the ribs.

i guess i'd say a suspension is earned, but it's not necessarily deserved.

I just hope they can refocus for game 6 and play more disciplined. They let Montreal get under their skin a bit and that can't happen. They are the better team and they need to show out.

Nisky suspended 1 game. AV will probably play Friedman over Ghost. Or if Ghost plays, Hagg or Braun will probably play with Provy.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Nisky suspended 1 game. AV will probably play Friedman over Ghost. Or if Ghost plays, Hagg or Braun will probably play with Provy.
    i wouldn't mind freidman if ghost was already in. I would like to see what provorov-ghost can do but we won't see it. 1 game was the right call

game.
    day.

puck drops at 7.

win and move on.
    lose and go to game 7.

Anyone have an update of who is playing and what the line combos are or is AV holding out until right before the game.

Marc Antoine Godin @MAGodin
    Alain Vigneault: "You don't like to see any player get injured. At the end of the day, I can only state the facts, and the fact is Gallagher got up and his mouth didn't shut up for the next five minutes."
    oh, i might be in love.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    oh, i might be in love.
    I showed this to my wife and she asked me, "Can you get a coach's jersey?" lol...ya know, that should be a thing...

I showed this to my wife and she asked me, "Can you get a coach's jersey?" lol...ya know, that should be a thing...
    and that's not even the best part.

this is the best part:

Vigneault's comments may seem insensitive, but they're right in line with similarly offhanded remarks Gallagher made in the 2014 Eastern Conference finals against the Rangers — whom Vigneault was coaching at the time.

In Game 3 of that series, Montreal’s Brandon Prust broke the jaw of the Rangers' top-line center, Derek Stepan. But Gallagher, among other Canadiens players, questioned whether Stepan's jaw was actually broken or if he was merely trying to game the NHL to give his team an advantage (as he returned to play in Game 3 and Prust was suspended two games for the foul).

“We’re 100 percent expecting him to play,” forward Brendan Gallagher said in 2014 (via The New York Times). “He got up, and he was yapping and yelling, so I’m sure the jaw isn’t hurting too much.”

3rd line:
    JVR - giroux - laughton

provorov - braun
    ghost - hagg

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast