Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 228
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Why do c9aches insist on putting the 4th line nd 3rd pair on the ice immediately after scoring a goal.
    is that a real question, or just a vent?


    the reason why it happens is because it's not a defensive zone draw, where you want your best defenders on the ice, or an offensive zone draw, where you best threats on the ice.

    all you expect/want is for them is to win a faceoff, dump the puck in, forecheck a bit, then get off the ice.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    not sure if anyone else notices this, but carey price oversets towards the near post when the puck is on his left.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    looks like someone taught jake the gable grip over the stoppage.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,462
    I love ya Couturier, but that was stupid.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,158
    Undisciplined play.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    is that a real question, or just a vent?


    the reason why it happens is because it's not a defensive zone draw, where you want your best defenders on the ice, or an offensive zone draw, where you best threats on the ice.

    all you expect/want is for them is to win a faceoff, dump the puck in, forecheck a bit, then get off the ice.
    Both. I get the general concept from an average goal. Far too often, especially in the playoffs, I see immediate answers. Naturally teams make an immediate surge after giving up a goal, especially a big one.

    I'd much prefer to burn a shift from better talent that's starting in a "less important" location knowing they have a better shot to hold of this surge.

    I also understand at least 1 member of all the other lines was on the ice for the pp. With these current lines, it would force AV to double shift one or jumble the other guys until a TV timeout. Seems like a good enough reason to get giroux the f@** away from Grant to me.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,671
    NAK should be in for Bunny. Ghost needs to play next game over Braun.

    G Couts TK
    Farabee Hayes Jake
    Raffl Grant Laughton
    NAK Thompson Pitlick

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,462
    Well, ugly finish, but we can expect most games we won't give up 5 (4 for Hart) with Carter in net against these guys. PP looked much better (just in puck movement alone), Voracek played really well, Farrabee played well...

    Just knock these guys out in the 6th game. I'm tired of Montreal. They play boring *** hockey when they're not acting like dicks.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Just knock these guys out in the 6th game. I'm tired of Montreal. They play boring *** hockey when they're not acting like dicks.
    uh, boring opponents to death is the flyers win condition, so i don't think it's appropriate to complain about anyone else being boring.


    acting like dicks, otoh, is completely fair game.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,158
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well, ugly finish, but we can expect most games we won't give up 5 (4 for Hart) with Carter in net against these guys. PP looked much better (just in puck movement alone), Voracek played really well, Farrabee played well...

    Just knock these guys out in the 6th game. I'm tired of Montreal. They play boring *** hockey when they're not acting like dicks.
    Yep they've got some scummy guys on their side. I wish Suzuki had gotten cracked in the mouth a few times.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,462
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Yep they've got some scummy guys on their side. I wish Suzuki had gotten cracked in the mouth a few times.
    Yeah, Suzuki is annoying. Gallagher is annoying. I'm over them. Hopefully we can get past this, and get to a more exciting opponent. Both on paper and on the ice. I'm hoping with a team who plays a little less like the Flyers do in many aspects, that the Flyers will come out of their shell a bit and let some of the talent they, in theory have on the ice, shine a bit more.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    is that a real question, or just a vent?


    the reason why it happens is because it's not a defensive zone draw, where you want your best defenders on the ice, or an offensive zone draw, where you best threats on the ice.

    all you expect/want is for them is to win a faceoff, dump the puck in, forecheck a bit, then get off the ice.
    this is just a lazy/dumb justification. Not calling you one, but its a stupid and moronic move. We came out flat on every period to start and two of them were the 4th line starting (even though one of them was a pk start). AV even threw out the 4th line on an offensive zone draw that resulted in the gallagher line getting a scoring chance.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    Voracek and giroux played 16 minutes in an elimination game. Unacceptable. AV lost this game. Why the hell is he playing the 4th line so much against gallagher? It finally cost us.

    Such a winnable game. We shot ourselves in the foot with 2 double minors in an elimination game. We should've had 3 and a major with niskanen's crosscheck. Just an ugly performance. Niskanen had a terrible game. Myers had his first bad one.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah, Suzuki is annoying. Gallagher is annoying. I'm over them. Hopefully we can get past this, and get to a more exciting opponent. Both on paper and on the ice. I'm hoping with a team who plays a little less like the Flyers do in many aspects, that the Flyers will come out of their shell a bit and let some of the talent they, in theory have on the ice, shine a bit more.
    its funny, montreal fans are calling us the boring team lol

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,854
    niskanen getting a hearing and will definitely be suspended in the next game. Given how bad he has been, idk if this is a good or bad thing.

    @casper...hopefully we get provorov-ghost but I best AV might do provorov-braun (nightmare)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •