Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I don't hate Ghost at all, but it was pretty easy to see he was going to get scratched after that performance. I've made it known I can't stand Braun. I don't even get mad when he makes a mistake anymore bc I expect it. I expect more from Ghost and he flat out stunk in that game. If it were up to me this is the change I would've made a long time ago:

Provorov - Ghost
    Sanheim - Myers
    Hagg - Niskanen

Sanheim and Myers are too good together right now to break up, but at the same time I like having a steady guy with the puck playing with Hagg even if he is struggling right now. Could it backfire playing Ghost against better competition? Absolutely, but I think the opportunity could be the confidence boost he needs to start playing his game.
    i want this as well because that sanheim-myers pair is just a monster. They are growing with every game. Ghost needs that confidence badly. Once he gets it, he plays very well. I want him on the top pp. I really don't like provorov there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    this is a team that wins ugly. that's been true since the start of the season.

when things are going well, the flyers suffocate opponents with wave after wave of offensive zone pressure. but when things are not going well, games get more ragged, more up and down, opponents create more chances, and it looks like this.

i think it's just a good matchup for him. there's a lot of space on the ice, and he's good at using his body to keep defenders away from the puck.

he also reads the ice well, and so he tends to be good at making himself available for quick outlet passes, and also chasing down those pop fly clearances into the neutral zone.
    ya win ugly, i don't give a crap lol. Just finish them off tomorrow.

I didn't see the first, but I feel as though the 2nd and 3rd periods were solid defensively and really didn't allow many grade A scoring chances. They also controlled the puck in the Habs' end for a majority of the 3rd. Giroux needs to start shooting the puck on 2 on 1s and love the heart (Hart) of the players laying in front of Weber's slappers (yes that's actually a compliment for Thompson too lol). Thank God the one that hit Hagg in the head wasn't flush and was kind of end over end.

I mean this is ugly hockey to watch but it's getting the job done I guess. I'll give AV credit, he goes with what's working. I don't think I've ever seen such a strong defensive team from the Flyers. A few bad turnovers here and there but it seems like they are always in position. Plus it helps to have a goalie that can bail you out when you do make a mistake.

On a side note, if the Flyers can lose this series out, the Islanders look red hot.

On a side note, if the Flyers can lose this series out, the Islanders look red hot.
    there's a single letter missing from this sentence.

who do we play next? would it still be 1 vs worst seed or is it by bracket?

yea i doubt ghost will be back in after our last 2 defensive performances.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    who do we play next? would it still be 1 vs worst seed or is it by bracket?
    Reseeding happens so we would play the lowest remaining seed. ...Probably going to be the Islanders, but they went and blew a 2-0 lead today to give the Caps some life lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Reseeding happens so we would play the lowest remaining seed. ...Probably going to be the Islanders, but they went and blew a 2-0 lead today to give the Caps some life lol
    Yep could be a turning point. Caps dominated most of game 1 before blowing the lead and the Islanders carried that momentum. Might be a series now if Backstrom is back for game 5.

I picked the Islanders to win that series. Flyers, Columbus, Islanders, & Boston. With Flyers beating Boston for the finals in the east. Vegas, Colorado, Dallas, & St Louis with Dallas beating St Louis to face the Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i want this as well because that sanheim-myers pair is just a monster. They are growing with every game. Ghost needs that confidence badly. Once he gets it, he plays very well. I want him on the top pp. I really don't like provorov there at all.
    i wouldnt mind ghost on the pp but there is a reason now why he is benched man.... i dont and wont put that game on him but our defense has been lights out without him......... these last 2 games our defense has been nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i wouldnt mind ghost on the pp but there is a reason now why he is benched man.... i dont and wont put that game on him but our defense has been lights out without him......... these last 2 games our defense has been nuts.
    just take out braun. Lets see what we have in ghost-hagg. It can't hurt to try. AV puts giroux with grant..ya that will definitely help us score more lol

while the isles are pretty much a similar team to montreal they don't have price which is good. However, they are bigger, a bit slower, but more skilled while playing a similar system/structure. It will for sure be a dogfight but its nice to see we can play against that type of system. Tampa bay showed they weren't capable last year and adjusted now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    while the isles are pretty much a similar team to montreal they don't have price which is good. However, they are bigger, a bit slower, but more skilled while playing a similar system/structure. It will for sure be a dogfight but its nice to see we can play against that type of system. Tampa bay showed they weren't capable last year and adjusted now.
    Varlamov has been outstanding as well, so I wouldn't count on it being any easier to score goals. Our top scorers need to snap out of this funk quick and get something going bc we're not going to go much farther without being able to score.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast