Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: Round 1 Montreal vs Flyers

Lets goooooooooooo boys. Best time of the year and the boys got it done to get a better matchup.

After the tampa game it is clear that farabee and ghost need to be on this team. I don't care that hedman was out, we were starting to dominate before that as well. Ghost and farabee were amazing and they are a better matchup for a smaller/faster montreal team (compared to cbj). Niskanen probably had his worst game of the year (terrible first period and a shoddy game vs caps. Hopefully that is it for him. Jvr was also awful throughout the round robin but would be nice to see him going.

Positives:

-farabee was great and finally won
    -nak was amazing
    -sanheim isn't injured
    -hart is awesome
    -GHOST IS BACK
    -we play the canadians

Hopefully this is out lineup:

g-couts-farabee
    laughton-hayes-tk
    nak-grant-voracek
    jvr-thompson-pitlick

This lineup allows for more depth and balance. The top line didn't lose much and it makes our 3rd line much better (which I thought was one of the few weaknesses in the round robin).

And once lindblom/raffl comes back for round two (we got this baby):

g-couts-voracek
    lindblom-hayes-tk
    nak-laughton-farabee
    raffl-grant-pitlick

i am all for ghost if he does what he did tonight and if he does that i am all for him being on the top PP... his movement with the puck is nuts. If we can get anything offensive out of our big guys we will be lit but i hope we just keep relying on hart and our defense... keep making the other team work super ****ing hard for anything and force mistakes and win.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Lets goooooooooooo boys. Best time of the year and the boys got it done to get a better matchup.

After the tampa game it is clear that farabee and ghost need to be on this team. I don't care that hedman was out, we were starting to dominate before that as well. Ghost and farabee were amazing and they are a better matchup for a smaller/faster montreal team (compared to cbj). Niskanen probably had his worst game of the year (terrible first period and a shoddy game vs caps. Hopefully that is it for him. Jvr was also awful throughout the round robin but would be nice to see him going.

Positives:

-farabee was great and finally won
    -nak was amazing
    -sanheim isn't injured
    -hart is awesome
    -GHOST IS BACK
    -we play the canadians

Hopefully this is out lineup:

g-couts-farabee
    laughton-hayes-tk
    nak-grant-voracek
    jvr-thompson-pitlick

This lineup allows for more depth and balance. The top line didn't lose much and it makes our 3rd line much better (which I thought was one of the few weaknesses in the round robin).
    The 3rd line probably created as many scoring chances outside of the 2nd line as any line during the RR. If anything was a weakness during the RR it was the 1st line not performing up to snuff outside of the pp being non-existent. I do think that small change with Farabee on the top line kind of woke Couts and G up and provided a different kind of energy. That said, I really liked the chemistry that Nak and Farabee had together while playing on the same line as well. It's a good problem to have when you can juggle a lot of different line combinations and still find a way to win.

The 3rd line probably created as many scoring chances outside of the 2nd line as any line during the RR. If anything was a weakness during the RR it was the 1st line not performing up to snuff outside of the pp being non-existent. I do think that small change with Farabee on the top line kind of woke Couts and G up and provided a different kind of energy. That said, I really liked the chemistry that Nak and Farabee had together while playing on the same line as well. It's a good problem to have when you can juggle a lot of different line combinations and still find a way to win.
    with the way he finished the round robin, i might put NAK up on the 1st line with couturier and giroux, just to see what happens.

g - c - nak
    laughton - hayes - lindblom
    pitlick - grant - voracek
    farabee - thompson - bunnaman

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    NAK did everything. JVR was so bad and was nonexistent throughout the game. Get NAK another weapon and that 3rd line can provide even more offense. I don't care if its farabee and nak or voracek+nak. If JVR isn't going to wake up then put him on the 4th until he does or we need to change things up.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    with the way he finished the round robin, i might put NAK up on the 1st line with couturier and giroux, just to see what happens.

g - c - nak
    swap farabee and pitlick and im game. No way should farabee be on the 4th when you have guys like pitlick, raffl, bunn, jvr.

swap farabee and pitlick and im game. No way should farabee be on the 4th when you have guys like pitlick, raffl, bunn, jvr.
    i'm just still pretty skeptical of farabee.

pitlick just seems to always be in the right place at the right time, so i'd rather give him the first go at it. for the same reasons that laughton fits alongside konecny and hayes, i think pitlick could fit well alongside voracek.

with the way he finished the round robin, i might put nak up on the 1st line with couturier and giroux, just to see what happens.

G - c - nak
    tk?

i'm just still pretty skeptical of farabee.

pitlick just seems to always be in the right place at the right time, so i'd rather give him the first go at it. for the same reasons that laughton fits alongside konecny and hayes, i think pitlick could fit well alongside voracek.
    I love pitlick so much. I will be kinda sad to see him go even though we have replacements for him. He has been amazing to watch with his hustle. Still though I would like to see farabee in the top 9. He has looked really good and his IQ helps his little frame. I think this is a perfect series for ghost and farabee. Perfect for them to play against a small team as well

tk?
    just a brain fart; swap konecny for lindblom and it fits.

game.
    day.

game.
    day.
    I'm so excited for so many things in this game/series. I'm hoping that Boston can at least give Carolina a hard time in their series. Carolina is likely going to be our second round opponent unless the Isles can remind the Caps that they like to choke in the first round. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I'm so excited for so many things in this game/series. I'm hoping that Boston can at least give Carolina a hard time in their series. Carolina is likely going to be our second round opponent unless the Isles can remind the Caps that they like to choke in the first round. lol
    Actually...watching this game...I feel like both teams are really slow and sloppy. Small sample size, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Actually...watching this game...I feel like both teams are really slow and sloppy. Small sample size, but still.
    annnnndddd Carolina got screwed on that goal. Boston player clearly lifts the goalie's glove....and then a shorty hahaha...this is ridiculous but fun

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast