Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will the Series Go?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 100.00%
  • Sox Win Two

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleveland Indians (8-6) @ Chicago White Sox (7-6) | 8/07 - 8/09

Cleveland Indians (8-6) vs Chicago White Sox (7-6)
    Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. | 8/07 - 8/09

Friday August 7, 2020 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Adam Civale, RHP (1-1 3.75 ERA) vs. Dylan Cease, RHP (1-1 6.48 ERA)

Indians: Civale has recorded nine strikeouts in each of his first two starts this season, but his quality start against the Twins on Sunday was wasted due to a lack of run support in the 3-1 loss.
    White Sox: Cease bounced back from a rough opener against the Indians by shutting down the Royals over six innings on Sunday. He struck out four and walked one while allowing two earned runs in the victory.

Saturday August 8, 2020 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Zach Plesac, RHP (0-1 1.80 ERA) vs. TBD

Indians: One pitch stood between back to back stellar outings for Plesac. He tossed eight scoreless frames in his first outing and followed with a three run, seven inning start on Monday against the Reds.

Sunday August 9, 2020 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Shane Bieber, RHP (3-0 0.83 ERA) vs. Lucas Giolito, RHP (1-1 5.17 ERA)

Indians: Bieber will look to continue his scorching hot start. He's fanned 35 batters over 21-2/3 innings through his first three starts, which is the third most through three starts in MLB History, behind only Nolan Ryan and Gerrit Cole.
    White Sox: Giolito struck out nine Brewers over six innings Tuesday, giving up a two run homer to Ben Gamel but nothing more. He will likely be part of another aces high showdown, as he is expected to square off with the red hot Shane Bieber

Shane Bieber has been unhittable

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I've just about had enough of Abreu batting 3rd....He should be batting 6th !!!But Ricky thinks he can't insult Abreu, not sure why? It's not like he's won titles here!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I've just about had enough of Abreu batting 3rd....He should be batting 6th !!!But Ricky thinks he can't insult Abreu, not sure why? It's not like he's won titles here!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doesn't matter if he's won, baseball is an individual's game and he's been an 800 ops guy for a long time. I don't mind giving him a good shot at being the number 3 hitter.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Doesn't matter if he's won, baseball is an individual's game and he's been an 800 ops guy for a long time. I don't mind giving him a good shot at being the number 3 hitter.

I agree though it feels like anytime LouBob and Moncada get on back to back you can just count on an Abreu ground ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I agree though it feels like anytime LouBob and Moncada get on back to back you can just count on an Abreu ground ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I definitely get the frustration, if he struggles long term they should lower him.

Don't know if I trust Renteria to make the tough decisions.

Click here to register!

Nice to see Cease have another good start!

Click here to register!

Cease topped out at 99.5 mph in the 4th inning last night. Flat out bringing it.

Anyone else notice that Adam Engle has looked like a different player since the end of last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Cease topped out at 99.5 mph in the 4th inning last night. Flat out bringing it.

Anyone else notice that Adam Engle has looked like a different player since the end of last season?
    Engel has looked really good... if this lasts he's gonna be too expensive to keep imo!

Click here to register!

Another injury with Bummer out. Our arms are not holding up. On the plus side, we seem to be quick with the fan favorite callups. Burdi woulda been most of our hope I’m assuming. I really wanna see Vaughn at DH though. I’m pretty much over Zack Collins guaranteed out!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

My point is "he hasn't won" ...So the manager doesn't owe him the respect of keeping him third out respect of having "rings", while batting third.
    I think its pretty obvious he should be moved down. When Anderson comes back, I would keep Robert leading off this year only, Anderson 2nd and Moncada 3rd, Jimenez 4th .....That's the top four that gives you the best chance ti win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    My point is "he hasn't won" ...So the manager doesn't owe him the respect of keeping him third out respect of having "rings", while batting third.
    I think its pretty obvious he should be moved down. When Anderson comes back, I would keep Robert leading off this year only, Anderson 2nd and Moncada 3rd, Jimenez 4th .....That's the top four that gives you the best chance ti win.
    I can respect your opinion especially considering how he's been struggling.

Looks like we're gonna lose today, all good. 2 out of 3 is all you really need in baseball. Pick up the rubber match tomorrow!

Click here to register!

That said I really think Ricky doesn't have it

Click here to register!

It’s not like there’s an obvious guy that should be batting 3rd right, everyone has been struggling.

I found Ozzie’s comments on Nick Swisher both interesting and revealing. While it is no secret that Swisher struggled his one year with the Sox, Ozzie may have a lot more to do with it than originally thought. A player coming over in a trade to a new team and immediately encountering an aggressive outspoken manager who “hates you with all his heart”, no wonder Swisher struggled. To keep it in perspective, you have to realize, 1) that Swisher went on to win a World Series and an all appearance soon after leaving the Sox and 2) you have to remember what Ozzie had turned into by the time Swisher had arrived. Ozzie was already, well into his antics that would eventually grease his rails out of town.

Could you imagine playing for that guy if he hated you?
    Last edited by Sockeye; 08-09-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast