Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GDT New York Yankees @ Tampa 8/7-9

Fri, Aug 7 • 6:40 PM EDT
    Yankees 9-3
    Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    0-0, 3.38 ERA, 3 SO
    Tanaka is building stamina after sustaining a concussion on July 4. He tossed 51 pitches in his season debut, allowing two runs (one earned) in 2 2/3 innings to the Red Sox on Saturday. Tanaka should be in the 65-to-70 pitch range for this start.

VS

Rays
    Blake Snell
    LHP
    0-0, 5.40 ERA, 9 SO
    Snell continues to build up after three-plus innings against the Orioles, in which he allowed three runs. He is 3-6 with a 4.41 ERA in 16 career starts against the Yankees.

Sat, Aug 8 • 2:10 PM EDT
    Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    3-0, 2.55 ERA, 16 SO
    Cole has won each of his three starts since joining the Yanks. Dating to last May 22 with the Astros, Cole is 19-0 with a 1.86 ERA in 25 regular-season starts, the sixth-longest unbeaten streak in Major League history.

vs

Rays
    TBD

Sun, Aug 9 • 1:10 PM EDT
    Yankees
    James Paxton
    LHP
    0-1, 13.50 ERA, 5 SO
    Paxton is having trouble missing bats and said he is "concerned" about lower fastball velocity since February back surgery. In his last start, Paxton’s heater averaged 91.5 mph and maxed at 92.9 mph, down from his 2019 average of 95.4 mph.

vs

Rays
    Charlie Morton
    RHP
    1-1, 5.52 ERA, 16 SO
    Morton had his best start of the season against the Red Sox, allowing just one run over 5 2/3 innings. His four-seam fastball velocity also increased, finishing at 93.1 mph against Boston, compared to 92.2 mph in his first two starts.

A good test for the BIG 3

I still think Pax and Tanaka will get it going by Sept.

BTW, what is the playoff formats?

Did I hear round 1 is all best of 3 for every team?

So if we go 45-15 there is no incentive?

Wouldn’t be funny if the Marlins win the WS?

They are 6-1 right now.

Jeter has a plan and it is working...

So where is Dan Lebetard today?

That moron is nowhere to be found with his 2 cents. He was the most vocal when Jeter started to slash payroll.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I always laugh when I see GDT Because it looks like "God Damn Thread" to me. I'm so used to" IGT"

Ignorance is bliss

against blake snell andujar should be in the lineup as the dh.. the yanks are terrified if stanton plays left he will injure himself ..

Brendan Kuty
    @BrendanKutyNJ
    8m
    The Yankees have brought RHP Albert Abreu with them to Tampa. His fastball can touch triple digits. Baseball America ranks Abreu as the team's No. 10 overall prospect. Could he see his MLB debut this weekend?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Crap game tonite by all Yanks but Tanaka.Brutal watching ABs by Judge, Torres and Sanchez who compounded another horrid night by letting O's slider get past him, setting TB up for the winning sac fly. All together, one to try to forget about!

Day, Tanaka had a terrific start. Why were you even worried with him?

He will never be what he was in his first 10-12 starts of his Yankee career but he knows on how to pitch.

So far we have 2 good starters

1. Cole
    2. Tanaka
    3. Pax- still waiting
    4. Happ- will figure it out
    5. Monty- need patience with him. Coming back and trying to round into form

Like I said a few days ago you have to at least give the entire rotation 5 starts. In a shorten season that is about 35% of their starts.

Let is play out and see where the chips fall.

Day, I think you overreacted a little with Tanaka when you included him in your worries. Pax and Happ I get but not Tanaka.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

The 7 inning DH is today.

Yeehaw!
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Crap game tonite by all Yanks but Tanaka.Brutal watching ABs by Judge, Torres and Sanchez who compounded another horrid night by letting O's slider get past him, setting TB up for the winning sac fly. All together, one to try to forget about!
    There are a few in this thread who believe what we saw last night, will not be an anomaly. I am one of them.
    It's not coming from a pessimistic stand point because this team could certainly win it all but they could also fall short, very short.

They will destroy mediocre pitching. They will beef up their numbers on those pitchers. But when they face a team with good pitching, we will see tons of games with 10+. Ks and crappy situational hitting. The swings one Voit and Stanton against Roe were sad. They knew what was coming and they still pulled off and swung for the fences.

Judge, Stanton, Voit, Sanchez, Hicks and even Torres to an extent are all swinging for the fences with every swing.
    It will work against pitchers who make mistakes but not against good ones. We've seen this story the past few years. nothing about this lineup has changed except for Didi being gone.
    We have one contact hitter, DJ.

I also don't think Torres is nearly ready to be "the guy". It's why I am still a huge proponent of moving DJ to first and trading for Lindor. Get rid of Voit. He's redundant. As are Sanchez, Judge and Stanton.
    We literally have 5 swing and miss, hitters in the first 6 batters. 4 are righty and one switch. I don't think we hold up well with this lineup.

Ignorance is bliss

Good pitching beats good hitting more often than not.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I am a bit concerned with Torres. Has the full time move to SS got in his head? I am not close to ready to throw in the towel. (Lindor is a luxury and I would love to have him)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    against blake snell andujar should be in the lineup as the dh.. the yanks are terrified if stanton plays left he will injure himself ..

Pretty hard to put someone in the lineup that isn't on the roster. You're not following your team very well.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Pretty hard to put someone in the lineup that isn't on the roster. You're not following your team very well.
    [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I am a bit concerned with Torres. Has the full time move to SS got in his head? I am not close to ready to throw in the towel. (Lindor is a luxury and I would love to have him)
    not worried at all...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast