Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,925

    PSD Homepage: Lakers MUST land CP3 & Create Big 3

    Pretty interesting take. Rather than going after young stars to do a Big 3, the author thinks CP3 could be the perfect fit. Though it's valid to ask if the thunder would take a package as light as proposed. While trading for CP3 would be an interesting move for the lakers, it would also take them out of contention for 2021 FA while adding a legit, albeit aging, point guard and hinder cap flexability going forward.

    However, seeing it's on the homepage of PSD, I respect that PSD endorses the Lakers must go get CP3 to complete their big 3.

    The Los Angeles Lakers seem to steal all the headlines every season. Whether they are good or bad in a particular season, there is something about the Purple and Gold that influences fans and media alike. Now with the likes of LeBron James and Anthony Davis as the franchise players, the hype is even more real.

    The Lakers made no secret that they wanted a third star to pair with their All-NBA duo in James and Davis. They went after Kawhi Leonard, who turned around and joined the rival Clippers. They had to settle with only James and Davis as their stars, with the likes of Kyle Kuzma and others expected to help out as a unit. But the Lakers need a third star if they want to be the undisputed favorites in the league because they rely too much on a 35-year old LeBron James to do all the playmaking.

    Luckily, there is a Hall of Fame point guard with plenty of fire in his belly who is still playing at a high level in the NBA. Chris Paul was traded by Houston after he looked old and slow in last yearís playoffs, and he has bounced back as one of the best pure leaders and playmakers in the game right now. Paul is the best option for the Lakers right now, and here is how they can get him in the off-season.

    Trade Package: Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green, Avery Bradley (Player Option), Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Player Option), 2027 First Round Pick for Chris Paul
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...ee-643206.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,102
    I would be super curious to see this pairing but idk how long cp3 can remain at his all nba level. What contracts would they even offer?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I would be super curious to see this pairing but idk how long cp3 can remain at his all nba level. What contracts would they even offer?
    Itís in the story. 1st/Kuzma/Green/KCP/Bradley but KCP and Bradley have to accept a player option to play in OKC. Lemme look at those options.......

    Bradley has a $5 million opt in and KCP has about $8 million.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 08-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,102
    interdasting. If Im those players I think I would opt in, doubt they can fetch more. Also, KCP has to be greatfull for the boatloads of cash the Lakers and Bron threw his way

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Good fairy tail and of course "they all lived happily ever after", Only... who says that OKC wants to part with CP3?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,627
    CP3 is the ideal fit no question

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Itís in the story. 1st/Kuzma/Green/KCP/Bradley but KCP and Bradley have to accept a player option to play in OKC. Lemme look at those options.......

    Bradley has a $5 million opt in and KCP has about $8 million.
    They'd still need to add another player to make it work financially. Green, Caldwell-Pope, Bradley, Kuzma, Horton-Tucker work. I threw in the Lakers' 2025 first-rounder. That would be the only offer that even slightly interest me if I'm Oklahoma.
    Kuzma could be a decent T.J. Warren-like presence. If I'm getting a first-rounder, I'm timing it for when LeBron has finally broken down and hopefully still has a cap-crippling contract, a la late-stage Kobe.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,949
    Paulís contract only has 2 years after this year.

    Lakers can also sign Lowry and keep Bradley and Kuzma. Give Lowry big $ for 1 season. Then go into 2022 free agency.

    I say either path gives Lakers a championship one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,925
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    They'd still need to add another player to make it work financially. Green, Caldwell-Pope, Bradley, Kuzma, Horton-Tucker work. I threw in the Lakers' 2025 first-rounder. That would be the only offer that even slightly interest me if I'm Oklahoma.
    Kuzma could be a decent T.J. Warren-like presence. If I'm getting a first-rounder, I'm timing it for when LeBron has finally broken down and hopefully still has a cap-crippling contract, a la late-stage Kobe.
    Right. and the only way I'm taking that first is if it has no or very little protections. like top 1 protected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •