Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you loan your gun out or it is used is a shooting my someone else, I believe you should be held liable for anything that happens. You probably can't get away with charging them with the same murder charge but something a kin to criminal negligence would do just fine.
    Well, maybe there should be differences by weapon type, I don't know....I'm thinking hunting rifles and shotguns when I talk about loaning a gun out...very few criminals use a hunting rifle designed to drop a deer at 100 yards or a shotgun design to drop a goose 200 ft in the air.

But yeah, I could see the potential of criminal negligence being involved. It was more the guy getting pistol whipped trying to defend his business and losing his gun in the process I was balking about.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Still think the left should load up... because the right is just gonna start shooting liberals once they realize they can no longer get what they want through elections.
    I think it's always best to assume if someone doesn't align with your views they probably are going to try shooting/killing you when things don't go their way. I don't see how things could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think it's always best to assume if someone doesn't align with your views they probably are going to try shooting/killing you when things don't go their way. I don't see how things could go wrong.
    There are 3%ers who believe they should start war to protect freedoms. I donít believe in arming myself, but I can see why people would.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Well, maybe there should be differences by weapon type, I don't know....I'm thinking hunting rifles and shotguns when I talk about loaning a gun out...very few criminals use a hunting rifle designed to drop a deer at 100 yards or a shotgun design to drop a goose 200 ft in the air.

But yeah, I could see the potential of criminal negligence being involved. It was more the guy getting pistol whipped trying to defend his business and losing his gun in the process I was balking about.
    Any gun can be used to kill. I donít think there should be any less of a penalty based on the type of gun. Youíre just setting up an opportunity for a crack/cocaine type of implicit racism to be used. Whatever gun is more prevalent among black criminals will certainly be given a higher charge than those of white criminals if thatís the case.

Any gun can be used to kill. I donít think there should be any less of a penalty based on the type of gun. Youíre just setting up an opportunity for a crack/cocaine type of implicit racism to be used. Whatever gun is more prevalent among black criminals will certainly be given a higher charge than those of white criminals if thatís the case.
    Is that what you think I'm doing? smh
    Show me the statistics on how many hunting style rifles are used to commit crimes vs pistols
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Is that what you think I'm doing? smh
    Show me the statistics on how many hunting style rifles are used to commit crimes vs pistols
    No I don't think that's what you're doing. But that is absolutely what I think will happen.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

So you loan your gun out to your best friend who has zero criminal history, zero red flags and then one day just snaps that gun owner should be held accountable? I mean, thatís REALLY extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy **** that's a horrible thought process.
    Agreed.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Still think the left should load up... because the right is just gonna start shooting liberals once they realize they can no longer get what they want through elections.
    All good if they want to arm themselves but the rest of this post is pretty far fetched.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So you loan your gun out to your best friend who has zero criminal history, zero red flags and then one day just snaps that gun owner should be held accountable? I mean, thatís REALLY extreme.

Yes. You are responsible for what happens with your gun. What's so hard to understand about it?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Tell your buddy to get his own gun....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

I 100% support the right to own guns, but why in the hell would you let someone borrow your gun? It's a deadly weapon. That's a pretty dumb thing to do.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I 100% support the right to own guns, but why in the hell would you let someone borrow your gun? It's a deadly weapon. That's a pretty dumb thing to do.
    I would like to add to what I said and what you're saying. But how exactly do you (the person letting someone else borrow the gun, not actually you or Brewers) know that the person you are lending the gun to has no criminal history or red flags? To do that, you would have to run a background check on them. And I don't think that is happening.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So if youíre hunting and he wants to use one of your guns you would say hell no?

I would like to add to what I said and what you're saying. But how exactly do you (the person letting someone else borrow the gun, not actually you or Brewers) know that the person you are lending the gun to has no criminal history or red flags? To do that, you would have to run a background check on them. And I don't think that is happening.
    Someone goes and borrows their car to someone and he goes and runs into a crowd of people and kills 10+ people should that car owner be held responsible for the deaths? If not, why not? Whatís the difference? Shouldnít the car owner be more responsible and know that his friend wonít drive into a crowd of people?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast