Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'd bet that every sound minded person would be completely for this. Unfortunately, those that are engulfed in politics are not of sound mind.
    The vast majority of citizens (and posters here) would agree. The problem is the systems as currently configured — and I mean both the political and economic systems — do not respond to what most citizens want, or need for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    LaPierre has to step down, he’s already been accused internally of the same things as in the NY AG report. That is how Ollie North and Chris Cox got bounced.

If he truly has any leadership qualities he would do this....
    LaPierre is a class 1 grifter, he does not give a s**t about guns and only about enriching himself.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'd bet that every sound minded person would be completely for this. Unfortunately, those that are engulfed in politics are not of sound mind.
    This is true. And as long as the same two parties are in power, the last thing in the world they want is to solve a wedge issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We all know the playbook on this one right?

Every conservative will automatically reject this and call it fake or a witch hunt and an attack on their rights without ever caring about the charges made.

I’m sure they’re waiting for their GOP talking points and marching orders via Fox’s prime time lineup right now.

I’m sure they’re researching the NY attorney general now for any late library books or cutting class in high school so they can discredit him.

Deny deny deny, pivot, attack, butwhatabout
    If the members at the top are guilty of the crimes they're accused than they should be held to whatever punishment is appropriate.

That said, I don't see anything that justifies the complete dismantlement of the organization. And the idea that the entire organization has to disappear is a huge over step. Do dem's not see how this will ABSOLUTELY be used against groups that they like in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Well they did start after the KKK was deemed a terrorist organization

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    The KKK has never been listed as an official terror group, and the government never forced them to disband, individual chapters have been sued in court to the point that they lost all their money and had to disband, but the govt itself never got involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    LaPierre is a class 1 grifter, he does not give a s**t about guns and only about enriching himself.
    Like I said earlier, he was running the NRA like many fake Christian pastors run their church. It’s donate and donate and donate while I’ll live this great life of luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The last legal owner of a gun should bear full responsibility of the harm caused by their gun. If that ends up being a store owner or someone it’s stolen from, then so be it. They will make sure to keep better care of their items.
    I wouldn’t go this far. I like gmen’s proposal and in that case, since you’d have to be insured, the insurance will have to bear responsibility. In the end the insured will most likely be dropped or premiums inflated tremendously.

The analogy of the car makes sense as well. You’re insurance will probably go up if your car is stolen and then a crime/accident takes place but you’re not held responsible for the act or harm caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The last legal owner of a gun should bear full responsibility of the harm caused by their gun. If that ends up being a store owner or someone it’s stolen from, then so be it. They will make sure to keep better care of their items.
    Holy **** that's a horrible thought process

So, I own a store and keep a gun there for protection. Thieves come in one day and I pull my gun to deter them, but they overpower me and take my gun. You're saying that if they then use my gun in another robbery...even months later....I should share the blame because I should've kept better care of my gun. Umm, no.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I wouldn’t go this far. I like gmen’s proposal and in that case, since you’d have to be insured, the insurance will have to bear responsibility. In the end the insured will most likely be dropped or premiums inflated tremendously.

The analogy of the car makes sense as well. You’re insurance will probably go up if your car is stolen and then a crime/accident takes place but you’re not held responsible for the act or harm caused.

Should be titled like cars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Holy **** that's a horrible thought process

So, I own a store and keep a gun there for protection. Thieves come in one day and I pull my gun to deter them, but they overpower me and take my gun. You're saying that if they then use my gun in another robbery...even months later....I should share the blame because I should've kept better care of my gun. Umm, no.
    Yeah, a little extreme. Though, if you leave it loaded under your bed and your kid kills a classmate, you should get a comfy 8×8 cell.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, a little extreme. Though, if you leave it loaded under your bed and your kid kills a classmate, you should get a comfy 8×8 cell.
    I think guns should be made with fingerprint sensors. Or a PIN, something like that. In addition to it being mandatory theyre kept in a safe at all times unless in use.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think guns should be made with fingerprint sensors. Or a PIN, something like that. In addition to it being mandatory theyre kept in a safe at all times unless in use.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    With today's technology, a sensor would seem doable....but while I don't hunt, I know a lot of guys that do, and they often loan guns out or share them. However, a pistol is not a hunting weapon, so maybe on those?

Therein lies a problem, tho....if I'm a storekeeper, it would be pointless for me to even have a gun there if it has to be locked in a safe when not in use. "Excuse me, Mr Thief, I'm trying to remember my combination"

Still think the left should load up... because the right is just gonna start shooting liberals once they realize they can no longer get what they want through elections.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Still think the left should load up... because the right is just gonna start shooting liberals once they realize they can no longer get what they want through elections.
    yes, because the world would just be heaven if we had nothing but lefties in it

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    With today's technology, a sensor would seem doable....but while I don't hunt, I know a lot of guys that do, and they often loan guns out or share them. However, a pistol is not a hunting weapon, so maybe on those?

Therein lies a problem, tho....if I'm a storekeeper, it would be pointless for me to even have a gun there if it has to be locked in a safe when not in use. "Excuse me, Mr Thief, I'm trying to remember my combination"
    If you loan your gun out or it is used is a shooting my someone else, I believe you should be held liable for anything that happens. You probably can't get away with charging them with the same murder charge but something a kin to criminal negligence would do just fine.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast