Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    All the investigations in deep red states and they haven’t found jack ****. Time to move on and stop acting like they’re doing what New York has found evidence of.
    What evidence did the AG of NY find? She never brought up any evidence

She’s your typical left wing AG who hates right wing organizations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they did start after the KKK was deemed a terrorist organization

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

It could go in different directions. It could lead to something good. Start exposing corruption within the govt and other big organizations.

It could lead to something bad. Constant legal bs clogging the system for partisan points.

Par for the course would be the latter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, just seems supposedly finding '$64 million' in a non-gov't organization to me seems an illogical thing to be concentrating on right now...witch hunt or not. I mean, CBS this morning reported that the head got 'free African safaris' and 'comped hotel rooms'......well, that's not fraud, those would be perks of the position and not something for an AG to concern themselves with.

I'm not saying there isn't fraudulent activity there, I mean I'd be surprised if there wasn't....it seems EVERY entity where there's limited people with access and control of millions is quite likely to have at least some (or activities some would view as fraud)......and they're not going to blow the whistles on themselves.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

So just burying your head in the sand? All the fraud that you're ignoring.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89971...-investigation
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

There’s a 169 page complaint detailing it. If you don’t feel like reading then shut up. There will be a whole trial on it anyway.

Little will come of this. At worst (or at most) the NRA will be found guilty of something. pay a fine and be dissolved. Within a short period of time it will evolve into the National Shooters Assn (or something similar, Armed Occupants of the Community [That would be a good one]) ) with the same membership and leadership.

Several years back all kinds of scandals came out about the United Way. They're still out there. Doing what they do.

Not much will change.

And for the record…I do not like the gun obsessed NRA or the NRA obsessed liberal dems. They are both wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Little will come of this. At worst (or at most) the NRA will be found guilty of something. pay a fine and be dissolved. Within a short period of time it will evolve into the National Shooters Assn (or something similar, Armed Occupants of the Community [That would be a good one]) ) with the same membership and leadership.

Several years back all kinds of scandals came out about the United Way. They're still out there. Doing what they do.

Not much will change.

And for the record…I do not like the gun obsessed NRA or the NRA obsessed liberal dems. They are both wrong.
    Well the biggest thing will be that the top leadership will be barred from holding leadership in a charitable organization.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well the biggest thing will be that the top leadership will be barred from holding leadership in a charitable organization.
    But they will still be around calling the shots.

Just like there is a lot of input to our political parties by unelected people pulling strings (As we will see on Jan 20.)

But they will still be around calling the shots.

Just like there is a lot of input to our political parties by unelected people pulling strings (As we will see on Jan 20.)
    Calling the shots...........pun intended?

And unfortunately true...people losing elections or top positions still tend to remain involved as lobbyists, etc

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Calling the shots...........pun intended?

And unfortunately true...people losing elections or top positions still tend to remain involved as lobbyists, etc
    When Biden takes over, US policy will be set and directed from Martha's Vineyard.

Not much will change.

I’d like to see a legitimized National Gun body that regulates training, licensing, registration, etc. Would create thousands of jobs, encourage responsible gun ownership and allow for better regulation of weapons on a consistent national level.

That’s the tip of the ice berg, but I’ve dug into this ad nauseum.

Conservatives need to accept that wide open gun rights are not applicable to today’s society (being 18 shouldn’t be the only requirement to buy an assault style weapon) and liberals need to accept that guns are part of our culture and there will be no reasonable way to eliminate them from a legal perspective.

So treat them like cars are treated in some areas (NY is where I grew up and my go to example).

Want a rifle? Apply for a permit and training classes with what should be the DMV equivalent for guns. Have a licensed shooter train proper treatment and use. Pass a test, you get a license for a low capacity and fire rate rifle permit (.22s, shotguns, etc the basics for either hunting or self defense and competitive shooting). But to purchase it you need to have proper gun insurance and proof of a locked and secure gun safe. Then you purchase and register the weapon.

Want a pistol or higher capacity assault style weapon? Take training and testing for a higher class of license (like a commercial drivers permit).

Train
    Test
    License
    Insure
    Register

That’s the bare minimum we can do. Banning assault weapons altogether would be nice but we can start with this and create thousands of jobs, revenue on licensing and registering, etc, a brand new job sector of gun insurers and legitimize and empower responsible gun owners as trainers.

It may have minimal impact on gun violence initially but over time it can change and open the door and minds to other thoughtful gun policies.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I’d like to see a legitimized National Gun body that regulates training, licensing, registration, etc. Would create thousands of jobs, encourage responsible gun ownership and allow for better regulation of weapons on a consistent national level.

That’s the tip of the ice berg, but I’ve dug into this ad nauseum.

Conservatives need to accept that wide open gun rights are not applicable to today’s society (being 18 shouldn’t be the only requirement to buy an assault style weapon) and liberals need to accept that guns are part of our culture and there will be no reasonable way to eliminate them from a legal perspective.

So treat them like cars are treated in some areas (NY is where I grew up and my go to example).

Want a rifle? Apply for a permit and training classes with what should be the DMV equivalent for guns. Have a licensed shooter train proper treatment and use. Pass a test, you get a license for a low capacity and fire rate rifle permit (.22s, shotguns, etc the basics for either hunting or self defense and competitive shooting). But to purchase it you need to have proper gun insurance and proof of a locked and secure gun safe. Then you purchase and register the weapon.

Want a pistol or higher capacity assault style weapon? Take training and testing for a higher class of license (like a commercial drivers permit).

Train
    Test
    License
    Insure
    Register

That’s the bare minimum we can do. Banning assault weapons altogether would be nice but we can start with this and create thousands of jobs, revenue on licensing and registering, etc, a brand new job sector of gun insurers and legitimize and empower responsible gun owners as trainers.

It may have minimal impact on gun violence initially but over time it can change and open the door and minds to other thoughtful gun policies.

This is all nice and dandy but what do you do with the guns already on the street in criminal hands? That’s where the gun violence comes into play. Yeah we can do more to prevent it but if you truly want to stop gun violence making it harder and more complicated to get weapons from law abiding citizens isn’t it. It just makes it more dangerous

This is all nice and dandy but what do you do with the guns already on the street in criminal hands? That’s where the gun violence comes into play. Yeah we can do more to prevent it but if you truly want to stop gun violence making it harder and more complicated to get weapons from law abiding citizens isn’t it. It just makes it more dangerous

Well it sure looks like doing stronger vetting of who buys and sells guns would go a long way to exactly what you're talking about.
    _____

unfortunately, a lot of the criminals with guns are getting them from other criminals selling them illegally

.....but there are also situations where guns are being sold over the counter by people who know nothing about them and have no idea what warning signs to look for in a customer because the employee themselves is a minimum wage WalMart employee who was stocking potting soil in the garden department an hour ago

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast