Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Tell your buddy to get his own gun....
    What if it busted the day before you two go on a hunting trip or some ****?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Someone goes and borrows their car to someone and he goes and runs into a crowd of people and kills 10+ people should that car owner be held responsible for the deaths? If not, why not? What’s the difference? Shouldn’t the car owner be more responsible and know that his friend won’t drive into a crowd of people?

Wait until you Google who is responsible for an accident when you let someone borrow your car...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I 100% support the right to own guns, but why in the hell would you let someone borrow your gun? It's a deadly weapon. That's a pretty dumb thing to do.
    Agreed. I think the other Bronc idea that you should be held responsible for any crime someone commits with your gun is equally dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So you loan your gun out to your best friend who has zero criminal history, zero red flags and then one day just snaps that gun owner should be held accountable? I mean, that’s REALLY extreme.

What in the **** would you need to loan a gun out for? lol

This is a dumb take.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wait until you Google who is responsible for an accident when you let someone borrow your car...
    The owners insurance.

I’m quite positive the owner of the car is not being charged criminally for that though.

That’s where the disconnect in this convo is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

You know you can’t go hunting together during a pandemic. Sooo selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So if you’re hunting and he wants to use one of your guns you would say hell no?

Hell yes, unless WE are hunting.

I can tell most of you don't live amongst a lot of hunters.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I can tell most of you don't live amongst a lot of hunters.
    I dont loan tools, ever. My dad was a tractor mechanic. If you need a tool, get some beers, and I'll be over. Lol

But really, unless I'm around, no one touches my guns. Obviously we arent all like that, I have a client that leaves a loaded .22 in his garage for shooting varmints and *****es at my guys if they see a muskrat and dont shoot it. I have to explain to him every season that my guys arent allowed in his garage and that I dont allow them to use customers guns because that's insane.

Go fishing instead.

I'm not saying that people can't loan out a gun. I'm just saying that they need to be willing to accept the responsibility. If you're just out hunting and shooting at animals, then there is going to be no consequence. Just don't give me a shocked look on your face if one of your hunting buddies uses it to shoot a person.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Would you loan a car to a friend with a suspended license or no license or proven driving ability? Maybe but you take on a lot of risk. And we don’t get rid of the entire drivers license, registration and insurance structure because some people will do that.

Same applies to a new structure for responsible gun ownership.

None of this is flipping a switch overnight. This is building infrastructure and formalizing this over time and the culture will shift with it.

My dad took me shooting and taught me a lot about guns growing up. A healthy respect and proper training for handling, maintaining (I still love the smell of gun cleaner), and firing. For such a dangerous thing that causes so many accidental deaths, it baffles me that training and licensing isn’t mandatory across the board. This isn’t 13 colonies with muskets to fight the government anymore. It’s just practical protections for modern weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by debo;33549507[[B
    B]]What in the **** would you need to loan a gun out for?[/B][/B] lol

This is a dumb take.
    This is the entire point in a few words.

What kind of idiot would loan a firearm to anyone???

Even a rifle to a hunting buddy……if you are all not hunting together, why would you loan out your rifle???

If a firearm is stolen, it should be a no-brainer to notify the police.

Hard to believe that for such a hot button topic anyone would be willing to loan out a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This is the entire point in a few words.

What kind of idiot would loan a firearm to anyone???

Even a rifle to a hunting buddy……if you are all not hunting together, why would you loan out your rifle???

If a firearm is stolen, it should be a no-brainer to notify the police.

Hard to believe that for such a hot button topic anyone would be willing to loan out a firearm.
    If you go out hunting and let a friend or their child use a gun of yours to shoot at wildlife, you might very well still be willing to do so if the rule I want implemented was. I wouldn't, but there are people that would be willing to absorb the risk. But as a general rule, I don't think people would do so.
    _____

New York Attorney General Moves To Dissolve The NRA After Fraud Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    There are 3%ers who believe they should start war to protect freedoms. I don’t believe in arming myself, but I can see why people would.
    I mean it's up to each individual sure.

The idea of arming yourself because some of this other group (right wingers, left wingers, black people, Muslims whatever) is likely to just start killing others is ridiculous though. That's extremism in itself and creates more issues thinking of it in this manner.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast