Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    unfortunately, a lot of the criminals with guns are getting them from other criminals selling them illegally

.....but there are also situations where guns are being sold over the counter by people who know nothing about them and have no idea what warning signs to look for in a customer because the employee themselves is a minimum wage WalMart employee who was stocking potting soil in the garden department an hour ago
    What if we made it so you couldnít just buy a gun from the guy who was stocking potting soil? What if before selling it, you had to go to someone trained in just those things?

Also the same rules should apply to the ammo. If these guns are being sold for self defense, then seeing massive spikes in ammo purchases could even be tied to allocation of police and other emergency service funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    This is all nice and dandy but what do you do with the guns already on the street in criminal hands? Thatís where the gun violence comes into play. Yeah we can do more to prevent it but if you truly want to stop gun violence making it harder and more complicated to get weapons from law abiding citizens isnít it. It just makes it more dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These are separate problems with separate solutions. We already have a problem with illegal weapons, but we can at least have some impact on guns in the hands of minors or people who are not properly trained.

Reigning in illegal weapons is for law enforcement. Again I use the car analogy; you get pulled over in a car thatís not yours or not insured or youíre not licensed, there are penalties and suspensions. Same for guns to lower the risk. And there are plenty of instances of good intention gun owners using them with malice. So letís get some standards set that are enforceable.

Some of these mass shooters purchased guns legally while having backgrounds of domestic abuse, mental issues, criminal past. They wouldnít have a license or guns if regulated this way. Maybe they have to obtain them illegally somehow but then fine, letís make it harder not easier on people like that.

I just donít think age should be the determining factor of purchasing a fire arm. You need to be trained. Especially if youíre purchasing for self defense.

unfortunately, a lot of the criminals with guns are getting them from other criminals selling them illegally

.....but there are also situations where guns are being sold over the counter by people who know nothing about them and have no idea what warning signs to look for in a customer because the employee themselves is a minimum wage WalMart employee who was stocking potting soil in the garden department an hour ago
    Yeah thatís the thing. Criminals are criminals.

But having inexperienced gun owners or people with red flags in their history should be managed.

Maybe you donít prevent a gangbanger from robbing a store, but maybe you prevent a few thousand accidental deaths or kids having access to guns or easy access to some guy in a rage. Maybe you keep them from domestic abusers. Maybe you get a more gun literate public too.

LaPierre has to step down, heís already been accused internally of the same things as in the NY AG report. That is how Ollie North and Chris Cox got bounced.

If he truly has any leadership qualities he would do this....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    LaPierre has to step down, heís already been accused internally of the same things as in the NY AG report. That is how Ollie North and Chris Cox got bounced.

If he truly has any leadership qualities he would do this....
    So the only thing we know is that he won't be going anywhere until he's forced out like Jazz by Uncle Phil (RIP).
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Iíd like to see a legitimized National Gun body that regulates training, licensing, registration, etc. Would create thousands of jobs, encourage responsible gun ownership and allow for better regulation of weapons on a consistent national level.

Thatís the tip of the ice berg, but Iíve dug into this ad nauseum.

Conservatives need to accept that wide open gun rights are not applicable to todayís society (being 18 shouldnít be the only requirement to buy an assault style weapon) and liberals need to accept that guns are part of our culture and there will be no reasonable way to eliminate them from a legal perspective.

So treat them like cars are treated in some areas (NY is where I grew up and my go to example).

Want a rifle? Apply for a permit and training classes with what should be the DMV equivalent for guns. Have a licensed shooter train proper treatment and use. Pass a test, you get a license for a low capacity and fire rate rifle permit (.22s, shotguns, etc the basics for either hunting or self defense and competitive shooting). But to purchase it you need to have proper gun insurance and proof of a locked and secure gun safe. Then you purchase and register the weapon.

Want a pistol or higher capacity assault style weapon? Take training and testing for a higher class of license (like a commercial drivers permit).

Train
    Test
    License
    Insure
    Register

Thatís the bare minimum we can do. Banning assault weapons altogether would be nice but we can start with this and create thousands of jobs, revenue on licensing and registering, etc, a brand new job sector of gun insurers and legitimize and empower responsible gun owners as trainers.

It may have minimal impact on gun violence initially but over time it can change and open the door and minds to other thoughtful gun policies.

Great ideas and it's common sense really. Sadly I bet they never happen. I would be all for this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Great ideas and it's common sense really. Sadly I bet they never happen. I would be all for this, though.
    I'd bet that every sound minded person would be completely for this. Unfortunately, those that are engulfed in politics are not of sound mind.

Virtually every ďillegalĒ gun in the US was legally purchased. The solution to this is to track the guns. That way we know who buys them legally and sells them illegally.

Iíd like to see a legitimized National Gun body that regulates training, licensing, registration, etc. Would create thousands of jobs, encourage responsible gun ownership and allow for better regulation of weapons on a consistent national level.

Conservatives need to accept that wide open gun rights are not applicable to todayís society (being 18 shouldnít be the only requirement to buy an assault style weapon) and liberals need to accept that guns are part of our culture and there will be no reasonable way to eliminate them from a legal perspective.

So treat them like cars are treated in some areas (NY is where I grew up and my go to example).

Want a rifle? Apply for a permit and training classes with what should be the DMV equivalent for guns. Have a licensed shooter train proper treatment and use. Pass a test, you get a license for a low capacity and fire rate rifle permit (.22s, shotguns, etc the basics for either hunting or self defense and competitive shooting). But to purchase it you need to have proper gun insurance and proof of a locked and secure gun safe. Then you purchase and register the weapon.

Want a pistol or higher capacity assault style weapon? Take training and testing for a higher class of license (like a commercial drivers permit).

Train
    Test
    License
    Insure
    Register

Thatís the bare minimum we can do. Banning assault weapons altogether would be nice but we can start with this and create thousands of jobs, revenue on licensing and registering, etc, a brand new job sector of gun insurers and legitimize and empower responsible gun owners as trainers.

It may have minimal impact on gun violence initially but over time it can change and open the door and minds to other thoughtful gun policies.

Solid post. Definitely a sensible plan

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Virtually every ďillegalĒ gun in the US was legally purchased. The solution to this is to track the guns. That way we know who buys them legally and sells them illegally.
    The last legal owner of a gun should bear full responsibility of the harm caused by their gun. If that ends up being a store owner or someone itís stolen from, then so be it. They will make sure to keep better care of their items.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The last legal owner of a gun should bear full responsibility of the harm caused by their gun. If that ends up being a store owner or someone itís stolen from, then so be it. They will make sure to keep better care of their items.
    So any damage done by the guns stolen from the rioters from gunshops should be the problem of the store owner? GTFO with that ********.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So any damage done by the guns stolen from the rioters from gunshops should be the problem of the store owner? GTFO with that ********.
    If the store doesn't take proper safety precautions and lock them up or have an accurate inventory to provide to police, then sorry I've got no real sympathy for them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Train
    Test
    License
    Insure
    Register

Throw in mandatory sentencing for those using guns during the commission of a crime and youíve got a deal...

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If the store doesn't take proper safety precautions and lock them up or have an accurate inventory to provide to police, then sorry I've got no real sympathy for them.
    You do realize that the feds already regulate such things with registered and licensed gun dealers donít you?

Research ďDealers Record of SaleĒ. Itís already way above and beyond any over-site of any employee of Walmart...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast