Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919

    What a difference...

    What a difference a year makes.

    The 2019-2020 faces of the New York Jets


    From left to right:

    Robbie Anderson- big contract with Carolina, no longer with Jets.
    Leonard Williams- traded, no longer with Jets
    Jamal Adams- traded, no longer with Jets.
    Sam Darnold- got mono, missed some early games of the season.
    Quincy Enunwa- no longer with Jets.
    Chris Herndon- missed virtually all of last season.

    Let's go 1 step further:
    Who was the Jets major Free Agent import last year?
    CJ Mosley- missed virtually all of last season, out this year also.

    You ever order french fries and come across that 1 really bad fry?
    Adam Gase was announced as the Head Coach last year- he's still here.

    Still like the color scheme of the uniforms though, just don't like the weak helmet decal.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-05-2020 at 05:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,742
    JD is changing the culture. Keeping who wants to be here and getting rid of everyone else.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    JD is changing the culture. Keeping who wants to be here and getting rid of everyone else.
    Adams wanted to be here.
    And wasn't it JD that said he wanted Adams to be a "Jet for life".
    Then JD reneged on Adams.

    Bottom line: that change the culture and keeping who wants to be here is pure crap, defecated from the book of generic sports sayings (co-authored by Eric Mangini).

    I don't recall any players playing here for free.
    When Sam's contract is up, is he going to stay for the league minimum because he "wants" to be here?
    Simple as that.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-05-2020 at 07:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Adams wanted to be here.
    And wasn't it JD that said he wanted Adams to be a "Jet for life".
    Then JD reneged on Adams.

    Bottom line: that change the culture and keeping who wants to be here is pure crap, defecated from the book of generic sports sayings (co-authored by Eric Mangini).

    I don't recall any players playing here for free.
    When Sam's contract is up, is he going to stay for the league minimum because he "wants" to be here?
    Simple as that.
    You have no evidence on JD reneging on a contract offer. We know that Adams said he wanted to be a Jet for life and the JD said he wanted him to be a Jets for life. Neither followed through that Jet for life business (with Adams now wanting to be a Seahawk for life despite not playing one game there yet). However, none of that constitutes the promise of a contract offer, an actual contract offer or the reneging on or rejection of a contract offer. Itís just two sides saying things through the media.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    You have no evidence on JD reneging on a contract offer. We know that Adams said he wanted to be a Jet for life and the JD said he wanted him to be a Jets for life. Neither followed through that Jet for life business (with Adams now wanting to be a Seahawk for life despite not playing one game there yet). However, none of that constitutes the promise of a contract offer, an actual contract offer or the reneging on or rejection of a contract offer. Itís just two sides saying things through the media.
    You have no evidence that Joe D didn't renege on a new contract offer.

    Someone had to be in the wrong, as what they say opposes each other.
    Well, who has the least reason to lie?
    Adams.

    He was clear from the beginning, spoke his truth and waited.
    Joe D publically said we want to make you a Jet for life, did he not?
    *Joe D then said publically, he would address Adams contract after the draft, did he not?

    Why is he saying he would address his contract situation after the draft, unless he has a need to communicate with Adams about a new contract?

    At the time, it was public knowledge that Adams was under the impression that a new contract was forthcoming, was it not?
    So when Joe D says he'll address it after the draft, why didn't Joe D go to Adams and address it?

    Go ahead, play the fence, if your to scared to pick a side that's on you, but I have yet to hear ANY solid defense for Joe D going non-communicado in a timely fashion, after giving his word publically.

    I get it, some of you are afraid to see anything other than the Jets organization/management in rose tinted glasses.
    I'm not.
    Though I believe in what Joe D wants to do, he handled this Adams situation horribly.
    Joe D isn't perfect, it's ok to say he messed up by not communicating with Adams (which he didn't), but no, some of you can't even accept that.

    You say otherwise, ok, show me what you have that coincides with what both Adams and Joe D had to say? I have.
    Or do you not have a real position?
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-06-2020 at 01:32 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    53
    Adams wanted to be a Jet for life on his terms. He cared more about himself then the team. So good riddance Adams!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by MnMetFan View Post
    Adams wanted to be a Jet for life on his terms. He cared more about himself then the team. So good riddance Adams!
    If the terms was good communication, then yes, Adams wanted to be a Jet for life on his terms.
    How dare he expect someone in management to honor their word, right?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,742
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Adams wanted to be here.
    And wasn't it JD that said he wanted Adams to be a "Jet for life".
    Then JD reneged on Adams.

    Bottom line: that change the culture and keeping who wants to be here is pure crap, defecated from the book of generic sports sayings (co-authored by Eric Mangini).

    I don't recall any players playing here for free.
    When Sam's contract is up, is he going to stay for the league minimum because he "wants" to be here?
    Simple as that.
    And yet he is playing for Seattle on his rookie contract.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,742
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You have no evidence that Joe D didn't renege on a new contract offer.

    Someone had to be in the wrong, as what they say opposes each other.
    Well, who has the least reason to lie?
    Adams.

    He was clear from the beginning, spoke his truth and waited.
    Joe D publically said we want to make you a Jet for life, did he not?
    *Joe D then said publically, he would address Adams contract after the draft, did he not?

    Why is he saying he would address his contract situation after the draft, unless he has a need to communicate with Adams about a new contract?

    At the time, it was public knowledge that Adams was under the impression that a new contract was forthcoming, was it not?
    So when Joe D says he'll address it after the draft, why didn't Joe D go to Adams and address it?

    Go ahead, play the fence, if your to scared to pick a side that's on you, but I have yet to hear ANY solid defense for Joe D going non-communicado in a timely fashion, after giving his word publically.

    I get it, some of you are afraid to see anything other than the Jets organization/management in rose tinted glasses.
    I'm not.
    Though I believe in what Joe D wants to do, he handled this Adams situation horribly.
    Joe D isn't perfect, it's ok to say he messed up by not communicating with Adams (which he didn't), but no, some of you can't even accept that.

    You say otherwise, ok, show me what you have that coincides with what both Adams and Joe D had to say? I have.
    Or do you not have a real position?
    JD never said he was going to give Adams a contract this year.

    Adams did act like an ***, called everyone out to make sure he did get traded.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,222
    It can be somewhere in the middle.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    And yet he is playing for Seattle on his rookie contract.
    And Adams may have been willing to do the same here, EXCEPT Joe D never contacted him timely, after the draft, as Joe D said he would.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-06-2020 at 10:56 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    JD never said he was going to give Adams a contract this year.

    Adams did act like an ***, called everyone out to make sure he did get traded.
    Really.
    What else is there for Joe D to speak with Adams about, initially before then after the draft, once he says he wants Adams to be a Jet for life?

    Joe D acted like an ***, making everyone think he waas going to address Adams after the draft, just to not do it.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-06-2020 at 10:55 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,919
    *** Still waiting on a valid reason for the following ***:
    A) It was public knowledge that Adams was under the impression that a new contract (or at least an extension) was coming his way.
    So what else would Joe D have to discuss with Adams, that he couldn't address before the draft and wanted to wait until after the draft?

    B) Why didn't Joe D contact Adams and his people, timely, like he publically said he would?
    [Thus is what rightfully ticked Adams off]



    Well.............bring your excuses.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-06-2020 at 11:06 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,668
    Thereís no solid evidence backing Adams or Joe D.....

    So this debate is worthless


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,207
    In terms of Jamal Adams, if you are Joe Douglas, there was absolutely no reason to give him a new contract. He had this year left on his contract, his 5th year option next year, and you could franchise tag him 2 years in a row. There was absolutely no reason to talk contract for at least 2 or 3 more years.
    Eichel Tower

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •